Today's WOD

Options

Replies

• paultassy
    paultassy Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    When you look at the crazy scoring breakdown I think my coaches are trying to test our math skills more than anything. 36 Minute AMRAP

0:00 – 9:00

3:00 of Snatch 115/75

Run 400m

9:00 – 18:00

3:00 of Clean & Jerk 115/75

Run 400m

18:00 – 27:00

3:00 of Deadlifts 115/75

Run 400m

27:00 – 36:00

3:00 of Half Burpees

Run 400m

*Scoring: Count your reps for each movement. Note the time it takes you for each run. Subtract that time from 6 minutes. Convert that time into seconds. Divide that number by 10. Add that number to your reps. Example would be 30 Snatches and 2 minutes to run the first 400 meters. 6:00 minus 2:00 is 4 minutes, or 240 seconds. Divide by 10 is 24. So add 30 + 24 = 54 for the first round.

Math gives me diarrhea. I wouldn't be able to figure this out. I'd have someone else more mathy to do it. Then when they need a term paper written or an IV started, I'd pay them back.
  • bethlivi
    bethlivi Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yay Fran! You can do it!! :-)
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    When you look at the crazy scoring breakdown I think my coaches are trying to test our math skills more than anything. 36 Minute AMRAP

0:00 – 9:00

3:00 of Snatch 115/75

Run 400m

9:00 – 18:00

3:00 of Clean & Jerk 115/75

Run 400m

18:00 – 27:00

3:00 of Deadlifts 115/75

Run 400m

27:00 – 36:00

3:00 of Half Burpees

Run 400m

*Scoring: Count your reps for each movement. Note the time it takes you for each run. Subtract that time from 6 minutes. Convert that time into seconds. Divide that number by 10. Add that number to your reps. Example would be 30 Snatches and 2 minutes to run the first 400 meters. 6:00 minus 2:00 is 4 minutes, or 240 seconds. Divide by 10 is 24. So add 30 + 24 = 54 for the first round.

Since I go to the 5am class and I’m not into math at that hour, I’m not going to score very well. What is a half-burpee?

At 5 AM i'm not into anything except sleeping. It's the first part of the burpee, the jump out without the push-up. We don't ever really do half burpees so I was surprised to see it in the WOD but then again I was surprised to see everything in this weird WOD.

I was wrong on the half burpee by the way. It's the opposite of what I wrote, you keep your hands on the ground the whole time, jump out, do the push-up and jump back in, then jump right back out, do the pushup jump back in etc. They seemed worse than regular burpees to me.
  • Keladelphia
    Options
    Today's

Overhead Squats 5,5,5,5,5

THEN

100 Overhead Squats for time 95/65 with penalty*

*For every drop, do 25 Lateral Barbell Jumps

The last wod of yesterdays three hour class (in case anyone is looking for one that makes you feel like your going to puke...you're welcome)

99 problems but a Run aint one

One partner has to hold 25# plate overhead while one partner works (2's or 3's) 45# for men

99 deadlifts at 95#
    Run 200 meters
    99 box jumps
    Run 200 meters
    99 kb swings 16KG
    Run 200 meters
    99 situps
    Run 200 meters
    99 thrusters 45#
    Run 200 meters
    99 pull-ups
    Run 200 meters
    99 wall balls 14#
    Run 200 meters
    99 burpees
    Run 200 meters
    99 double unders
  • mccraee
    mccraee Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Lots of gardening this weekend including hauling buckets of mulch. Thanks to crossfit I'm pretty self sufficient at 50+ years old

This morning was

skill back squats!

WOD 15-12-9
    clean squat
    burpees

I'm on liquid diet for some medical procedure this week so not a lot of get up and go this morning.
  • bethlivi
    Options
    Clean complex: 1 full squat clean, 1 hang squat clean. EOMOM for 10 minutes. I hit 130# for the double.

WOD: 3 squat cleans (205/135--I scaled to 115), 5/10/15/20/... box jump overs. So always 3 cleans, progress on the box jump overs. 8 minute AMRAP. I did 4+20. My friend who is over 6' tall, she stepped over the 20" box. It was hilarious. She was just stepping over it over and over. lol It counts...she traversed the box after all. :-)
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    We are starting out Paleo challenge today, this is one of our test workouts that we will retest at the end of the challenge.

DT Burnout:

3 rounds for time

12 Deadlifts

9 Hang Power Cleans

6 Jerks.

155/105. I might scale to 135 as 155 is about 80% of my 1RM hang power clean.
  • bostonwolf
    Options

At 5 AM i'm not into anything except sleeping. It's the first part of the burpee, the jump out without the push-up. We don't ever really do half burpees so I was surprised to see it in the WOD but then again I was surprised to see everything in this weird WOD.

You and be both, sister. I can do it on occassion and for a reason, but never by choice.
  • Keladelphia
    Options
    bostonwolf wrote: »

You and be both, sister. I can do it on occassion and for a reason, but never by choice.

Ha-Ha, I'll do it for work but NEVER for the gym. I'd have a terrible workout anyway even if I tried.

Up today

100 Strict Pull-Ups in as few sets as possible

THEN

10 rounds for time:

15 Deadlifts 135/95#

15 Push-Ups

• bostonwolf
    Options
    History repeats itself. Last time I did a Paleo challenge I tweaked something in my left calf doing the first test workout. Same thing last night. Didn't even really feel it until I got home and cooled down.

Going to go do some flossing and mobility tonight and some light cardio (rowing/elliptical) just to get a sweat going and then hit the second test WOD on Wednesday...which is going to involve running of some sort because it was postponed today (rain)
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options

Since I go to the 5am class and I’m not into math at that hour, I’m not going to score very well. What is a half-burpee?
    [/quote]
    This would be beyond me even if I went to the avo class, but since I go to the 5.45am class I wouldn't even bother scoring myself
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Second day of testing for the start of our challenge.

Max handstand hold (I will sub in max plank hold)

Then:

"Sprints"

4 Rounds, starting at 0-6-12-18 minute marks:

400 m Run

12 Front Squats (115/75)

20 m Burpee Broad Jump

Since my knees have been giving me constant problems I will sub in a 500m row for each round instead of a run.
  • mccraee
    Options
    This morning was:

skill weighted pullups & lateral ring rests (think plank position on really low rings)

WOD
    5 rounds
    burpees
    20 wallballs
    30 DUs
    burpees
    10 pullups

We did it as a class rotation (you did burpees until the DU's were done).

I have not got a lot of energy since I was eating only liquids for almost 2 days. If you are 50 years old, get your colonoscopy. If you are 45 with a family history, get yourself in there. Otherwise, you might be getting multiple colonoscopies (or worse).
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    This morning:
    Run
    Front squats (how I love theeee) and that hand roller thingie

WOD:
    500m row
    40 air squats
    30 sit ups
    20 push ups
    10 pull ups (subbed for ring rows)
    x 2 rounds

So hard ... maybe it's me but I am finding WOD's very trying at the moment
  • mccraee
    Options
    DOR for me! lots of walking on my agenda. and, trying to get some extra minutes of sleep!
  • bethlivi
    Options
    Skill/strength: 3X10 of hip extensions supersetted with GHD situps.
    WOD: partners (P1 rests while P2 does 1rd)
    25cal row
    25second L sit
    100M shuttle sprints (25m at a time)
    8 total rounds for time.

I. Hate. Rowing.
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    My gym's programming for WODs this week has been pretty tough. Lots of pistols and lots of burpees. I am a fan of neither but I have been every day this week so there's that. Here is what I will be doing after work today:
    AMRAP Circuit: 11 min
    1) 7 Burpees & 5 Pw Cleans (55/75/115)
    2) 7 Burpees & 5 STOH (55/75/115)
    3) 7 Burpees & 3 GTOH (55/75/115)
    Rest 1 min
    1 Min: ME GTOH
  • Keladelphia
    Options
    This one should be tough but fun

Abbate

For time:

Run 1 mile

21 Clean & Jerks 155/105#

Run 800 meters

21 Clean & Jerks 155/105#

Run 1 mile
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Jeez that looks rough. Enjoy!
  • Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Joining in with this thread as great to see all the variations of WODS

Oly lifting day for me later but last night we did a great session:
    Press, Push Press and Press Jerk - for strength then

15 burpees over bar
    10 full cleans
    15 burpees over
    20 power cleans
    15 burpees
    30 hang power cleans

I used 55lbs and took 7.34 - would go heavier next time I think.