Today's WOD

Options

Replies

• Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    No Murph for us today (which I was the tiniest bit sad about). They programmed Glen instead. This was a monster, I was slow on the climbs but it was a lot of fun.
    Glen
    For time:

30 Clean & Jerks 135/95

Run 1 mile

10 Rope Climbs

Run 1 mile

100 Burpees
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    today was horrible:
    W/Up - bear walks & burpees
    Strenght: Back squats 3 x 7 & strict pull ups
    WOD: 18 min time cap
    2 rope climbs
    20 thrusters
    20 push ups
    run 400 m
    x 3 rounds
  • mccraee
    mccraee Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    This morning was

warmup 1000 m row

skill: heavy push press 2x2x2x2

workout: 3 rounds 50 DU, 20 lateral box jump overs

extra credit (really?, aren't we done yet?): this gymnastics move swinging yourself between parallel bars TABATA style
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Today is a good Murph recovery day workout:

Deadlifts 5x5. Pick a weight and stick to it.

Power Cleans: 2-2-2-2-1-1-1-1 Working to a heavy single.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    No Murph for us today (which I was the tiniest bit sad about). They programmed Glen instead. This was a monster, I was slow on the climbs but it was a lot of fun.
    Glen
    For time:

30 Clean & Jerks 135/95

Run 1 mile

10 Rope Climbs

Run 1 mile

100 Burpees

I've done this before and it damn near killed me, even scaling the rope climbs to pushups/sit ups. This is the single hardest CF workout I've ever done and it's not even close.

I think I had to stop at 50 burpees. I had literally reached the point where I could not flip my legs up from the push up position to underneath my body. About two minutes later one of the guys was on the final 10 burpees and really struggling so the entire gym dropped and did them with him.

I have no idea where I pulled those 10 burpees from, but I almost wish I'd ran and grabbed my phone to photograph it instead.

• Keladelphia
    edited May 2015
    Options

bostonwolf wrote: »
    Glen
    For time:

30 Clean & Jerks 135/95

Run 1 mile

10 Rope Climbs

Run 1 mile

100 Burpees

I've done this before and it damn near killed me, even scaling the rope climbs to pushups/sit ups. This is the single hardest CF workout I've ever done and it's not even close.

I think I had to stop at 50 burpees. I had literally reached the point where I could not flip my legs up from the push up position to underneath my body. About two minutes later one of the guys was on the final 10 burpees and really struggling so the entire gym dropped and did them with him.

I have no idea where I pulled those 10 burpees from, but I almost wish I'd ran and grabbed my phone to photograph it instead.

Wow, that's so awesome! Pictures of that moment would have been great. We had a girl who was still making her way through the last few burpees over the hour mark, everyone was counting and cheering for her. Moments like that are what makes crossfit truly awesome to me. It was way harder than I expected; 47 minutes Rx'd and I have major rope burns from how sloppy I was coming down from the climbs; think I'll wait a while before tackling that one again
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    If memory serves I treated the opening like Grace (which it is) and plowed through it as fast as I could. That was not smart :)
  • Keladelphia
    Options
    Snatch 1,1,1,1,1

THEN

The Couplet
    3 Rounds for time

30 Wall Balls 20#/14#

30 Hang Squat Snatches 75#
  • mccraee
    Options
    this morning was

skills snatch

wod
    1000 m row
    and then 3 rft
    15 ohs
    15 ring dips

I am sore and bruised from the tire flips on Monday. My kids say that it looks like I'm giving myself hickies
  • bethlivi
    bethlivi Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I like that wod, mccraee. KellyAnn, that wod sounds brutal. So. Many. Squats!!!

We did 9 minutes of 1 power clean, 3 front squats, 1 jerk (1 every 90seconds) for load/form. I hit 120#. My jerks need a lot of work.

Then the WOD was 7 minute AMRAP of 10 deadlifts, 10 burpees, 10 front squats, and 10 burpees. I did the Rx of 95#. 2+6. Blah. So sweaty in there today. And our cottonwood trees are shedding so I looked a little like an arts and crafts project my three year old might make: wet and covered with cotton. lol
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Today:
    OH Squats 3 x 10 (love OH squats!!)
    WOD:
    1 min Cleans
    1 min box jumps
    1 min wall balls
    1 min DU's
    1 min rest
    x 4 rounds
    It was really really hard :/ and it's getting really cold with us so sucked to be me at 5.45am this morning
  • Keladelphia
    Options
    bethlivi wrote: »
    I like that wod, mccraee. KellyAnn, that wod sounds brutal. So. Many. Squats!!!

We did 9 minutes of 1 power clean, 3 front squats, 1 jerk (1 every 90seconds) for load/form. I hit 120#. My jerks need a lot of work.

Then the WOD was 7 minute AMRAP of 10 deadlifts, 10 burpees, 10 front squats, and 10 burpees. I did the Rx of 95#. 2+6. Blah. So sweaty in there today. And our cottonwood trees are shedding so I looked a little like an arts and crafts project my three year old might make: wet and covered with cotton. lol

I stupidly didn't think it would be but it definitely was. My legs are feeling it today!

• mccraee
    Options
    this morning was my 4th day in a row. Tomorrow my old body will finally get a break.

Wod
    60 second cleans
    60 s rest
    60 s make waves with big fat heavy rope
    60 s rest
    60 s row for calories
    60 s rest

This was fun but hard on the forearms and I will sleep well tonight.
  • bethlivi
    Options
    I love all the wods that are posted. Makes me want to drop in to all of your gyms. haha

We did 7X1 back squats today--adding 15-20# from last week (if you can). I did 180#.

Then:
    (2RFT)
    200m run
    15KBS (24/32--i scaled to 16kg)
    10TTB
    15KBS

(short and sweet)
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    I had no idea until just now.......I was going no matter what.

Oly Complex
    1 Hang Squat Clean + 3 Front Squat

Work toward a max set.

"Over Easy"
    AMRAP 14
    4 T2B
    8 Burpees
    12 Box Jump Overs 24/20

Scale T2B and box height as needed.
  • bethlivi
    Options
    OK, so that looks like FUN. Can I come? lol
  • Keladelphia
    Options
    When you look at the crazy scoring breakdown I think my coaches are trying to test our math skills more than anything. 36 Minute AMRAP

0:00 – 9:00

3:00 of Snatch 115/75

Run 400m

9:00 – 18:00

3:00 of Clean & Jerk 115/75

Run 400m

18:00 – 27:00

3:00 of Deadlifts 115/75

Run 400m

27:00 – 36:00

3:00 of Half Burpees

Run 400m

*Scoring: Count your reps for each movement. Note the time it takes you for each run. Subtract that time from 6 minutes. Convert that time into seconds. Divide that number by 10. Add that number to your reps. Example would be 30 Snatches and 2 minutes to run the first 400 meters. 6:00 minus 2:00 is 4 minutes, or 240 seconds. Divide by 10 is 24. So add 30 + 24 = 54 for the first round.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    When you look at the crazy scoring breakdown I think my coaches are trying to test our math skills more than anything. 36 Minute AMRAP

Run 400m

Run 400m

Run 400m

Run 400m

*Scoring: Count your reps for each movement. Note the time it takes you for each run. Subtract that time from 6 minutes. Convert that time into seconds. Divide that number by 10. Add that number to your reps. Example would be 30 Snatches and 2 minutes to run the first 400 meters. 6:00 minus 2:00 is 4 minutes, or 240 seconds. Divide by 10 is 24. So add 30 + 24 = 54 for the first round.

Since I go to the 5am class and I’m not into math at that hour, I’m not going to score very well. What is a half-burpee?
  • Keladelphia
    Options

Run 400m

Run 400m

Run 400m

Run 400m

Since I go to the 5am class and I’m not into math at that hour, I’m not going to score very well. What is a half-burpee?

At 5 AM i'm not into anything except sleeping. It's the first part of the burpee, the jump out without the push-up. We don't ever really do half burpees so I was surprised to see it in the WOD but then again I was surprised to see everything in this weird WOD.
  • paultassy
    paultassy Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow we are doing Fran. Gonna do my best to Rx