FIVE Days

Options
Twibbly
Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
edited June 2015 in Social Groups
Baby steps, right?

I've actually managed to stick to my guns for 5 days with most days carbs under 50 and only one with carbs high, but still under 100. I haven't broken down for Fritos and bean dip, and I haven't eaten too terribly much of the things that hate me (gluten, almonds, dairy, corn, sugar, fake sugar, eggs, etc.).

Results:
  • Down 6.6 pounds
  • Stomach is not as bloated
  • My digestive system isn't constantly cranky (although it has had its moments)
  • My wrists don't hurt
  • The constant ringing/itching in my ears is less
  • I have more energy (as in, I went for a walk in the park and boxed up another box of books to get rid of yesterday)
  • My muscles aren't aching
  • I'm not freezing all the time (just part of the time)
  • Depression/anxiety is lifting more and more

Hoping for:
  • Brain fog to clear
  • Cravings to go away (peanut butter helps)
  • Ears to clear up completely
  • Depression/anxiety to freakin' go away.
  • Digestive system to love me back.
  • Further fat loss
  • More muscles (I randomly weight lift or do exercise programs, need to get more consistent)
  • Shoulders to quit hurting

We're talking about me taking a massage course in the fall (full-time college courses, including Anatomy & Physiology). If my brain and joints are cooperating, it makes my chances of success much, much higher.

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @Twibbly! I'm so happy to hear about your successful five days! Keep it up because it only gets better! Isn't it amazing what five days can do?!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!

You're getting rid of BOOKS? Blasphemy!
  • azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am so very happy for you! Success like that is such an amazing motivator. Great job!
  • Twibbly
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    Awesome progress!

Yeah, I know...these are mostly ones that are either cookbooks that I'll never end up using (no, I really don't need the one from Imperial Sugar), ones that have duplicated information, or ones I have on Kindle and don't feel the need to keep hard copies of. Some books will go to friends who home school, the rest will go to Friends of the Library.
  • Twibbly
    Options
    Thanks, y'all. I figured that if I started writing out results, I'd be more likely to stick to it instead of eating crap that makes my wrists hurt and digestion cranky. :wink:
  • tishball
    tishball Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Wow you have a great loss for five days, well done.
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    Awesome progress!

Yeah, I know...these are mostly ones that are either cookbooks that I'll never end up using (no, I really don't need the one from Imperial Sugar), ones that have duplicated information, or ones I have on Kindle and don't feel the need to keep hard copies of. Some books will go to friends who home school, the rest will go to Friends of the Library.

Whew! I was scared for a minute there. No, you don't need the one from Imperial Sugar. :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep it up... Definitely agree that writing out the good progress notes helps a bunch!
  • InADarkRoom
    InADarkRoom Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Awesome! This is motivation for me too so it must be effing brilliant for you! I also suffer with depression and am hoping that this WOE will help ease the symptoms.

Great job - keep it going :smile:
  • Twibbly
    Options
    I almost got Fritos yesterday. Then, I realized that before dinner, I was still under 500 calories! No wonder I was exhausted and didn't want to cook. Ate steak and green beans, didn't want Fritos anymore! I think I need to make lunch my bigger meal of the day, especially since I can batch cook stir fry, taco meat, roast, or barbecue for me (my husband won't eat any of those). I think I might also be low on salt. I barely salt my food, but I do salt my water. Took a salt capsule this morning, will add more to my water, and take another tonight.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I keep sleeping in and having a lower fat breakfast than I'd have if I had time to cook, and I definitely am feeling the cravings by dinner.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy that you're back and doing so well! Write things down and put it on the fridge!! :)
  • AreteAndWhimsy
    AreteAndWhimsy Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Those are such great wins! You're doing wonderfully!
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! I am hoping to achieve similar.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    that's a great loss - well done! the fewer carbs you have the less you want them is my experience too.
  • Twibbly
    Options
    I'm up to 7 days behaving now...and STILL haven't managed to get lunches figured out. :tongue:

I think I might need to just add coconut oil to my stir fry when I heat it up.
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »
    I'm up to 7 days behaving now...and STILL haven't managed to get lunches figured out. :tongue:

I think I might need to just add coconut oil to my stir fry when I heat it up.

I add butter to almost everything when I reheat it. :)
  • Twibbly
    Options
    Woohoo! Finally found how to reset my "streak" to the number of days I've been behaving. Maybe THAT will also help inspire me to behave.

(https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request if anyone else wants to reset theirs)
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I like to make chicken salad (I enjoy tuna salad but hate making it, so sometimes I get some from the deli). Eat it with a spoon!

Can you have mayo?