Recipe Help

Options
Warhawk79
Warhawk79 Posts: 29 Member
I am living the bachelor lifestyle this week and I am looking for good bariatric recipies for one. Since the family will be gone, I plan on cooking for just me and I want to eat some good, healthy stuff. Any ideas. I have looked at the eggface blog and bariatric foodie. Do you guys know of any good high protein recipe sites?

Replies

• janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Rock's kitchen on Facebook?
  • Warhawk79
    Options
    No. I will check it out. Thank you!
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge cook once eat for a week kind of person. I like to cook a bag of chicken and keep it in the fridge and make different things out of it. Mix it with a little taco seasoning and make taco salad with it. Or a little mayo, apples, pecans and cranberries and it makes a great chicken salad. You can shred a zucchini or make sweet potato noodles and toss the chicken with some peanut butter and soy sauce and mix it all together. Sometimes just chucks of chicken dipped in honey mustard or bbq is nice too.
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm a cook once and eat for a week too! Sometimes I freeze portions so we can just pull whatever strikes us that night. Chicken is so great so many things you can do with it! Ground turkey too - brown it, drain and rinse it and you've got wonder meat! You can do a million things with it - tacos on lettuce leaves, sauce it and mix with spaghetti squash, mix with onion soup mix and cheese for faux white castle cheeseburgers, mix with rotel chili powder garlic onion paprika and cumin beef bullion and you have quick beanless chili - All easy bachelor friendly recipes!
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I looked at Paleo Diets on Pinterest and found a ton of interesting recipes (with pictures!).
  • jillcwatson1
    jillcwatson1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has so many recipes and ideas I dont think I will ever see them all. Check there for WKS recipes and ideas.
  • Warhawk79
    Options
    Oh my goodness. I joined Rock's Kitchen on Facebook. Everyone is raving about a recipe for Crack Slaw..That stuff is amazing and very bariatric friendly!