April/May Starters

Options
2»

Replies

• Terri70
    Terri70 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    The appt went well. A lot of useful info! BUT the best part was weighing in! I am DOWN 3 lbs this week! YAY me! lol I hope everyone has a great day too!
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Excellent, Terri. Great job.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Terri70 wrote: »
    Thank you all. Now I just need to figure out why my toes are numb all the time. Went and had a pedicure last night and when I went to put my feet in the water I about died. The water hurt my feet because it was too hot on my numb toes. Doesn't do that in the shower. But then again I don't take a super hot shower. This all just started about 2 or 3 months ago. And dumby me forgot to mention it to the doctor when I was just there. Will probably go to my podiatrist. I figure he would know more than a general family doctor.

Today is going well. I have a 12:30 appt with a dietician to go over everything so I'm pretty stoked.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi Terri
    Visit this thread as was mentioned.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10145220/diabetic-chat-group-april-2015/p1

I would go talk to Your Doctor again.
    I set the most interesting part in Bold below
    I'm not trying to scare You, even if it seems that way. Especially as I could be way wrong. I get that numbness if I stand Barefoot on a hard surface so I wear Socks and Moccasins or shoes when I am up now and that works, except in the shower, Can't wear them there :) I got that from the Diabetic chat threads over on the NutriSystem forum.

It sounds like early Days and should respond to treatment, From here:
    http://www.webmd.com/diabetes/diabetes-neuropathy
    What Is Diabetic Neuropathy?
    Peripheral Neuropathy

This type usually affects the feet and legs. Rare cases affect the arms, abdomen, and back.
    Symptoms include:
    Tingling
    Numbness (which may become permanent)
    Burning (especially in the evening)
    Pain

Early symptoms usually get better when your blood sugar is under control. There are medications to help manage the discomfort.

What you should do:

Check your feet and legs daily.
    Use lotion on your feet if they're dry.
    Take care of your toenails. Ask your doctor if you should go to a podiatrist.
    Wear shoes that fit well. Wear them all the time, so your feet don't get injured.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Terri70
    Options
    Roger.... Thanks. I'll look into it. Better to be safe than sorry, right!?

Today is Staff Appreciation day at my University and I got picked to receive a 15 minute (which ended up being 20) massage. YAY! I had them do my feet and knees and it felt great!! lol They also do lunch for us. I got in the vegetarian line. Got a helping of fruit, cole slaw (I know bad!) and a veggie burger. All in all it was pretty good. I'm proud that I didn't go for the regular burgers, hot dogs, chips, cake and ice cream like everyone else. Yay me!

Have a great day today y'all!
  • RogerToo
    Options

Today is Staff Appreciation day at my University and I got picked to receive a 15 minute (which ended up being 20) massage. YAY! I had them do my feet and knees and it felt great!! lol They also do lunch for us. I got in the vegetarian line. Got a helping of fruit, cole slaw (I know bad!) and a veggie burger. All in all it was pretty good. I'm proud that I didn't go for the regular burgers, hot dogs, chips, cake and ice cream like everyone else. Yay me!

Hi Terri
    I was afraid I might scare you or cause a sleepless night for something temporary. As You say better safe than sorry. Good Luck

Congratulations on Your prize, ColeSlaw? Was it it tasty? I have had some that was good and some that was pretty bad. Best is a Small Deli and sandwiches near me where he makes all the salads and Roasts his own Beef and Turkey.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem
    :)
    88672520.png
  • Terri70
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »

Hi Terri
    I was afraid I might scare you or cause a sleepless night for something temporary. As You say better safe than sorry. Good Luck

Congratulations on Your prize, ColeSlaw? Was it it tasty? I have had some that was good and some that was pretty bad. Best is a Small Deli and sandwiches near me where he makes all the salads and Roasts his own Beef and Turkey.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem
    :)
    88672520.png

No! lol I think I took about 5 small bites and then threw it out. Didn't like it all!

Woke up with another migraine today so my day started late again. I have more problems than anyone I know! lol If it ain't one thing it's another. :smiley:

Have a great day, everyone!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    No! lol I think I took about 5 small bites and then threw it out. Didn't like it all!

Woke up with another migraine today so my day started late again. I have more problems than anyone I know! lol If it ain't one thing it's another. :smiley:

Have a great day, everyone!

Hi Terri
    I have noticed that my tastes in foods have changed since starting NutriSystem.

I have to wonder if there was something in one of those foods that triggered the Migraine?

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Terri70
    Options
    That very well could've been it. But I think it's more than likely due to the weather we're having right now and allergies. I'm prone to migraines. Been to the doc several times for them and they can't figure out what is causing them. But knowing my history with them, I know that I get them more when it's bad weather or when allergy season is upon my area. Bleh! Thankfully my work is understanding when it comes to me and my migraines. At least so far they have been. lol
  • Terri70
    Options
    Down 12 lbs in 1 month! Yay me! This thread is all but dead, huh?
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Terri
    It does seem a little slow! :)

Congratulations on You loss!

Have a Good Week
    Roger
  • jenjen047
    jenjen047 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I am just starting NS today, though I did it back in 2012 and lost 25 pounds (hit my goal). In the last year those pounds have crept back so re-starting today to lose another 25-30. This is my first time doing the Fast 5 as they didn't have it last time I was on NS. Did anyone here do the Fast 5? How was it?
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Oh, how wonderful, Terri. Great job. :)
  • balm1982
    balm1982 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ug! So my order is suppose to be finalized today and completed and all that jazz tomorrow. I've been trying to get on to make sure it has everything I want and I can't even get on it! It's still suppose to go through the old site till June 22th but I can't even get onto my account information. I tried started NuMi but I'm assuming I have to get them to update and link things with my old info. So now I'll have no clue what's going on with my order till I guess after it ships. . . hopefully it's going to the right address as I am gone for the summer and have it going to my summer place. I emailed yesterday and still nothing.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Balm
    Two Points
    1. You can always call Customer service @ Sales 1-800-435-4074 or Customer Service 1-800-585-5483
    2. The tracking tools are going away, not the Manage my order function as I understand it. You can check that when You call. Do not forget to call before 6PM.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Lisa_in_Arlington
    Lisa_in_Arlington Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to the NutriSystem site in WEEKS. Thankfully I have enough food to last me almost until the end of the summer. I'm not looking forward to having to order again. It sounds like a nightmare. I'm glad they delayed my shipping for me. B)

52750196.png
  • balm1982
    balm1982 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well, the good news is that my order went through and it's going to the right address. Before my next order though I need to either call or their website better be working.

We don't have NuMi for phones yet here in Canada so hopefully they get that working too before the 22th.

In other news in my order is my next NuMi bear! I just hit 20lbs down last week and now am at 22lbs down! Moving towards that 30!

Happy Friday everyone!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    balm1982 wrote: »
    Well, the good news is that my order went through and it's going to the right address. Before my next order though I need to either call or their website better be working.

We don't have NuMi for phones yet here in Canada so hopefully they get that working too before the 22th.

In other news in my order is my next NuMi bear! I just hit 20lbs down last week and now am at 22lbs down! Moving towards that 30!

Happy Friday everyone!

Hi Balm
    Congratulations on the lost weight.

You do not need a SmartPhone for NuMi, Just use the computer.

The Website works for me for ordering and all that. Still somewhat slow, however the changes they made recently as regards adding and subtracting items does make it easier. I wonder if it will get faster once they drop the logging functions from it?

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Congratulations, balm, on the 22 pounds. :):) And, your 20 pound Bear. I hope mine arrives tomorrow with my order.

88492762.png s9qhza68u7ed.gif

f.gifl.gifo.gif