Sick of Myself

Options
2»

Replies

• kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    If you want a brownie, google "low carb brownie" I bet you will find something that will be good enough to satisfy your craving. Anything that I am craving I google and I find something. If I am in need for something quick. I'll eat a tiny bit of sugar free candy (a whole serving gives me bathroom issues) carb smart ice cream or chocolate redi whip. I never feel like I'm missing out. I have lost 120 pounds in 10.5 months and have no intentions of going back to where I was.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    There is literally a low carb alternative to just about any starchy carb food you are missing. I've been back on low carb for 2 months now and I haven't had cravings for any carbs, or think, "I really want to have (insert starchy food here) right now".

In the past I would had picked up Chipotle for dinner after a stressful day at work, justifying that I deserved it. Since being back on low carb, it hasn't even been a thought in my mind. It might make me feel good for those 20 minutes or so, but afterwards I'll be feeling like crap. I have a much better relationship with food now and don't rely on foods to make me feel better. To me it's just not worth it to stray.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    There is literally a low carb alternative to just about any starchy carb food you are missing. I've been back on low carb for 2 months now and I haven't had cravings for any carbs, or think, "I really want to have (insert starchy food here) right now".

In the past I would had picked up Chipotle for dinner after a stressful day at work, justifying that I deserved it. Since being back on low carb, it hasn't even been a thought in my mind. It might make me feel good for those 20 minutes or so, but afterwards I'll be feeling like crap. I have a much better relationship with food now and don't rely on foods to make me feel better. To me it's just not worth it to stray.

FWIW, Chipotle can be low carb. You just have to be mindful of your choices. Personally, all the good stuff is LCHF, but I'm partial. I generally got salad with little or no rice, steak, tomatoes (mild salsa), sour cream, and cheese. Guac's a good addition if you like it (I'm not a guac fan). Nom nom nom.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Once you give it the full commitment that it takes to get you there you aren't hungry anymore and can laugh at a brownie. I have made brownies while eating this way and had no desire to even eat a crumb! It happens but you have to be the one to choose to get yourself there. Good luck! You can learn a lot from some great people here! Love yourself, you deserve it! :smiley:
  • lauraesh0384
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »

FWIW, Chipotle can be low carb. You just have to be mindful of your choices. Personally, all the good stuff is LCHF, but I'm partial. I generally got salad with little or no rice, steak, tomatoes (mild salsa), sour cream, and cheese. Guac's a good addition if you like it (I'm not a guac fan). Nom nom nom.

I can't do Chipotle without the rice. It's just not the same. :( I do love their guac. It's delicious, but I've never had it in a bowl. Maybe once I'm to maintenance I'll revisit the idea.

• 35in90
    35in90 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yum, the Chipotle burrito bowl with lettuce, steak, all the salsas, sour cream, cheese and guacamole is delicious. I'd never have been able to work that into a CICO diet unless it was all I ate for the day. Also, they have delicious iced tea.

And Five Guys Bacon Cheeseburgers are just as good without the bun.
  • lauraesh0384
    Options
    I also like the Jalapeno Chipotle burger from Smash Burger (can't remember if that's the official name lol) without the bun. It's really good. :) It comes with jalapeños, pepper jack cheese and a spicy chipotle sauce. So good! It comes with guacamole and onions too, but I get it without that.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Today will be a day to eat a little more.

And the yummy food mentioned here sounds good

But I have already gotten in 10,000 steps today. So no self hate. I have earned a few extra calories!

BBQ sounds good

No sugary sauce either...
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You'll make it, and every now and then. I used to experience extreme bloating and gas and running to the bathroom if I ate sweet after regular food. After being off sugar for 70 days, I decided to have a trio of mini deserts at a buffet at a high class hotel. I was waiting for the "explosion" to come. it never did. Neither did my craving for sugar come back like before. I was able to go right back on the next day. I didn't feel all that crappy (maybe I wasn't in ketosis to begin with, but carb were between 20-30 net a day).

You could have a small ice cream now and then, OR a low cal ice cream. Just jump back on. Eat Pizza with a fork and just eat the toppings. Because I am looking at this as a WOL, not a diet, I have some planned "a little more carbs today" days, and some " a little more calories" days as well. And think, ok If I do that, I haven't messed up my life. I may have slowed my weight loss by .5 a pound, but ok. This is a FOREVER thing. One has to live.

I know that for some (including myself) moderation is hard. I am mostly an "all of nothing" woman, but if I have given myself "permission" to have certain days, it makes it a lot easier.

No one expercts you to be perfect all the time, just be true to your goals and yourself.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    For me, nothing at all worked until I got my head on straight. That took me a hard six months of maintenance last year while I had to decide what was really important to me... Since then, even after literally binging on chocolate for a full three days before immediately jumping in here, it's been easier than I've ever dreamed. I've had a couple setbacks or slows is probably more accurate...lol. But it has gotten to the point now where the things my brain occasionally tries to convince me I want aren't even really appealing when it comes down to it. And I still get stress eating triggers, but now I crave bacon or fatty things, and then I feel nourished when I eat them... It's...freeing. But until I was ready, nothing could have convinced me to get on this path, much less stay here.
  • AreteAndWhimsy
    AreteAndWhimsy Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    @mommy2boysaz I wanted to point out that one of the reasons WW tends to work for people is because of the community, the support, the public accountability, and the tracking. Use those tools in your favor for LCHF and lean hard on them. It isn't weakness, it's smart.
  • smuller73
    smuller73 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The longer you do it the easier it becomes but also don't beat yourself up for the occasional glitch. Your friend doing WW. Does she intend to stick with the WW way of eating for life? For me this isn't a "diet" it's a lifestyle change and I had to do something I could continue for life. I have so many positives from it other then weight loss that I can see myself sticking with this. I have been really lucky that the low carb lifestyle has taken off in a big way where I live. They call it "banting" here in South Africa. I have a shop near to me that sells lots of low carb alternatives including brownies made with coconut flour they are divine and help curb any carb cravings I might get. Looking online there are so many low carb versions of starchy foods so I have been able to find ways to avoid eating the "bad"carbs. When it comes to cooking for my family I do something for the whole family that fits in with my way of eating and then add a starch for those that want. eg I make spaghetti sauce and put it over stir fried cabbage, with lots of parmasan cheese added on top for me and then do it over pasta for the rest of the family, although my family have now decided they prefer the cabbage (my one daughter also prefers cauli rice to real rice). I was eating a low carb berry cheesecake the other day for my lunch (yum) while the lowfat diet crowd in my office were eating their rice crackers and fat free cottage cheese lunches and I realised I couldn't live like that. That was when I knew I was on the right track.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Just remember everyone here has been there, and there's a reason we're encouraging you to stick to it! It's worth it, you're worth it, and it works if you work it!
  • VallBoston
    VallBoston Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What helps me stick to my eating better is having my day on the weekend that I can snack a bit. It allows me to have some goodies which I NEED or I might BINGE. Can't have that. Don't be so hard on yourself. It's a very hard journey for sure. But, when you start to feel better and see your results.. it's all going to be worth this.

If we fall off and eat junk.. just eat better the next meal. I use to be like oh.. I'll start again next week.. and eat crappy. Now I go back to eating right the very next meal.

So I guess we need to keep pep talking ourselves through this. This group is great to get motivation from all the wonderful people all going through this with you! Stay strong!!