Need no chew or very soft food ideas please

Options
AngInCanada
AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
I have a screwed up jaw, and have for 15 years. Each time I go to the dentist, it means 3-4 days of bad bad bad jaw pain from having to hold my mouth open. I chipped a tooth a few months ago and had been putting it off. I got in for an appointment today which is great cause I had no time to think about it, but it's also bad because now I feel ill prepared for food. Pre-keto I would've just bought a tub of slim fast and had shakes for 3 days, but I can NOT find any compliant protein powder here so that's out. I made some scrambled eggs for lunch and I'm able to squish them around in my mouth and swallow, so that works, but I'm stumped. Any ideas?????

Replies

• batlott
    batlott Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I've never eaten it but what about mashed cauliflower? Brie and camembert can be soft at room temperature. Eat mayonaise out of the jar? Broth. Mashed avocado.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    You could also boil the eggs. Maybe cook some veggies until they're soft and mush them up a bit? That makes it sound like baby food, lol. If you have a food processor, could you puree meat?
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I have pureed pretty much every kind of food but I'd rather not lol.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Can you get premier protein shakes? 3 net carbs in the vanilla 11oz ones
  • TallulahTracks
    TallulahTracks Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Definitely mashed cauliflower! I love it with Philly Onion and Chive cream cheese, butter and cream (I use a stick blender). I am also in Canada and have found Diesel New Zealand whey protein powder which is actually delicious and only has like 0.5 g of carbs. It mixes super easy and is not clumpy. They'll give you a sample to try at Popeye's but Nutrition House has it too. I like strawberry and cookies & cream.
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Bone broth with butter and hwc put through a blender and you have a deliciously creamy soup. You could even puree veggies in with it if you like.
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I hope you feel better..I am sorry about the short top message. Apparently i cant type and listen to my kids at the same time.... haha
  • minties82
    Options
    Definitely mashed cauliflower! I love it with Philly Onion and Chive cream cheese, butter and cream (I use a stick blender). I am also in Canada and have found Diesel New Zealand whey protein powder which is actually delicious and only has like 0.5 g of carbs. It mixes super easy and is not clumpy. They'll give you a sample to try at Popeye's but Nutrition House has it too. I like strawberry and cookies & cream.

Cool! I will have to look out for that protein powder (I live in NZ).

• Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I get Dymatize Iso-100 which has 2 carbs and 1 fibre per serving. The chocolate is tasty. It's orderable online from many weightlifting vendors. I like mixing it with almond coconut milk. I can then add as much fat as I need.
    I second the fat soup idea. Broths with seasoning and fats (olive oil, heavy cream, butter...) are nice.
    I also loves me some cream cheese frosting made with butter, cream cheese, liquid stevia, and vanilla. Mmmm.

Good luck.

-T.
  • minties82
    Options
    I just bought some protein powder that is 0.15g per 30g serving. Woohoo!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    http://www.ruled.me/?s=soup

Some are chunkier than others, but you can always modify or hit them with a stick blender, depending what makes the chunks.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Bone broth with butter and hwc put through a blender and you have a deliciously creamy soup. You could even puree veggies in with it if you like.

^^^ This. I have swallowing problems and often have to purée my food. Broth, cream, veggies, and chicken can be ground up easily and heated into "soup". Puréed meats seem more palatable incorporated into soup rather than as ground mush. (But puréed steak and liver just tend to cause problems when the grisle winds around the blender blades, so I usually stick with chicken that I cut in chunks beforehand.)

Broccoli and cheese are a good combo if you can have dairy. Squash hides just about any flavor, but is a bit higher in carbs. I've used coconut cream instead of HWC when I can't eat dairy.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    The primal version of coffee/tea combined with heavy cream and coconut oil is drinkable, includes egg nutrition, and keeps you full of healthy fats for a long time... Might be worth looking into, at least short term. Since I use a "shake" method, I run it through a filter to keep out any remaining solids (for any eww factor)...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/KnitOrMiss/view/my-loaded-tea-746518

This is another recipe that might help: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/KnitOrMiss/view/recipe-jello-fat-bombs-731743
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    There are some potted meats that are ground up like a paste. I can't remember the name of them though...liverworst? and ?

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan