Ideal fat/protein/carb %s

Options
2»

Replies

• mommy2boysaz
    mommy2boysaz Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    For all you experienced folks, do you think it is better to track macros as a percentage of your calories (how do you decide how many total calories?), or just as x grams of fat, protein, carbs, letting the calories fall where they may... ? If you have your macros all in the right proportions, do calories matter so much?
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    For all you experienced folks, do you think it is better to track macros as a percentage of your calories (how do you decide how many total calories?), or just as x grams of fat, protein, carbs, letting the calories fall where they may... ? If you have your macros all in the right proportions, do calories matter so much?

If you're tracking at all, you should be tracking macros by the grams and not the percentages. 10% carbs is a meaningless measurement. It can mean anything from maybe 30g to over 100g depending on how much people eat.
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I don't really bother with the macros. i just eat whatever meat, drink water and eat a veggie or two if i want them. I do log my food so there are few "hidden" carbs to trip me up. I lose and feel best on very low carb. Even 20 grams a day even from veggies can stall me for weeks.