Intro/Goals

Options
2»

Replies

• runner115
    runner115 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi guys - I'm new to the group. My goal is to keep an accurate food journal and maintain a daily calorie deficit. As the name of the group says - keepin' it green!
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    runner115 wrote: »
    Hi guys - I'm new to the group. My goal is to keep an accurate food journal and maintain a daily calorie deficit. As the name of the group says - keepin' it green!
    Hey there runner...glad you joined us! These are great goals!
  • MzLaLa29
    MzLaLa29 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I recently have considered opening up my food diary...I have always thought that was PRIVATE. But another MFP person said it really kept her on track knowing someone might look...hmm. She has been really successful so that made me wonder why I want to keep it private?

My diary is open. Yes, it definitely keeps you honest. But I also find other people's diaries helpful. For instance I'm stuck in a breakfast rut. Oatmeal EVERY DAY Monday through Friday. I used to eat fast food every morning. Now I would like to mix it up a bit while keeping it simple and healthy. I may get ideas from what other's are eating for breakfast.

I hope that helps you make your decision :smile:
  • MzLaLa29
    Options
    CullinsK wrote: »
    Hello I'm Ann. I'm new to this group and Fitness pal. My goals are to walk/run 3 miles daily and drink lots of water.

Hey Ann. Welcome to the group and to My Fitness Pal!

Anyone who is looking to build their friend list, feel free to add me. Also, we're not experts but feel free to ask any questions over in the "sharing is caring" discussion board. We will try to answer your questions as best we can based on our experience. mmmkay? :smiley:
  • bigsmoove2
    bigsmoove2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    soo much food today (well it feels like it at least.)
  • downongreenacres
    Options
    Well bigsmoove, it happens that way sometimes :neutral:
  • ddif
    ddif Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for doing Cycle 2. I found me self being very honest with the food diary. I also found that this past week s lack of shopping led to s lack of planning to s lack of motivation. Funny how that works
  • relly1008
    relly1008 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    i want to join, am i too late?
  • downongreenacres
    Options
    relly1008 wrote: »
    i want to join, am i too late?
    You are more than welcome to join!
    Glad to have you :smiley:
  • downongreenacres
    Options
    ddif wrote: »
    Thanks for doing Cycle 2. I found me self being very honest with the food diary. I also found that this past week s lack of shopping led to s lack of planning to s lack of motivation. Funny how that works
    Yes planning is important to me too. I live on a tight budget so I must lay in good supplies or I end up without healthy options.
    It sounds like you got some good insight!
  • Suede242
    Suede242 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Goal: 1400 net calories, 2 liters water, limiting sweets to 1 or less a day and 8000 steps 6 days a week but occasionally my step counter gets reset or forgotten on me
    I've been working towards clean eating, limiting my processed food where I can
  • MzLaLa29
    Options
    Suede242 wrote: »
    Goal: 1400 net calories, 2 liters water, limiting sweets to 1 or less a day and 8000 steps 6 days a week but occasionally my step counter gets reset or forgotten on me
    I've been working towards clean eating, limiting my processed food where I can

Welcome Suede242! Your goals sounds awesome. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.