NS Food on Review

Options
123457»

Replies

• jrp29646
    jrp29646 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried any of the frozen foods yet. My parents both worked and I grew up on instant mac & cheese - my mom didn't have a lot of time to cook - so the NS mac & cheese is pretty much like that. The only thing I haven't been able to eat so far is the White Chicken Chili, and that was because it was too spicy for me, not because it didn't taste good.
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That's not on the Diabetic plan is it, patty? I couldn't find it on my list of frozen desserts (and with high carb count) so figured it wasn't.

Not sure if it's on the diabetic plan or not --- I wouldn't worry too much about missing it though. I think you could do better. I just got them in the frozen dessert special that they had a couple of weeks ago (wasn't part of a regular plan). I think I must get the special ads because I signed up for that a la carte thing.
  • SillyRabbit65
    SillyRabbit65 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Got my Select 10 Sampler this morning... looking forward to trying a new lunch option!!
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    Got my Select 10 Sampler this morning... looking forward to trying a new lunch option!!

Kewl! I will wait for the review - particular on dinners :)
  • Nene1125
    Nene1125 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all,
    Hope you don't mind me popping in. My new favorite is oatmeal cranberry bites for breakfast. Seems like I get cookies for breakfast!
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    Nene1125 wrote: »
    Hi y'all,
    Hope you don't mind me popping in. My new favorite is oatmeal cranberry bites for breakfast. Seems like I get cookies for breakfast!

Ooo, I haven't had those yet --- I'll have to watch for them. Maybe I'll get some next month :)
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Nene1125 wrote: »
    Hi y'all,

I liked these, too. Not too sweet but nice and chewy so it felt like there was some substance.
  • SillyRabbit65
    Options

Kewl! I will wait for the review - particular on dinners :)

Had the Steak and cheese melt for lunch yesterday... pretty good :smile:
    Had the Ravioli Formaggio for dinner, quite yummy!!
  • SillyRabbit65
    Options
    This morning I tried the Turkey Ham and Cheese Omelet - partly because so many wrote the weren't fans and partly because the sent me4 (yes - FOUR) - 2 as substitutions for the Breakfast Burrito and Garden Veg that were out of stock... Well..... I kinda like the omelet. I've always eaten scrambled eggs and omelets with ketchup or salsa... but I did try the omelet plain - as long as there was filling in the bite, I didn't mind it plain, but I really do like it with salsa!!
  • SillyRabbit65
    Options
    So far: I've tried chicken fajita melt - Yummo!! Sausage and Turkey pizza, pretty good..
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    This week I tried the frozen Beef, cheese and Bean Burrito --- I thought it was pretty darn good! At noon I finally got around to the Chicken Noodle Soup, and tonight I had the meatballs in Marinara sauce and I was happy with those as well. A good week for NS food :)
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I love the chicken noodle soup. When I have class, that's one I put in the lunch crock and plug in one of the rooms. Add veggies and canned chicken to it. The burrito sounds good, too, patty.

I have several different frozen items coming in this next delivery.

I've been adding my reviews here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105887-nutrisystem-food-reviews
  • sznsido
    sznsido Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    This morning I tried the Turkey Ham and Cheese Omelet - partly because so many wrote the weren't fans and partly because the sent me4 (yes - FOUR) - 2 as substitutions for the Breakfast Burrito and Garden Veg that were out of stock... Well..... I kinda like the omelet. I've always eaten scrambled eggs and omelets with ketchup or salsa... but I did try the omelet plain - as long as there was filling in the bite, I didn't mind it plain, but I really do like it with salsa!!

I did mine in the toaster oven and it was much better then the microwave. Y
    They sent me 5!!!
  • SillyRabbit65
    Options
    Been trying some of the frozen items from my 10 day sampler... Canadian ham and egg biscuit = B; Chicken Fajita Melt= A; Southwest Fiesta Melt= B-; French toast - A+; red velvet whoopie pie = B-;Salisbury Steak/mac n cheese = A; Italian Sausage & Turkey Pizza =B; Meatball melt = D (meatmush melt). I have upgrades to Uniquely Yours (Yay Costco Cards!)
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    Good to know, SillyRabbit :)
  • perrychristina97
    perrychristina97 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    sznsido wrote: »

They sent me 5!!!

I have one omlet that has been hanging out in my freezer. I thought it was ok in the microwave, I will try it in the toaster oven. Thanks for the suggestion sznsido!
  • sznsido
    sznsido Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    sznsido wrote: »

They sent me 5!!!

I have one omlet that has been hanging out in my freezer. I thought it was ok in the microwave, I will try it in the toaster oven. Thanks for the suggestion sznsido!

let me know how you like it. I think the stuff tastes much better when it's done in the toaster oven instead of the microwave.