First 10 lb gone!

Options
xLoveLikeWinterx
xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
1st 10 lbs are gone. I love the water weight stage in the beginning lol… It’s nice to see whooshes consistently. I know not to get used to it, but I’ll take it for now :)

13.5 lb to go until my 1st goal and then I’ll re-evaluate. Realistically I’ll probably aim for another 10 after that.

Doing a "slow carb slide" to try to avoid most of the carb flu, but I think it hit me starting Wednesday :( Trying to fight through it but it's been pretty bad. I didn't think I'd get it roughly 3 weeks in?

Replies

• marciabwls
    marciabwls Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    :) Congrats on the first 10 lbs... I'm .4oz from my goal...according to the BMI numbers I should weigh around 114 to 135..this morning was at 131.4...trying to do arm exercises to start gettting rid of the bat wings...
    I love MFP friends.. they give me so much encouragement and support..
  • SRJennings
    SRJennings Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Ah! When a post starts with "10 pounds gone" it is a grand and wonderful day! Congratulations!
  • danidanibobani
    danidanibobani Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I have three more until 10. Experienced my first whoosh.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    1st 10 lbs are gone. I love the water weight stage in the beginning lol… It’s nice to see whooshes consistently. I know not to get used to it, but I’ll take it for now :)

13.5 lb to go until my 1st goal and then I’ll re-evaluate. Realistically I’ll probably aim for another 10 after that.

Doing a "slow carb slide" to try to avoid most of the carb flu, but I think it hit me starting Wednesday :( Trying to fight through it but it's been pretty bad. I didn't think I'd get it roughly 3 weeks in?

carb flu hits at multiple stages. I got it pretty bad around week 4, I think. It varies with your adaption level. Up sodium and fats (to get through), and add potassium (lite salt is a good option, but there is lots in foods not tracked sometimes) and add a magnesium citrate supplement. Should help tons.
  • Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! and hang in there with the symptoms! Hold tight to your reasons for doing Keto and be kind to yourself while you adjust!