Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Tried this last night for something different. I was very happy with it. Nice cinnamon flavor and could even taste that butter/brown sugar flavor that you get with a nice gooey cinnamon roll.

waxz6f12ico4.jpg

I've been hesitant to try Edys simply because of the small serving size. Is that weird?

That's what I love about their Slow Churned line...60ish grams for 100-130 calories means I can eat comparably to a Talenti serving
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Tried this last night for something different. I was very happy with it. Nice cinnamon flavor and could even taste that butter/brown sugar flavor that you get with a nice gooey cinnamon roll.

waxz6f12ico4.jpg

I've been hesitant to try Edys simply because of the small serving size. Is that weird?

It's not that small. The ice cream is just lighter with less mix in's, but volume wise it's about the same.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Last night, I went to Marianne's in Santa Cruz (an icon here) and had cardamom pistachio. It was yummy! Sorry no pic.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked it more, but maybe because mine didn't have many hazelnuts and the chips were small and underwhelming for me. :confused:

Maybe I was expecting something else. Perhaps I'll give it another try when I'm done trying new flavors.

I felt like mine had a lot of hazelnuts.

Expectations are a lot of it I think-- I was expecting it to not be very good so I was pleasantly surprised. It's not one of my favorites but it's good I think.

But too, we all disagree fairly regularly about which flavors are good and that's fine. Last year everyone was raving about the B&J peanut butter core and I hated it. Plenty of ice cream for everyone to have their favorites. ;)

I think I wanted a stronger hazelnut flavor. But I agree, there are too many ice creams in the world to argue. :wink:

I've yet to have Ben and Jerry's because I'm still too taken aback by the calories. lol. One day, though.

Seriously try their Half Baked froyo. It is sooooo good! And the Cherry Garcia, if you like cherry. The Fudge Brownie froyo was good if you put peanut butter on it, I just wasn't a huge fan.

A reviewer on www.theimpulsivebuy.com said Wal-Mart's Sam's Choice Cherry ice cream was even better than Ben & Jerry's.

My Wal-Mart doesn't carry Sam's Choice. I guess you have to go to a Super Wal-Mart for that. If they did, I'd be stocking up on their Coffee & Donuts ice cream, because I loved that stuff!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

waxz6f12ico4.jpg

Sometimes I find with the weird serving size/lower calorie I end up eating 1-3 servings. Their Cinnamon Bun flavor in the regular & slow churned is good as is there French Silk & Slow Churned Mint Chocolate Chip.

Has anyone tried the Three Twins Mint Confetti? I've seen Giant is discontinuing it & if it's good I might pick up a pint before they run out.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked it more, but maybe because mine didn't have many hazelnuts and the chips were small and underwhelming for me. :confused:

Maybe I was expecting something else. Perhaps I'll give it another try when I'm done trying new flavors.

Expectations are a lot of it I think-- I was expecting it to not be very good so I was pleasantly surprised. It's not one of my favorites but it's good I think.

But too, we all disagree fairly regularly about which flavors are good and that's fine. Last year everyone was raving about the B&J peanut butter core and I hated it. Plenty of ice cream for everyone to have their favorites. ;)

I think I wanted a stronger hazelnut flavor. But I agree, there are too many ice creams in the world to argue. :wink:

I've yet to have Ben and Jerry's because I'm still too taken aback by the calories. lol. One day, though.

Seriously try their Half Baked froyo. It is sooooo good! And the Cherry Garcia, if you like cherry. The Fudge Brownie froyo was good if you put peanut butter on it, I just wasn't a huge fan.

A reviewer on www.theimpulsivebuy.com said Wal-Mart's Sam's Choice Cherry ice cream was even better than Ben & Jerry's.

My Wal-Mart doesn't carry Sam's Choice. I guess you have to go to a Super Wal-Mart for that. If they did, I'd be stocking up on their Coffee & Donuts ice cream, because I loved that stuff!

My favorite part is the glaze *drools*:D.

I seen Giant had a limited edition Marshmallow ice cream with a pretzel swirl. I am not big on pretzel swirls so I passed.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

waxz6f12ico4.jpg

It's not that small. The ice cream is just lighter with less mix in's, but volume wise it's about the same.

OnceI make some room in my freezer, I'll have to try some out!
  • Francl27
    Options
    Got the Oikos Frozen Greek yogurt sea salt caramel at Shop Rite. I like it. Not a bad lower calorie option at all.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Got the Oikos Frozen Greek yogurt sea salt caramel at Shop Rite. I like it. Not a bad lower calorie option at all.

Oh good! I haven't tried mine yet. I've been rocking the TH Deep Dark Chocolate over some fresh strawberries for the past few days. I have the Oikos plus 2 pints of B&J still, and a pack of Yasso Mint Chocolate Chip Greek Frozen Yogurt bars. Finished off the Peanut Butter Cup ones, which were stellar. I had tried Weight Watcher's Frozen Greek Yogurt bars a while ago and threw away the box, they were so horrible. So I was pleasantly surprised with the Yasso.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

Oh good! I haven't tried mine yet. I've been rocking the TH Deep Dark Chocolate over some fresh strawberries for the past few days. I have the Oikos plus 2 pints of B&J still, and a pack of Yasso Mint Chocolate Chip Greek Frozen Yogurt bars. Finished off the Peanut Butter Cup ones, which were stellar. I had tried Weight Watcher's Frozen Greek Yogurt bars a while ago and threw away the box, they were so horrible. So I was pleasantly surprised with the Yasso.

Yeah I tried some Weight Watcher frozen yogurt and it ended in the trash too. But so did the Yasso, honestly... it tasted like cardboard (I tried the coconut ones).
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    edited June 2015
    Options

My favorite part is the glaze *drools*:D.

I seen Giant had a limited edition Marshmallow ice cream with a pretzel swirl. I am not big on pretzel swirls so I passed.

I was pretty disappointed with the pretzels in Market Pantry's Sea Salt Caramel Pretzel (I think that's what it was called). They were too soft, so I would probably shy away from anything with pretzels, unless someone told me it was good. And yes, the glaze! Oh my yummmm.
  • krissyreminisce
    Options
    Just tried Talenti Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, and to be honest, I'm not a huge fan. It has an odd taste to me. :confused:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Just tried Talenti Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, and to be honest, I'm not a huge fan. It has an odd taste to me. :confused:

That seems to be the consensus. I didn't get that or the Oatmeal one because the reviews were abysmal. It's crazy to me that those are the ones they messed up. Seems like it'd be difficult not to get cookie dough right-- it's so simple.
  • krissyreminisce
    Options

That seems to be the consensus. I didn't get that or the Oatmeal one because the reviews were abysmal. It's crazy to me that those are the ones they messed up. Seems like it'd be difficult not to get cookie dough right-- it's so simple.

I'll see if my parents want it. If not, I'm going to trash it. No use wasting the calories on sadly mediocre ice cream.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Did it taste like vanilla extract? That's the taste I got from it. I ate it anyway, because I can't throw food out. I just ate it with tears in my eyes.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Sorry to see Leo's back in jail again. He's such a naughty puppy!

Finished off the peanut butter half baked last night. Wish it wasn't such a calorie bomb, but it's the shiznit.

Gonna have to restock again soon!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Tonight was Ben & Jerry's Fudge Brownie (probably my all-time favorite, I ate a bit more than 1 1/2 servings.... wooooooo calories!!!) followed by 2 S'mores Oreos. Oh my gosh were those good!
  • Francl27
    Options
    I love the s'moreos. I might have bought 5 boxes.
  • krissyreminisce
    Options

Did it taste like vanilla extract? That's the taste I got from it. I ate it anyway, because I can't throw food out. I just ate it with tears in my eyes.

You know what? Yes, yes it did. I couldn't quite put my finger on the taste, but that's it. I'm giving it to my parents. Any other Talenti flavors I should avoid before I waste my money and calories?