How much have you lost and how long did it take?

Options

Replies

• Almoshposh
    Almoshposh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've lost 6.4kg(approx 14 pounds) in about 2.5 months. I used to drink a lot of Coke Zero when I started out but lately it has become too sweet for my palate. Gotta love low carb side effects!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Highest recorded weight: 319 in 2010.
    Weight when starting LCHFMP (1/15/15): 262
    Current weight: 241.2

So in 4.5 years NON-Low carb, I lost 57 pounds.

Since January (went Keto on 2/18), I've lost 21 pounds. So roughly 21 pounds in 20 weeks. That averages out to a pound a week.

BUT - I've lost almost two full pants sizes (been nervous to try on the lower pants size again, but I need to as I can't keep my jeans up anymore!), around 20 inches, and I feel better than I ever have in my adult life.

So, even if I don't ever lose another inch or pound, I'm in it for the way this way of eating makes me feel. Period. I also had a 6-8 week stall in there, but I kept to it, and my body caught up. So this has to become a lifestyle.... If it doesn't, you're just using it as another diet fad...and it won't give you the longest term benefits.

Determine why you are here, and what you're looking to gain. It makes all the difference in long term success.

And for the record, I had to cut out artificial sweeteners - except what I use to take the edge off my tea (I sweeten only to the point of tolerance, not to a sweet taste, and I think that makes the difference) as it didn't effect me the same as sweet treats - to break my 6-8 week gain/stall....
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm down 8.5 lb in about 2.5 weeks. But I'm doing a "slow carb slide". I cut to 100g 1st week, then 80g 2nd week, now I'm on <60g this week. Next week will be either 50 or 40g (not sure yet), then 30 or 20, then <20. Works better this way for me. I know some people rip the band-aid off and some slowly peel it. I work better with the slow adjustments.

I also cut my dt Mt Dew consumption in half, went from almost no water to 8-10 cups a day, and I exercise at least 30 min 5 days/week (for health, not to lose weight).
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I have only been doing this for 16 days, the scale seems to be bouncing around a lot so I'm not seeing any steady downward progress yet. But I only have 15-20 pounds to lose. I have noticed I can't pinch as much fat on me in different places. I am feeling really good. Before, I felt tired and stressed every single day, which I thought was hormonal. I had no clue that by changing my diet I could turn that around. I thought I was just going to have to suffer with it because I don't want to do hormonal replacements. I'm sleeping better, feel more rested, my hair and skin and nails look and feel amazing. Who knew? I found this out by accident because I only started eating this way to support my significant other whose doctor recommended Atkins.
  • miche173
    miche173 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have been doing LC since 2/8/15, and have lost 40 pounds so far. Started at 222.5, now 182.5. I have 40 more pounds to go till goal. I have been using MFP since the beginning of April, when I was 202.5. I need the scale, since I look in the mirror and barely see the difference, even though everyone else seems to notice. I don't expect the next 40 to go as quickly, but in 3 pounds, I will no longer be classified as obese. I definitely have a ton more energy without sugar crashes and carrying around the extra weight.
  • kikigigi1978
    kikigigi1978 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    well done everyone ive just started today and i hope i can do half as well as u all x
  • tishball
    tishball Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I just started three days ago, and I don't mind fast or slow once the fat moves. I love reading about the loss. If I had started this method of eating back in January when I was faffing about with low calorie diets I would have progress made. with the other method I would just give up and back to square one. Hope on monday to have a reduction on the scale, but so far I feel full, feel energetic and don't feel I am dieting just changing my way of eating.
  • aj_vilar
    aj_vilar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    10kg in first 12 weeks but lost some strength. After another 4 weeks on progressive overload, I'm now lifting more than I did when i was on carbs/heavier.
  • eatsyork
    eatsyork Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    86 lbs in 9 months so far.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady is what I can do for now, too. My weight fluctuates by up to 14 pounds in a week due to medical treatments, so pinning down a number is tough. End of Feb I weighed 318-327lbs, this week it's been 305-311. I guess you could say 13 pounds in 3 months.

I weigh myself daily to help see trends, but I focus more on increasing my activity level.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    With the slow and fast changes in losses over time, right now I'm averaging about 1 pound per week loss, but in the time I've lost 20 pounds, I've dropped 2 pants sizes...
  • caseyjfer
    caseyjfer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've lost 8.1 pounds in 11 days on LCHF.
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    In just over 6 weeks I have lost almost 19 pounds.
  • Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am a very slow loser! I've lost 4-5 lbs in 5 months. Started at 164, lowest 159.9, current 160, goal 130-140. However, my mind and inside body feel fantastic! I'm also seeing muscle gains, so I'm not overly concerned about the scale's slow decent.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I've lost 27 pounds since mid January, so four months. The greatest loss has been the decrease in Fibromyalgia pain. In the fibro world we call an extreme episode of pain a "flare". Normally I would have a flare about once a month (depending on physical activity). You can guess, the more active the more flares....vicious cycle. Since lc to ZC I haven't had a flare and my activity level is higher than its been in years! I will take that NSV any day!
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    30.15kg in...just under 21 weeks. The first 10kg was on a stupidly low calorie diet prescribed by my doctor. The rest was low carb followed by very low carb.

I was on 800kcal a day when I started, now it's more like 1550kcal. A girls gotta eat!
  • parkdad73
    parkdad73 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 pounds averaging about 1.5 per week but it wasn't constant. I would lose a good deal then plateau for 1-2 months.
    One thing that I run into when I see someone else who lost weight faster than me is that it causes me to doubt my achievement. "Why didn't I lose weight as fast as they did? Did they have more determination? Did I half-*kitten* it?"
    At times it really undermines the positive feeling I get from know what I did. It is hard to remember we're all different and our bodies work in different ways so it is really a case where you can't compare.
  • emiloots
    emiloots Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    16 pounds in 7 weeks, 10 the first two weeks then a 2 week period of leveling out followed by about 1-2# per week after that.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Since getting back on low carb I've lost 20 lbs in 2 months. I only have about 17 lbs to lose until my goal weight. When I first started low carb several years ago I lost 60 lbs in about 8 months. For a while I basically maintained my weight though at times I did gain 10 lbs. I've gone on and off low carb more times than I care to admit, but I am much more committed this time around to stay on low carb and make it a way of life.
  • dalansteiner
    dalansteiner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    21 lbs in 50 days. I think that is a bit too fast, so I may boost my calorie intake a bit.

I am exercising my hiney off, something I have not done faithfully for 22 years. ..so maybe my TDEE is waaaaaay off