Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Just tried Talenti Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, and to be honest, I'm not a huge fan. It has an odd taste to me. :confused:

Did it taste like vanilla extract? That's the taste I got from it. I ate it anyway, because I can't throw food out. I just ate it with tears in my eyes.

You know what? Yes, yes it did. I couldn't quite put my finger on the taste, but that's it. I'm giving it to my parents. Any other Talenti flavors I should avoid before I waste my money and calories?

Those are the only ones I think that have gotten downright bad reviews, but the caramel cookie crunch tends to disappoint people. That was the second or third flavor I tried and I remembering thinking that it was good but not any better than a lot of the other caramel options that have less calories. Oh actually now that I think of it, the mango one has gotten some pretty bad reviews too. I think someone said it was the worst thing they'd ever eaten.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Got this today...

breyers%2Bblasts%2Bhersheys%2Bmini%2Bkisses%2Bquart.jpg

I have to finish out my Deep Dark Chocolate before I can start in on this one, but I'm looking forward to it. I might sneak a spoonful or two later. :*
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Today I bought Weis's store brand Root Beer Float & a version of Neapolitan but instead of chocolate it has Blueberry.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Also Jif is releasing two new Hazelnut spreads Cookies & Cream & a Cheesecake flavor.

So want to try the Cookies & Cream.

http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2015/06/04/spotted-on-shelves-jif-cookies-n-cream-and-chocolate-cheesecake-hazelnut-spreads/
  • dragonmaster69
    dragonmaster69 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Today I bought Weis's store brand Root Beer Float & a version of Neapolitan but instead of chocolate it has Blueberry.

WEIS ICE CREAMS ARE WAY BETTER THAN EXPECTED. I thought all rocky roads were gonna be the same but Weis's blows me away.

I've also eaten some Magnum ice cream bars lately and they were nice. Chocolate mania, but that's kind of the point. I tried the triple chocolate and peanut butter one, and I liked the PB one most. The portion is reasonable.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

WEIS ICE CREAMS ARE WAY BETTER THAN EXPECTED. I thought all rocky roads were gonna be the same but Weis's blows me away.

I've also eaten some Magnum ice cream bars lately and they were nice. Chocolate mania, but that's kind of the point. I tried the triple chocolate and peanut butter one, and I liked the PB one most. The portion is reasonable.

I just bought a box of mini Double Caramel bars for the first time in a while. Small, but I can't justify almost 400 calories for the regular size one.
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Got this today...

breyers%2Bblasts%2Bhersheys%2Bmini%2Bkisses%2Bquart.jpg

I have to finish out my Deep Dark Chocolate before I can start in on this one, but I'm looking forward to it. I might sneak a spoonful or two later. :*
    Oh yeah, I'm trying this next.

It was very good. I snuck some last night and I'm having a full serving tonight. Even my 6 year old loved it. It had ALOT of mix-ins. It definitely was not a piddley amount. So pleased.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I don't like hershey chocolate.. too bad, it did look pretty good, lol.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I picked up a quart of Sam's Choice Blackberry Crumble at Walmart last night. It was a little light on the pie crust mix-ins, but it was realllly good. Better than Coffee & Donuts, IMO.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Also Jif is releasing two new Hazelnut spreads Cookies & Cream & a Cheesecake flavor.

http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2015/06/04/spotted-on-shelves-jif-cookies-n-cream-and-chocolate-cheesecake-hazelnut-spreads/

I'm not really a fan of hazelnut, but OMG. I want to try both of those!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Ut oh...looks like Leo was too naughty this time :(
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Ut oh...looks like Leo was too naughty this time :(

:(
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Just tried Talenti Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, and to be honest, I'm not a huge fan. It has an odd taste to me. :confused:

Did it taste like vanilla extract? That's the taste I got from it. I ate it anyway, because I can't throw food out. I just ate it with tears in my eyes.

You know what? Yes, yes it did. I couldn't quite put my finger on the taste, but that's it. I'm giving it to my parents. Any other Talenti flavors I should avoid before I waste my money and calories?

The Oatmeal Raisin hasn't gotten the best reviews. I actually only know of one person who likes that one (and that person liked the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, if that tells you anything :wink: ). Also the mango I've heard isn't great. Those are the only ones I know of.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Speculoos also has a Cookies & Cream spread which I've heard was delicious, but I held off on getting it. I think Jif has sea salt caramel, or salted caramel, and was told that was also good.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Let's all take a moment to pay respect to our recently banned group leader, @MrM27. It really is a sad, sad day on the forums when people are banned for being blunt and not backing down.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Let's all take a moment to pay respect to our recently banned group leader, @MrM27. It really is a sad, sad day on the forums when people are banned for being blunt and not backing down.

This is very sad.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    So much butthurt out there...
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    Can he come back under a different username or is it ban by ip?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

:/