Fall '15 babies

Replies

• JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Pretty at all = prenatal

that's autocorrect for you. Lol
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    I was so lucky last time and didn't get any stretch marks. But bet this time is a diff story !!

• RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    5 lb gain this week. My belly has really jumped out. I look like I should be at term already. Other friends around the same due date are just barely showing. Oh well, it is what it is. Looking like the largest person not having twins.
  • helenmelon29
    You can't do anything about the size of ur bump - think they grow at diff stages. I've jumped out a bit at the mo too. Least u look pregnant and not a bit fat! Lol x
  • RosieRaz
    Very true. Thanks!
  • KristenE83
    KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
    Belly Bra/Band update: It really helped a ton!!! I spend an hour with my trainer doing various things and there was only 1 thing I felt a pull/pain with.... and it wasn't even that serious. I still have to try running (jogging? lol) with it but at least I now I can comfortably work out!

@RosieRaz I am only 1 day ahead of you (my 19 weeks was yesterday) and I have twins and you definitely popped further than me! (so cute lol) I'm sure I will catch up at some point though!!!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    I've gained 2 lbs this week. Highest jump yet... I've popped a bit but it looks more like fat than baby so I'm finding myself sucking my stomach in still at 19 weeks. Can't wit to actually look pregnant.

I'm also not feeling much kicking and the kicks I am feeling could be gas too I guess... my ultrasound is on Monday so hopefully that will put my kind at ease.
  • nwright612
    nwright612 Posts: 974 Member
    I guess I'm kinda jumping in late, but I'm just now joining the group. I'm about 18 weeks with my first; due date October 28th or so. Have a doctor's appointment in just over a week to find out if it's a boy or girl, so that's definitely exciting. :D Like many of you, hoping to use MFP to make sure I'm eating healthily and getting the nutrients I need, as well askeep the weight gain reasonable (and to keep good habits for later on. ;) )

Thankfully, I didn't really have much morning sickness (or any other symptoms), but I've only gained 2-3 pounds (and don't have much of a baby bump yet). I'm not worrying about it too much just yet; I've heard the munchies should start pretty soon, so I'm sure the weight'll come soon enough.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Welcome nwright and congratulations! :) I'm due around the same time as you (Oct 23).

I get to find out this coming week if baby is a boy or girl! :) so excited.

In other news, I've gained 6 lbs in the past two weeks. Any thoughts on trying to maintain for a couple weeks or should I just write it off and try to scale it back a bit? For my starting weight I should gain between .5 and .75 lbs per week at this point in pregnancy. I feel like it all went to my arms
  • helenmelon29
    Congrats nwright. Welcome to group.

I'm up 14lb at 24 weeks. I'm trying to maintain a little too but think if im gonna gain I will! I'm weighing once a month and trying to exercise etc. hopefully it will level out.

My next appointment is with consultant in 2 weeks to discuss whether we go for repeat c section or natural. Think be natural route tho. Then with midwife at 28 weeks for bloods etc.

Hope everyone having nice weekend
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    @RosieRaz, I went to a party at 20 weeks and everyone was commenting that my belly looked bigger than my friend's, and she's 6 weeks ahead of me. But I think it was mostly because I am carrying high and out in front, and she's carrying low and wide, more in her hips.
  • KatyAverill
    KatyAverill Posts: 166 Member
    edited June 2015
    Hi Everyone! I just joined the group! I have PCOS and after over 9 months of TTC, lots of prayer, and a round of clomid, I'm so excited to be a mom! I'm due on November 7, 2015! On June 22nd we'll find out if it's a girl or a boy! :) I'm currently a first grade teacher, but I plan to be a stay-at-home mom once our baby is born. Pre-baby I did a lot of running (half marathons were my favorite) and I plan to get back into it once the baby is here. Unfortunately I haven't been active at all since becoming pregnant (and a few months before that due to a hectic work schedule). I'm really happy that the nausea is gone now that I'm in the second trimester-I had all day nausea and couldn't keep anything down during the first trimester! Now that it's the last week of school I'm making it more of a priority to walk, swim, and do prenatal yoga. I'm back to using MFP to make sure I'm eating enough and getting all of the necessary nutrients.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    @ summer8it I guess that's proof that perception is everything, eh? Not exactly what a pregnant woman wants to hear though. ...

@KatyAverill welcome to the group and congratulations! :) I'm due October 23rd. :)
  • summer8it
    Welcome, nwright and KatyAverill!

27 weeks tomorrow, and finally I'm starting to make some progress on getting ready for the baby. Today I dealt with some medical stuff -- I applied to get a free breast pump through my health insurance, and I also emailed my family doctor to see if she treats newborns or if she has recommendations of pediatricians. Tomorrow is the glucose tolerance test.

I think I overdid it yesterday with errands, cleaning, moving furniture, etc., and I had a LOT of Braxton-Hicks contractions all evening. Annoying.
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    I've been a bit quiet, but hello to all the new folks!

I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow. My gender scan is scheduled for the 17th (so excited)! But I'm still super exhausted and my weight gain appears to be in full swing. I may just be holding on to water, but I didn't gain anything in the first trimester, and now I appear to be up 5 pounds since last week (about +6 pounds in the last two weeks). My eating has been a bit out of control, though, so maybe I can just try to be more watchful. With my starting BMI, the doctors think I should try to gain 11-20lbs, and I thought I was doing well but now I'm nervous. :p

Need to still try to get better at exercising. Some weeks I do relatively well, and then I seem to be unable to do anything for many weeks before I can encourage myself to do something. It's funny - the motivation of trying to get healthy to conceive was a very strong force in me losing weight, but now that I'm pregnant, I appear to be unable to motivate myself to do anything. Silly brain, stop making excuses!
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    I'm struggling with my exercise all of a sudden. It's a busy time of year in a busy household and I just don't have the right motivation to make it fit I guess. I'm on track for another 50 pound pregnancy and that bums me out as well. I'm certain I could eat better, but snacks and no exercise is going to do me in faster!

Otherwise feeling good, 24 weeks 4 days. Rash is almost gone. I'm so happy for that. And Hubby bought an ac unit so hopefully I can sleep better, I'm so hot at night already. I'm tired all the time, and some serious hours at night will be so nice! I seriously feel like I could nap at any moment, and I've never been a napper!

Lots of movement, hubby and kids can feel it from the outside so that's been fun. Got down their nb and 0-3 bins their other day. Just rooted thru the boxes, didn't go thru it all... but man did that have me excited. I forgot how much cute stuff we have!

I have a routine visit friday.
  • summer8it
    I had my glucose tolerance test yesterday, the 1 hour version, and I think I'm suffering digestive consequences from the nasty glucose drink. I felt sick as I was driving home yesterday, and was sick again this morning. It felt a bit like the illness I get from consuming dairy. Blech. Let's hope that's over and done with, and that I get good results so that I don't have to do the torturous 3 hour fasting version of the test!
  • RosieRaz
    So exciting for those that can have others share the baby movements! I just started feeling little movements that I know are not gas. :smile: Good to know about the belly band and glad that helps. Has anyone tried the belly bandit or similar product? Glucose testing...eck. Haven't had to do that yet...so looking forward to that! Hope you feel better Summer. :neutral:
  • helenmelon29
    Morning all.

Poke- so glad your rash/ itch is a lot better. I need to sort through our clothes but we have boy stuff and this one a girl. The vests and a lot of new born will be ok as it was mostly white.

I'm not sleeping as well either. Isaac usually wakes for a drink but is asleep within a few minutes afterwards and usually I just go back to sleep too but finding it harder to fall back asleep. Last night he didn't wake so was ok.

Rosie- it's exciting and reassuring too. I can only just feel movement from outside (25 weeks now). So won't be long until it's bouncing my belly about tho. Have been able to feel inside since about 16/18 weeks. With Isaac it was defo after 20 weeks tho.

Summer- hope ur glucose test results are ok. How you feeling today? Did you start your registry list?

Sarieth- glad u are doing ok. Think you done brilliant re weight. Prob just a growth spurt and will settle again.

We been thinking of names and my OH likes Clara which is my grandma name. We pronounce it Klar -rah here in UK think in US it's Clair- a. (Prob just the accent difference tho). I'm not sure on it but don't mind it. My grandma doesn't actually like it tho ! Lol. We did like Hannah if Isaac was going to be a girl but I'm not sure on that one now (it's both my great grandma names). I like a family name if we can.

Today Isaac goes to school for first taster session. (1.5 hours). He starts in September as he turns 3. He will go 3 hours per day. I go with him today and each Thursday afternoon for 5 weeks. He is excited so I'm pleased. He used to going to a childminders so hopefully this be ok too.

This morning we are doing jobs at home and think going to buy a balance bike with some Xmas money Isaac has as he wants one and his birthday August but think better getting now at beginning of summer.

Right best get going.
    Bye for now

• summer8it
    Ugh ugh ugh. I failed my glucose tolerance screening by ONE POINT. The level needed to be under 140, and I scored 140 exactly. So now I have to do the three hour test, and the earliest I could schedule it was for next Thursday. Before that, they would only give me afternoon appointments, and since you have to fast for 8-10 hours beforehand... no. It'll be bad enough to have to not eat anything from the night before until noon, after the test.

I'll do whatever I need to do to keep my baby healthy and give myself the best shot at an easy, natural delivery, but I am NOT HAPPY about this.