Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Let's all take a moment to pay respect to our recently banned group leader, @MrM27. It really is a sad, sad day on the forums when people are banned for being blunt and not backing down.

That sucks. They need to overhaul the whole flagging system.

I bet the guy they said uses a fake CEO picture is still posting.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Let's all take a moment to pay respect to our recently banned group leader, @MrM27. It really is a sad, sad day on the forums when people are banned for being blunt and not backing down.

He is. I've seen several posts from the past two days.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

Mr. "Carbs nearly killed me"? Yeah, he's been around.
  • dragonmaster69
    dragonmaster69 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Today I bought Weis's store brand Root Beer Float & a version of Neapolitan but instead of chocolate it has Blueberry.

WEIS ICE CREAMS ARE WAY BETTER THAN EXPECTED. I thought all rocky roads were gonna be the same but Weis's blows me away.

I've also eaten some Magnum ice cream bars lately and they were nice. Chocolate mania, but that's kind of the point. I tried the triple chocolate and peanut butter one, and I liked the PB one most. The portion is reasonable.

I just bought a box of mini Double Caramel bars for the first time in a while. Small, but I can't justify almost 400 calories for the regular size one.

I enjoy the whole 340 calories in the peanut butter one for the amount of chocolate and peanut butter, not the ice cream really. I have a Reese's magic shell I use from time to time and the calories end up about the same. Definitely wouldn't keep Magnums in sTock at all times, but I will try the minis.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I used to love Magnums so much, but I tried them again 2 years ago and was very disappointed for some reason.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Banned for good, or just for a little while? I guess I should go creep his page and look for a rant. :frowning:
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Banned for good, or just for a little while? I guess I should go creep his page and look for a rant. :frowning:

Banned for good, and this is creating quite the stir as there is a theory that the ban was initiated by and pushed for by certain members of the Low Carb Group. I don't know all the details as I really try to stay out of all the MFP politics. I just like my ice cream and wine, and I like truthful people who are grounded in logic and science, especially those who mix in a healthy dose of sarcasm. That's why I like all of you so much!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Banned for good, and this is creating quite the stir as there is a theory that the ban was initiated by and pushed for by certain members of the Low Carb Group. I don't know all the details as I really try to stay out of all the MFP politics. I just like my ice cream and wine, and I like truthful people who are grounded in logic and science, especially those who mix in a healthy dose of sarcasm. That's why I like all of you so much!

Can't say it would surprise me...
  • malibu927
    Options
    Because we need some better news...

965h07zdekju.jpg

Went to Kroger for the first time in a couple months and found this in the place where they were going to put Jeni's. It's a local-ish company too (Cincinnati, which is where Kroger's HQs are located) and does work with several restaurants in the city. This flavor is apparently a really popular one in New Zealand...vanilla base with honeycomb toffee swirls. It tastes like butterscotch to me and I'm in love.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

965h07zdekju.jpg

Went to Kroger for the first time in a couple months and found this in the place where they were going to put Jeni's. It's a local-ish company too (Cincinnati, which is where Kroger's HQs are located) and does work with several restaurants in the city. This flavor is apparently a really popular one in New Zealand...vanilla base with honeycomb toffee swirls. It tastes like butterscotch to me and I'm in love.

That looks awesome.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

965h07zdekju.jpg

Wow that sounds good.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

965h07zdekju.jpg

Yummmmmmmm!!!!
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options

965h07zdekju.jpg

I've been eyeing that brand myself but the price is pretty steep. But I get my bonus this week, so I might splurge. I'm glad it's good! I can't wait!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

965h07zdekju.jpg

I'd buy that ice cream just for the name alone.

• malibu927
    Options

965h07zdekju.jpg

I've been eyeing that brand myself but the price is pretty steep. But I get my bonus this week, so I might splurge. I'm glad it's good! I can't wait!

Since it's the same as Gelato Fiasco and Steve's (which I was also debating), it didn't really bother me. Plus it's a bit lower calorie, 150 for 100 grams.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Oh wow it looks awesome!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Is that honeycomb like sponge candy honeycomb? I love that stuff!
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options

965h07zdekju.jpg

Since it's the same as Gelato Fiasco and Steve's (which I was also debating), it didn't really bother me. Plus it's a bit lower calorie, 150 for 100 grams.

Gotcha. I haven't come across those two brands yet, but I think I might pick this one up this week!
  • malibu927
    Options
    Is that honeycomb like sponge candy honeycomb? I love that stuff!

It's just a syrup, according to their website