Single according to Meyers Briggs

Options
2»

Replies

• woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    ISFJ

You’re single because: You’re attracted to carefree personalities, who then take the relationship twelve hundred times less seriously than you do.

You’ll get into a relationship when: The ESTP you’ve been pursuing is finally ready to settle down.

bahaha... idk if the person i'm trying to pursue is the estp.. but kind of is, I guess. Other than that, this is pretty spot on. And that is creepy.. but hilarious!
  • lkaoki
    lkaoki Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    INFP

You’re single because: You idealize the crap out of potential partners and then get upset when their reality doesn’t measure up.

You’ll get into a relationship when: You meet someone who also wants the rest of his or her life to resemble a Nicholas Sparks novel.

** yup! thats me! I think I've set my standards too high. :p
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    INTP:
    "You’re single because: You haven’t left your apartment in three months.

You’ll get into a relationship when: You meet someone just like yourself on World of Warcraft."

Any female WoW player here? Kidding. Was funny though.
  • rowyourboat711
    rowyourboat711 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Borderline INTP and ENTP

INTP

You’re single because: You haven’t left your apartment in three months.

You’ll get into a relationship when: You meet someone just like yourself on World of Warcraft.

ENTP

You’re single because: You’re not. You’re probably already in a couple of relationships that you’ve just forgotten about.

You’ll get into a relationship when: Your INFJ wife tracks you down and demands to know where you’ve been for the past six years. TC mark

Bit contradictory... lol
  • Pip_squeak83
    Pip_squeak83 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    erinxo13 wrote: »
    ESFJ

You’re single because: You have a savior complex and keep going for wounded people who can’t properly love you back.

You’ll get into a relationship when: You’re finally attracted to someone who has his or her **** together and doesn’t need to be bullied into a relationship.

Seems legit

Def ready to be attracted to someone who has their stuff together...

Or at least really close to it!!!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    ISFP
    You’re single because: You haven’t found anyone you love more than you love Reality TV.

You’ll get into a relationship when: Someone intrigues you enough to pull you out of your shell and pursue him or her full-force.

Yup...
  • jacoblevorsen
    jacoblevorsen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    INTJ

You’re single because: You over-analyze social interactions to the point where it seems easier to just avoid them altogether.

You’ll get into a relationship when: A hell-bent ENFP follows you around for a long enough period of time that you eventually just accept that you’re dating.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    INTP:
    "You’re single because: You haven’t left your apartment in three months.

You’ll get into a relationship when: You meet someone just like yourself on World of Warcraft."

Any female WoW player here? Kidding. Was funny though.
    I've been reading a lot about Myers-Briggs classification since I stumbled randomly on it through this thread.
    I believe I've typed myself properly and reading more about my type helped me understand much better some of my issues in previous relationships (mainly "emotional communication" issues I had). This has helped me a lot to understand myself better.

I posted this mainly as I thought it was funny to see how sometimes the most significant things (understanding of self) can come from the most insignificant events (this funny post on MFP).

Hopefully I will have better "emotional tools" to deal with my next relationship (and no World of Warcraft isn't part of the solution or the problem).
  • OS_KAT
    OS_KAT Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I love it when seemingly insignificant things happen that end up giving us a better understanding of ourselves -- I have personally always been a fan of the Myers-Briggs personality test, precisely because it has given me the tools I need with which to face who I am. Of course we don't all fit into neat little boxes, but I feel that even with a general knowledge of my strengths and weaknesses, I am much better prepared to fortify my weaknesses and maintain a healthy appreciation for what I already do well. This definitely includes dating ;)
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    "ENFJ

You’re single because: You smothered the crap out of your last partner, who genuinely did not have anything left to “Open up” about.

You’ll get into a relationship when: You go on the Bachelor and win."

...fml. i don't even watch that show! guess i'm screwed :D
  • EmGetsFit
    EmGetsFit Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Haha, this is great!

ENTP:
    You’re single because: You’re not. You’re probably already in a couple of relationships that you’ve just forgotten about.
    You’ll get into a relationship when: Your INFJ wife tracks you down and demands to know where you’ve been for the past six years.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    INFP

You’re single because: You idealize the crap out of potential partners and then get upset when their reality doesn’t measure up.

You’ll get into a relationship when: You meet someone who also wants the rest of his or her life to resemble a Nicholas Sparks novel.

:oB):p:|:/:(:'( <-the stages of denial I just went through, lol
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    ENFP

You’re single because: You have the attention span of a goldfish and cannot decide what you want.

You’ll get into a relationship when: You find someone just unattainable enough to intrigue you for a significant period of time.

Ha that's spot on for me! :D Thanks Kate