Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    We are kicking off a 2 week camping vacation through Colorado, Wyoming, and South Dakota. Will definitely post if we find any great sweet or savory delights!

Have fun!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    We are kicking off a 2 week camping vacation through Colorado, Wyoming, and South Dakota. Will definitely post if we find any great sweet or savory delights!

Steamworks if your in Durango co. The fiery Hawaiian is awesome. Brown sugar for the sauce. With a prescribed burn beer:)
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Tried the Talenti Mediterranean Mint last night and really enjoyed it! I love mint chocolate chip ice cream!

Tonight I'm going to try Graeter's Dark Chocolate Truffle. Yum!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Talenti Hazelnut chocolate chip is yummy. I didn't take pictures because lazy, but it's a hazelnut base with chocolate chips and hazelnut mix-ins.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Talenti Hazelnut chocolate chip is yummy. I didn't take pictures because lazy, but it's a hazelnut base with chocolate chips and hazelnut mix-ins.

It's my favorite!
  • krissyreminisce
    Options
    I wish I liked it more, but maybe because mine didn't have many hazelnuts and the chips were small and underwhelming for me. :confused:

Maybe I was expecting something else. Perhaps I'll give it another try when I'm done trying new flavors.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I wish I liked it more, but maybe because mine didn't have many hazelnuts and the chips were small and underwhelming for me. :confused:

Maybe I was expecting something else. Perhaps I'll give it another try when I'm done trying new flavors.

I felt like mine had a lot of hazelnuts.

Expectations are a lot of it I think-- I was expecting it to not be very good so I was pleasantly surprised. It's not one of my favorites but it's good I think.

But too, we all disagree fairly regularly about which flavors are good and that's fine. Last year everyone was raving about the B&J peanut butter core and I hated it. Plenty of ice cream for everyone to have their favorites. ;)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    BOGO close out sale (not sure why the close out) at local market so I decided to try some Dreyer's (Edy's) Slow Churned instead of picking up some Tillamook. Not sure when I'll get a taste.

705hmvsh07hp.jpg

Purchased these Sunday morning; it's now Tuesday morning and the S'mores flavor is gone, and the Red Velvet almost gone. I guess I'll call that a success on flavors, at least for my kids.

I had about one serving of the S'mores -- good, but didn't blow me away. If anything a bit too marshmallow-y / sweet for me but a clear winner amongst the kids. I've had a little less than one serving of the Red Velvet; fine but again not blown away. Nice initial flavor of cake, but that seemed to fade into something quite a bit less flavorful by the fourth little bite or so. All in all I'd say the slow churned items are OK for a lower calorie treat now and again (but the serving sizes in grams make the calorie counts similar to similar gram-based sized servings of gelatos); I think I'll more often stick to full ice creams and gelatos but will keep an eye out for other interesting flavors.

These are two of my favorite foods/flavors. Have you ever had the Ben & Jerry's red velvet? I really, really liked that one. The red velvet flavor was quite...red velvety. I tend to feel like red velvet flavored stuff just tastes like pink colored chocolate. I can't recall if the B&J had red velvet cake bits or not... I feel like it did.

That was my first red velvet ice cream. And honestly, I never really got into the red velvet cake thing -- but I thought it would be interesting to try.

I really wanted to try the Drumstick flavored one, but one of my kids has a peanut allergy, and while not absolute sticklers about having some in the house, it didn't seem like a good idea (especially since I'd have to listen endlessly about how it wasn't fair that her brother and sister had access to an ice cream she didn't).

I think I am about due to get some more Samoa's flavor ice cream from Breyers.

I can't imagine being allergic to peanuts :frowning:

Haven't had the Samoa's flavor yet. I keep forgetting to get it. Samoa's are my flavorite.

Do you drink coffee? Have you tried the CoffeeMate Samoas flavor? It tastes exactly like Samoas...
    (ETA - the girl scout cookie, not people of Samoan descent)

I totally snorted at that! Those are my favorite GS cookies (sorry Thin Mints).
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    00528cf-orange-creme_1136x800.ashx?mw=530

Absolutely stellar. Nice and creamy and it's not too much on the sherbet.
  • krissyreminisce
    Options

Expectations are a lot of it I think-- I was expecting it to not be very good so I was pleasantly surprised. It's not one of my favorites but it's good I think.

But too, we all disagree fairly regularly about which flavors are good and that's fine. Last year everyone was raving about the B&J peanut butter core and I hated it. Plenty of ice cream for everyone to have their favorites. ;)

I think I wanted a stronger hazelnut flavor. But I agree, there are too many ice creams in the world to argue. :wink:

I've yet to have Ben and Jerry's because I'm still too taken aback by the calories. lol. One day, though.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

I think I wanted a stronger hazelnut flavor. But I agree, there are too many ice creams in the world to argue. :wink:

I've yet to have Ben and Jerry's because I'm still too taken aback by the calories. lol. One day, though.

In general I'm not a B&J girl. There are a few flavors I like and one or two I really love. Phish Food is my favorite of theirs. I like the new chocolate cookie core and the Tonight Dough. But I don't think any of those would crack my top 5 if I'm including all brands.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Tried this last night for something different. I was very happy with it. Nice cinnamon flavor and could even taste that butter/brown sugar flavor that you get with a nice gooey cinnamon roll.

waxz6f12ico4.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Tried this last night for something different. I was very happy with it. Nice cinnamon flavor and could even taste that butter/brown sugar flavor that you get with a nice gooey cinnamon roll.

waxz6f12ico4.jpg

I got the slow churned version and it's good!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Seriously try their Half Baked froyo. It is sooooo good! And the Cherry Garcia, if you like cherry. The Fudge Brownie froyo was good if you put peanut butter on it, I just wasn't a huge fan.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    00528cf-orange-creme_1136x800.ashx?mw=530

Absolutely stellar. Nice and creamy and it's not too much on the sherbet.

I don't think I've seen this one. I'm going to keep an eye out. I've never bought Friendly's, but I've oogled. Ogled? Whatever. :smile:
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

waxz6f12ico4.jpg

Ooh. I might try that out now since I finished off the Red Velvet Cake.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

waxz6f12ico4.jpg

That is one of my favorite Edy's flavors in both the regular & slow churned. Basically I'm a sucker for most cinnamon ice creams.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Seriously try their Half Baked froyo. It is sooooo good! And the Cherry Garcia, if you like cherry. The Fudge Brownie froyo was good if you put peanut butter on it, I just wasn't a huge fan.

A reviewer on www.theimpulsivebuy.com said Wal-Mart's Sam's Choice Cherry ice cream was even better than Ben & Jerry's.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Speaking of Ben and Jerry flavors, their pumpkin cheesecake was pretty good. Not a whole lot of mix ins but it has a nice base.
  • krissyreminisce
    Options

waxz6f12ico4.jpg

I've been hesitant to try Edys simply because of the small serving size. Is that weird?