Keto with out Dairy

Options
oceanlovesea
oceanlovesea Posts: 3 Member
is anyone dairy free on Keto?? Will you add me to your friend list, and make your diary available please? Thx! e

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I could add you to my friend list. I am dairy free 99.9% of the time. OK, I happened to have had some cheese today. But, I swear I am otherwise normally dairy free. But, I don't typically log anything. So, you won't benefit from them. If I was logging stuff, you wouldn't benefit from it either. Because I am not a good resource for ideas of what to eat. I literally eat the same thing almost every day.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    I could add you to my friend list. I am dairy free 99.9% of the time. OK, I happened to have had some cheese today. But, I swear I am otherwise normally dairy free. But, I don't typically log anything. So, you won't benefit from them. If I was logging stuff, you wouldn't benefit from it either. Because I am not a good resource for ideas of what to eat. I literally eat the same thing almost every day.

@FIT_Goat's log:

Breakfast: meat
    Lunch: meat
    Dinner: meat

:P ;)

I'm not technically dairy free, but neither do I rely on dairy for fats or whatever. Feel free to add me if that's good enough. The dairy I do use can be easily substituted or removed altogether.
  • Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I tend to be mostly dairy free except for the small amount of cream in coffee if coconut cream is unavailable and the occasional whey protein powder I use to make "ice cream". Feel free to friend me!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I was dairy free for a while but sensed an old ulcer might be acting up so I when back to cottage cheese and added heavy whipping cream and I am doing fine. I limit my protein to 80-100 grams most days to better stay in keto.
  • bikerchick2012
    bikerchick2012 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If not for health reasons is there any weight loss benefit is going dairy free?? Just wondering??
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    If not for health reasons is there any weight loss benefit is going dairy free?? Just wondering??

Potentially, yes. Whey protein is highly insulinogenic, which can be a problem for people with insulin resistance. It's also high in IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factor). Many people find that too much dairy causes them to stall out or even gain weight. It can also be easy to overdo just in sheer caloric intake, which can also contribute to stalled weight loss.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Mine is not keto, but I'm currently dairy free and under 50 carbs or so most days. You're welcome to add me.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Fat4Fuel2 wrote: »
    I tend to be mostly dairy free except for the small amount of cream in coffee if coconut cream is unavailable and the occasional whey protein powder I use to make "ice cream". Feel free to friend me!

How do you make ice cream with protein powder out of curiosity?
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    I have been lead to believe that if you have an enlarged prostate there is a benefit to removing dairy from your diet. I have had good results with the elimination of dairy from my diet and find that if I do eat cheese it causes a marked increase in symptoms. So I'm 99% dairy free. Ice cream and butter don't seem to have as noticeable an effect so I do "cheat" occasionally .
  • Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Fat4Fuel2 wrote: »

How do you make ice cream with protein powder out of curiosity?

-1 serving protein powder of choice
    -1 cup almond milk
    -1 tbs coconut oil

Blend in food processor. Add LOTS of ice. Blend again! Very voluminous! Sometimes I add sugar free jello powder or crystal light drink mixes for flavor.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Fvaisey wrote: »
    I have been lead to believe that if you have an enlarged prostate there is a benefit to removing dairy from your diet. I have had good results with the elimination of dairy from my diet and find that if I do eat cheese it causes a marked increase in symptoms. So I'm 99% dairy free. Ice cream and butter don't seem to have as noticeable an effect so I do "cheat" occasionally .

Thanks because I need to check that info out. I was dairy free at first and saw an improvement in that department but have lost ground over the last few months. Thought it may have been a supplement that I added. Thanks again because this is of concern to me.

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I think dairy-free keto might be my version of a "magic bullet" for health & longevity.