Replies

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Mine.

462ecaf7-539e-485f-bdcc-024152887154.HR.jpg

They were on sale, I had a coupon, they're new, they're mine. MINE. MINE!!!!!!!

Will be having one for dessert tonight.

These look good. Let us know, lol.

I notice people don't seem to eat that many novelties here. Odd.

I bought a box of 21 Nestle's Drumsticks from Costco a while ago, but didn't post it here. They're long gone and I haven't bought another because they take up so much room in my freezer!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    Mine.

I bought a box of 21 Nestle's Drumsticks from Costco a while ago, but didn't post it here. They're long gone and I haven't bought another because they take up so much room in my freezer!

I love drumsticks! So satisfying, lol.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    Mine.

That's pretty much why I don't buy them very often.

I do love a good chipwich.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    My favorite novelty are the skinny cow salted caramel pretzel bars... we have a box of drumsticks in our freezer now, but I think my kids have polished those off. I like ice cream bars, I just usually think of posting the ice cream flavors more than that novelties.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    BOGO close out sale (not sure why the close out) at local market so I decided to try some Dreyer's (Edy's) Slow Churned instead of picking up some Tillamook. Not sure when I'll get a taste.

705hmvsh07hp.jpg

Purchased these Sunday morning; it's now Tuesday morning and the S'mores flavor is gone, and the Red Velvet almost gone. I guess I'll call that a success on flavors, at least for my kids.

I had about one serving of the S'mores -- good, but didn't blow me away. If anything a bit too marshmallow-y / sweet for me but a clear winner amongst the kids. I've had a little less than one serving of the Red Velvet; fine but again not blown away. Nice initial flavor of cake, but that seemed to fade into something quite a bit less flavorful by the fourth little bite or so. All in all I'd say the slow churned items are OK for a lower calorie treat now and again (but the serving sizes in grams make the calorie counts similar to similar gram-based sized servings of gelatos); I think I'll more often stick to full ice creams and gelatos but will keep an eye out for other interesting flavors.

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    When you have a fever, you're supposed to feed it ice cream, right?

Cause I'm about to eat like 6 pints of ice cream right this minute. :|

Pity party for one, please.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    When you have a fever, you're supposed to feed it ice cream, right?

Cause I'm about to eat like 6 pints of ice cream right this minute. :|

Pity party for one, please.

Yes. And I'm sorry about the fever, that sucks. :( My ice cream of choice when sick is Haagen Dazs mint chip
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    So I actually really like the Oikos frozen yogurt as a topper for brownies etc. It's low calorie (150 for 89 grams) and doesn't have the icy texture or twangy taste that I expected from frozen greek yogurt. I don't think I'd be super impressed with it on its own but it's got nice flavor/texture for fro-yo. I've been putting it on cake/brownies and it's really good that way.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    FInally opened the Caramel Cookie Crunch Talenti this evening. Is it just me, or is the cookie part seriously lacking? I expected more than extra-large crumbs.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    FInally opened the Caramel Cookie Crunch Talenti this evening. Is it just me, or is the cookie part seriously lacking? I expected more than extra-large crumbs.

I've only really read a couple of good reviews of that one. I thought it was just okay.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

I've only really read a couple of good reviews of that one. I thought it was just okay.

I always say that one sounds better than it is...
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Today I bought the Ben & Jerry's Save Our Swirled flavor at Giant (2 for $6.00 or $7.00 forget the actual price) & it was pretty decent. The calories are 250 for 102 grams. You can definitely notice the raspberry swirl & the raspberry ice cream, but it can be overpowering at times & seems to overtake the marshmallow swirl which I didn't notice taste wise. My favorite part of the ice cream where the white & dark chocolate pieces.
  • dragonmaster69
    dragonmaster69 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    BOGO close out sale (not sure why the close out) at local market so I decided to try some Dreyer's (Edy's) Slow Churned instead of picking up some Tillamook. Not sure when I'll get a taste.

705hmvsh07hp.jpg

Purchased these Sunday morning; it's now Tuesday morning and the S'mores flavor is gone, and the Red Velvet almost gone. I guess I'll call that a success on flavors, at least for my kids.

I had about one serving of the S'mores -- good, but didn't blow me away. If anything a bit too marshmallow-y / sweet for me but a clear winner amongst the kids. I've had a little less than one serving of the Red Velvet; fine but again not blown away. Nice initial flavor of cake, but that seemed to fade into something quite a bit less flavorful by the fourth little bite or so. All in all I'd say the slow churned items are OK for a lower calorie treat now and again (but the serving sizes in grams make the calorie counts similar to similar gram-based sized servings of gelatos); I think I'll more often stick to full ice creams and gelatos but will keep an eye out for other interesting flavors.

These are two of my favorite foods/flavors. Have you ever had the Ben & Jerry's red velvet? I really, really liked that one. The red velvet flavor was quite...red velvety. I tend to feel like red velvet flavored stuff just tastes like pink colored chocolate. I can't recall if the B&J had red velvet cake bits or not... I feel like it did.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I think B&J's Half Baked and Cherry Garcia fro-yos are going to be staples in my freezer. I almost got the same Edy's frozen custard that MrM27 got, but I went for the Chocolate Malt instead. It was on sale, so I had to, right? I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Probably over the weekend. I think the only "novelty" I've gotten recently is Snickers ice cream bars. Better than the candy. Yeah, I said it!
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    I think B&J's Half Baked and Cherry Garcia fro-yos are going to be staples in my freezer. I almost got the same Edy's frozen custard that MrM27 got, but I went for the Chocolate Malt instead. It was on sale, so I had to, right? I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Probably over the weekend. I think the only "novelty" I've gotten recently is Snickers ice cream bars. Better than the candy. Yeah, I said it!

Those Snickers ice cream bars are a million times better than just the candy bar. They also don't get stuck in your teeth as badly...

I don't buy a lot of novelties because my husband would eat an entire box in one sitting - I wouldn't get to enjoy one anyway, and then he would yell at me for sabotaging him. :)

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

705hmvsh07hp.jpg

These are two of my favorite foods/flavors. Have you ever had the Ben & Jerry's red velvet? I really, really liked that one. The red velvet flavor was quite...red velvety. I tend to feel like red velvet flavored stuff just tastes like pink colored chocolate. I can't recall if the B&J had red velvet cake bits or not... I feel like it did.

But . . . that's what it is. :laugh:

At least, most modern recipes that don't call for real beet juice are just cocoa and red food coloring.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any good luck finding a GOOD red velvet ice cream. I'm pretty much throwing in the towel on that one. I'll stick to my caramels, chocolates and peanut butters.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I haven't had any good luck finding a GOOD red velvet ice cream. I'm pretty much throwing in the towel on that one. I'll stick to my caramels, chocolates and peanut butters.

I've never tried one that didn't taste like dye. But Mr. Acrylics loves that Edy's one.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

705hmvsh07hp.jpg

That was my first red velvet ice cream. And honestly, I never really got into the red velvet cake thing -- but I thought it would be interesting to try.

I really wanted to try the Drumstick flavored one, but one of my kids has a peanut allergy, and while not absolute sticklers about having some in the house, it didn't seem like a good idea (especially since I'd have to listen endlessly about how it wasn't fair that her brother and sister had access to an ice cream she didn't).

I think I am about due to get some more Samoa's flavor ice cream from Breyers.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Also chiming in with love for the Edys red velvet. I killed the carton last weekend, so I Need to refresh.