Discontinued Ice Cream Flavors You Miss

Options
AngryViking1970
AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
I was perusing the ice cream selection at Wegmans last night and suddenly remembered a Haagen Dazs flavor that I absolutely loved that is no longer made: Mayan Chocolate. It was the most incredible dark chocolatey cinnamon perfection. Then I couldn't think of anything else and none of the ice creams that were there would do and I left empty handed.

A also really miss Baskin Robbins Chocolate Raspberry Truffle. A lot.

Are there any ice cream flavors you miss?

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I've posted about this before but Butter Brickle from when I was a kid. I think someone posted (Rachel maybe) that Turkey Hill makes it seasonally but I can't get that near me...

Oh well, this way my childhood memories will be preserved and I won't be disappointed if it isn't as good as I remember...
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    So I don't think I've ever shared this with the group yet.

My high school job was working at an ice cream shop...it's a legend in my home town. All home-made ice cream, right in the back of the shop. Been in operation for something like 85 years. My dad worked there when he was in high schoool too.

@Kruggeri - they make Butter Brickle ice cream - you just need to make a road trip to Iowa :)

So technically not discontinued, but the absolute bestest ice cream there is their homemade fresh peach ice cream, which is always made once a year, around August. And since none of my family lives there any more, I haven't been back to have it in many, many years.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I seem to remember that Ben & Jerry's had one called From Russia With Buzz. It was coffee ice cream with chocolate covered espresso beans, I think. There were some other things in it too. I only found it once and that was probably in 2003.

ETA: That was it! I didn't realize the Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz was basically the same thing. I don't want to post a picture or a link and jack up this thread.
    "From Russia with Buzz/Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz:
    Two names, one flavor: dark coffee ice cream with espresso-fudge chips. Both are in the graveyard, though the latter’s still available in some scoop shops. Caffeine addicts who don’t live near a shop have to make do with Coffee Heath Bar Crunch, which doesn’t offer nearly as much buzz."
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    When Ben & Jerrys first came out with their core ice creams, there was another one that went with Karamel Sutra. I can't remember the name, but it was chocolate/vanilla, chocolate chips, and fudge as the core. It was great, but it's been years since I've seen it.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    When I was younger (middle school ish I think) Klondike had a special Planters Peanuts Klondike bar and it was a thing of flavor beauty. Peanuts, caramel, buttery nougat flavored ice cream...like snickers ice bars but so much better.

So good.
  • malibu927
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I seem to remember that Ben & Jerry's had one called From Russia With Buzz. It was coffee ice cream with chocolate covered espresso beans, I think. There were some other things in it too. I only found it once and that was probably in 2003.

ETA: That was it! I didn't realize the Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz was basically the same thing. I don't want to post a picture or a link and jack up this thread.
    "From Russia with Buzz/Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz:
    Two names, one flavor: dark coffee ice cream with espresso-fudge chips. Both are in the graveyard, though the latter’s still available in some scoop shops. Caffeine addicts who don’t live near a shop have to make do with Coffee Heath Bar Crunch, which doesn’t offer nearly as much buzz."

FYI the Meijer I work at has some Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz on clearance. I noticed it this evening, along with Chocolate Peppermint Crunch (WHYYYYYYYYY?????? Now this has to go on the list!)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    My Walmart has the Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz. I don't care for coffee ice cream so I've never tried it.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Ok I am really behind replying on this but was actually thinking of this the other day (because of Ben & Jerry's free cone day) - Ben & Jerry's reverse chocolate chunk. Not so much because of the chocolate ice cream but the white chocolate pieces in there were like some of the best white chocolate I have ever had. At least that is how I remember it.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    Options
    I was perusing the ice cream selection at Wegmans last night and suddenly remembered a Haagen Dazs flavor that I absolutely loved that is no longer made: Mayan Chocolate. It was the most incredible dark chocolatey cinnamon perfection. Then I couldn't think of anything else and none of the ice creams that were there would do and I left empty handed.

A also really miss Baskin Robbins Chocolate Raspberry Truffle. A lot.

Are there any ice cream flavors you miss?

Oh the Mayan Chocolate was so good - I think it is what gave me the courage to try Steve's Mexican Chili Chocolate - it is very similar to the Mayan Chocolate but a bit spicy and with yummy chocolate bits in it. I recommend it if you can find it. It has a bit of spice but is so good.
  • frostedpoptart
    frostedpoptart Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Haagen Dazs Banana Foster. They still have it in 7/11's supposedly, but I've never seen it.

Ben & Jerry's peach cobbler (don't remember the exact name), banana peanut butter frozen yogurt, and of course...oatmeal cookie chunk
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Haagen Dazs Banana Foster. They still have it in 7/11's supposedly, but I've never seen it.

Ben & Jerry's peach cobbler (don't remember the exact name), banana peanut butter frozen yogurt, and of course...oatmeal cookie chunk

Oh yes I remember B&J's peach cobbler... I loved it!
  • sunburntgalaxy
    Options

I never had Haagen Dazs Bananas Foster but I just bough some Banana's Foster this weekend it is (run's to freezer to look) Graeter's Bananas Foster Gelato. Haven't tried it yet and since I never had the Haagen Dazs I can't really compare it, but if you are looking for Banana's Foster it might be worth a try.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    They didn't discontinue this flavor but it's getting harder & harder to find Cinnamon Buns for me at least.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Sweet fancy, Perry's has a new line of ice cream (Escapes) and I just found out that one of the flavors is "Mexican Chocolate". I need it.
  • malibu927
    Options
    I just remembered another one...Edy's had a birthday cake flavor that I absolutely loved
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's discontinued, but I haven't been able to find it in a couple of years. Blue Bunny's Carrot Cake ice cream. It had great macros.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Krogers Private Selection had a strawberry cheesecake years ago that was pretty good.
  • Jaxxie1181
    Jaxxie1181 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have two. Edy's Dreamery Grandma's Cookie Jar and Turkey Hill's Coconut Cream Pie.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Jaxxie1181 wrote: »
    I have two. Edy's Dreamery Grandma's Cookie Jar and Turkey Hill's Coconut Cream Pie.

I just bought Turkey Hill's Coconut Cream Pie the other week at Weis.
  • Jaxxie1181
    Jaxxie1181 Posts: 138 Member
    Options

I just bought Turkey Hill's Coconut Cream Pie the other week at Weis.

Kroger was the only grocery store in my area that carried it. I wonder if it's seasonal? Hmmmmm, I'll have to check this out.