How much have you lost and how long did it take?

Options
124»

Replies

• mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Great posts here! I love hearing about the NSV's along with the scale victories.

I'm pretty new at this--started 5/18/15 at 194 lbs. Today, I weigh 175 lbs. Freaky, 19 lbs in 23 days. But I figure it's falling off so fast because:

A. It's water weight
    B. It's pregnancy weight that I probably should have lost gradually over the past 10 months since my son was born. Probably some hormonal shifting in there, too.
    C. I've been pretty sick over the past few days, bedridden.

I'll probably gain some back before I start losing again. I'm set at 1700 calories/day. I'm 5'8-1/2". I was doing light to moderate exercise daily before I got sick. My macros are in the range of 50-70% fat, 15-25% protein, 15-25% carbs. Roughly 80-100g carbs most days.

NSVs: almost no plantar fasciitis pain, which was a chronic problem before. Lost 2" off my hips, 1" off my waist, looking more sculpted and less flabby all over. I don't get nearly as hungry as I did before; I feel satisfied longer. All well worth the effort!
  • 35in90
    35in90 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    wow, that's a huge loss! congratulations! you must be thrilled!
  • SueM86
    SueM86 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've lost just over 14lbs in 5 weeks on lowish carb (averages around 60g per day). I've got another 40 odd lbs to lose.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I am on my week of lifting hard. I'm up about 6 pounds of water weight from being sore.

It will drop with about a half pound of fat next week. Maybe add a half pound of muscle if I am lucky.

Just wanted to mention that cycles and upswings are somewhat normal if you lift hard and eat at break-even for a few days.

Don't let muscle soreness related water retention freak you out.

Stay on track long term because it is a long term thing!

Have a great day!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I am on my week of lifting hard. I'm up about 6 pounds of water weight from being sore.

It will drop with about a half pound of fat next week. Maybe add a half pound of muscle if I am lucky.

Just wanted to mention that cycles and upswings are somewhat normal if you lift hard and eat at break-even for a few days.

Don't let muscle soreness related water retention freak you out.

Stay on track long term because it is a long term thing!

Have a great day!

This is good to know, thanks!

35in90 wrote: »
    wow, that's a huge loss! congratulations! you must be thrilled!

Thanks! Well, yeah, it's certainly exciting. Kind of unreal, even a little scary. Am I cannibalizing LBM in the process?

Another factor is that I'm still breastfeeding my ten-month-old, so whatever carbs I do eat might be getting directed into the milk as lactose. I was a little afraid my supply would dip or dry up entirely on a low-carb diet, but that hasn't been the case.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »
    I have only been doing this for 16 days, the scale seems to be bouncing around a lot so I'm not seeing any steady downward progress yet. But I only have 15-20 pounds to lose. I have noticed I can't pinch as much fat on me in different places. I am feeling really good. Before, I felt tired and stressed every single day, which I thought was hormonal. I had no clue that by changing my diet I could turn that around. I thought I was just going to have to suffer with it because I don't want to do hormonal replacements. I'm sleeping better, feel more rested, my hair and skin and nails look and feel amazing. Who knew? I found this out by accident because I only started eating this way to support my significant other whose doctor recommended Atkins.

This is fabulous! I find that controlling my carbs (primarily grains which cause sugar swings for me) helps with the menopausal chaos as well.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    I've lost 27 pounds since mid January, so four months. The greatest loss has been the decrease in Fibromyalgia pain. In the fibro world we call an extreme episode of pain a "flare". Normally I would have a flare about once a month (depending on physical activity). You can guess, the more active the more flares....vicious cycle. Since lc to ZC I haven't had a flare and my activity level is higher than its been in years! I will take that NSV any day!

This is fabulous as well! My sister has fibro, and I know how hard the flares are on her. Congrats!
  • gemberly
    gemberly Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    41# since mid January. I drink diet soda. I've cut it out and it doesn't matter for me, nor does it affect my blood sugar.