LC and Cellulite

Options
auntstephie321
auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
I'm not to my goal yet, but getting close. Something I noticed since its shorts weather finally, is that my thighs don't appear to have as much cellulite.

I don't remember noticing that last time I lost weight, not doing lc. Is there some reason why this would be?

Replies

• mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    You just made my day @auntstephie321!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    You just made my day @auntstephie321!

Found this online:

Keep your carb intake low. This includes not only pastries and sodas, but even the types of carbohydrates that are considered healthy. Specifically, I am talking about rice, beans, potatoes, pasta, and bread. All of these carbohydrates will fill up the glycogen stores. To tap into the fat stores, you need to have your glycogen stores depleted. This will turn your body from a sugar burning machine to a fat burning machine. Truthfully, I find fat loss on my clients and myself happens faster this way. Do keep in mind that calories do still count, but cutting carbs makes it easier for the body to tap the fat stores. As a guideline, if you want to lose a lot of bodyfat, keep your daily total intake of carbohydrates under 100 grams. 50 grams a day or less would be even better.

Makes sense to me lol
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellulite

Hormonal factors
    Hormones play a dominant role in the formation of cellulite. Estrogen may be the important hormone to initiate and aggravate cellulite. However, there has been no reliable clinical evidence to support such a claim. Other hormones, including insulin, the catecholamines adrenaline and noradrenaline, thyroid hormones, and prolactin, are all believed to participate in the development of cellulite.[1]
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Interesting

• auntstephie321
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellulite

Hormonal factors
    Hormones play a dominant role in the formation of cellulite. Estrogen may be the important hormone to initiate and aggravate cellulite. However, there has been no reliable clinical evidence to support such a claim. Other hormones, including insulin, the catecholamines adrenaline and noradrenaline, thyroid hormones, and prolactin, are all believed to participate in the development of cellulite.[1]

Hmmm that's interesting too. Something is affecting it for sure.
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I can eat bacon and simultaneously deplete cellulite. I think I just died a little from happiness.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I think all the women with large thighs on this group just had a collective hopeful eye widening and sigh of relief.
  • cottagegirl71
    cottagegirl71 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    KarenZen wrote: »
    I can eat bacon and simultaneously deplete cellulite. I think I just died a little from happiness.

Haha - me too!

• GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I've noticed mine slowly disappearing? I'm not sure if it's LC or working out, I personally think it's the exercise that is toning your legs, butt and other areas that are helpful the most.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    GSD_Mama wrote: »
    I've noticed mine slowly disappearing? I'm not sure if it's LC or working out, I personally think it's the exercise that is toning your legs, butt and other areas that are helpful the most.

It could be just due to weight loss in general, but I didn't notice it last time I lost weight, and I was jogging three times a week then. Now I don't exercise more than just normal daily activity. I assumed it was from less water retention creating a smoother appearance. Whatever it is, I like it!
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Yeah, i like it too! :)
  • jumanajane
    jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I have read over the years that cellulite is also caused by the fat cells being the depository for toxins. Don't know if this is correct or not but eating LCHF by default means not eating processed foods so.....less toxins means our bodies can deal with them at last and so cellulite goes!
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    In addition, I am noticing other skin problems that I thought would NEVER go away magically leaving. It sounds crazy, but I am so happy about it!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    health.com/health/gallery/0,,20735356_2,00.html

If this is true then LCHF could help reduce cellulite.
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I think all the women with large thighs on this group just had a collective hopeful eye widening and sigh of relief.

Me!

• tishball
    tishball Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    my skin in general is so much better, and yes I notice while I haven't lost lots of weight, I don't have bumpy thighs, all good , all good.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I've had a big improvement to my skin. I was supposed to be taking antibiotics for my cystic acne but they upset my stomach. After only a couple weeks into keto, I suddenly realized ALL of the cysts were gone! All the way gone! Not one has began to swell up again and it's been 30 days now since I made the diet change.
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Yup same acne effect for me. No more than a couple of small spots at a time now which is lovely especially as it was something that was stressing me ahead of the wedding.
  • Sk8Kate
    Sk8Kate Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    My cystic acne seems to be clearing up also. But was sure the high fat would just fill in those wrinkles, lol. Still waiting.