Lik Minded Lushes June 2015

Options
rjadams
rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
Wow can you believe it is June already? BBQs and summer fun and lots of icy cold beverage temptations.

My husband bought me roses, a mushy card and a bottle of Zaya for my birthday. He tried but it wasn't quite the lavishness I thought I deserved after he forgot and all. As I was out to dinner on Friday with a friend I looked at my driver's license and realized it expired on Wednesday. Oh no!

Yesterday lunch with my dad was nice and I finished off the day with greyhounds. So now that it is June I really need to get my act together. I have a lot of work to do before my high schools "Decade of the 70's" Reunion. (we are having it in Vegas 'cuz no one who left Barstow really wants to go back to Barstow)

Happy June dear Lushes!

Replies

• ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Yay for summer getting here finally!! 8 or 9 more weeks and I will be back to lushing it up! Well kinda, I will be breastfeeding and have a crazy toddler to chase, but I sure am looking forward to some cocktails and warm weather!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I was moderately lushy this weekend....

Friday I stopped for wine and got this amazing Austrian bottle. Not only was it great, it's a liter bottle! So about 25% more than your regular bottle. And the lid is a beer cap style, insinuating one should drink the whole thing....which we did. So probably 3 glasses of wine, then Eric went to our neighbor's and neighbor wife came over. We sat on the deck and I had a beer and about 1.5 cocktails of sweet tea vodka and Mike's hard lemonade mango.

Saturday we went to our new pool for the first time. We ended up getting stuck in the rain on the way home, so stopped at BIL's and had some snacks and a couple drinks there. Then had a small glass of wine once we got home, met BIL for a later than normal dinner at the Mexican place. Had one margarita there, but they are strong. I had about 2 more glasses of wine and a cider once we got home, but felt more tired than buzzed by the time I decided to go to bed around 12:30. And our daughter woke up at 6:30 both mornings this weekend.... So I'm a little tired today, but not terrible.

Yesterday I had about 3 ounces of leftover wine and a sweet tea vodka and raspberry seltzer.

I plan on a 0 tonight and tomorrow. Wednesday I'm watching Grey's with my friend so will most likely have some wine. I'm going to try to behave Thursday and Friday and we have a surprise 40th birthday party out of town Saturday. We'll have our kids in tow at someone else's house, so I need to behave then too.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    No luck on the zeros but I am doing well on the daily calorie goals. Working out regularly etc. Hope all is going well with you all!
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Had a pretty lushy weekend...which will be the case for the next 3 weekends coming up which I'll be going out of town. June will be exhausting!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I drank an entire bottle of wine Friday after some not great news at the Dr's. Shoulder on total rest for the time being. MRI in the next week or so. Surgery probable.
    moderated Saturday and Sunday.
    starting my new mostly cardio routine today and forcing a positive attitude! :p I'm sure there will be wine. Need to get back to the healthy eating as well.
    the son will be home in 1 week!
    Happy June lushes :drinker:
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Sydney! Hang in there and keep us posted.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Sorry Syd. :(

I got a 0!
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Syd, I'm sorry to hear that! :( Yay for your son coming home in 1 week! That's exciting!

Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - will be 0

Going for 0's until Friday....let's see if I can do it!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    had 3 vodka cranberry last night and 1 Zaya on the rocks. I was upset because I had just learned that my second husband was diagnosed with the same cancer that took his mom. He may my ex husband but that doesn't mean I don't still love him. I just couldn't live with him.

Sorry to hear about the shoulder Syd.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your shoulder Syd and sorry to hear about your ex husband Mama Lush :(

We got back from vacation on Saturday, yesterday and today have been cool and rainy which kills my energy. Didn't end up working out on vacation but I'm back at it now. Will probably just do the bike this week then get back to P90X next week.

Had wine last night, not sure about tonight but I plan on being good with food so I see no problem with having wine.

Over vacation I started watching Grey's Anatomy from the beginning after catching a few episodes after How I Met You Mother in the afternoons, I'm hooked. I got to the 3rd season in vacation because after husband would fall asleep I would sip some wine and watch until 2am. Think I'll just watch some more today and snuggle with the pups since the weather is crap.

Good luck to those going for 0's and cheers to those indulging like me :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Cancer sucks...I'm sorry Robin :(

Thanks everyone..I've decided I was even getting annoyed with my bitching about the shoulder..so time to move on. Had a great cardio workout yesterday...2 glasses of wine. Probably something similar today. Booking some summer vacations so that's always fun. I seriously cannot believe it's June.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I love Grey's Kat! I have been watching it since the beginning and still get together with one of my besties every few weeks to watch it. (Actually doing it tomorrow night!) When we were both single without responsibility, we'd get together to watch it, have dinner first - which generally included at least 3 drinks - then we'd try to watch an episode, but would end up pausing it, talking, going to smoke, and eventually getting so drunk we'd forget what happened. :drinker: We do a little better these days.

Sorry about your ex Mama Lush. :flowerforyou:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Mon - 3 beers
    Team loss
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    bumping thread...need to catch up....hopefully tomorrow :kissing_heart:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    2 glasses of wine and a (totally unnecessary) whiskey and d-coke. I'm going for a 0 tonight.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Grey's anatomy, kind of a funny story for me, cuz I used to watch something that came on before it, then I would go upstairs and call my mom Sunday nights and Mike started watching Grey's and sometimes I wouldn't get ahold of mom, so I got hooked and then I kept watching after Mike was like, this is f'in ridiculous and eventually, I couldn't stand anyone on the show and stopped watching, and I can't believe it is still going! It has evolved a lot since the beginning. Is meredith the only character that started on the show?
    I got caught up on my trash tv-Arranged and Married at First Site. I also threw in a couple of Interventions. That show is like an abusive relationship, it is so sad, and makes me cry and often does not have a happy ending but when they have a success and you see the person transform from the meth/heroin/crack addict, it's like worth all of it and I keep watching, hoping for that...
    My first June check-in. Weekend was lushy.
    Friday=3 drinks
    Saturday=2 beer-mosa (beer and orange juice), 3 regular beers
    Sunday=2 beers
    Monday=2 beers, but I accidentally got the 16 oz cans! ha.
    Tuesday=0 drinks

Going out for mexican food tonight and there will be margs!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Been consistent with cocktails...almost all settled in to the new office space. Hoping to get back on track next week....this week is SHOT :wink:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Wed - 8 beers
    Team win.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Nicely done zip! :drinker:
    I got in a 0 last night. Wine probable tonight.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Amy, I can't divulge who is left since Kat is only on season 3. :) I LOVE Intervention! I used to often watch it and drink a bottle of wine when I was living alone. It is sad, but I am so hooked on the show. Maybe I need an intervention. :)

Speaking of drinking a bottle of wine....

Mon - 0
    Tues - we decided to go out for pizza, so I had a glass of wine and 12oz of Oberon. I made a cocktail when I got home but feel asleep no even halfway into it.
    Wed - dirty martini, 3 big glasses of wine....or 4 small ones..., cider. I was hangin a little during my 3 hour meeting this morning. Now I'm just sleepy and non motivated.

Tonight will be a 0.