Just One June - June 8 Check In

Options
Dragonwolf
Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
Okay, so it's actually the 9th when I posted this. Oh well...

How's your progress so far? Sticking to just one thing as easy as it sounds?

Replies

• AreteAndWhimsy
    AreteAndWhimsy Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My goal of tracking all my water as a food item has been extremely helpful! I am drinking around the same as before (around or exceeding 100oz daily), but I am simply drinking more of it earlier in the day. Without really changing any other factors, my persistent water retention issues have resolved, and my month long plateau has ended and my weight has dropped from 281.7 to 275.6 with fairly steady weight losses daily, and less overall muscular tension.

I hope everyone else is doing well!
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    My just one thing actually comes from the previous month. I'm now on day 19 of ZC, eating only from the animal kingdom.

My thoughts so far: ZC is an amazingly easy woe. I no longer think about vegetables and even though I still want to eat fruit, it is no longer a craving, more like a detached idea, something that I know I will do eventually, but without urgency. This woe is very effective in turning the idea of food into an idea of fuel for the body. If I'm hungry I eat, if not I don't. And if I'm hungry and there is nothing to eat, I can wait and still be productive.

The number one thing I was expecting from ZC month was to lower my fasting blood glucose. Throughout the day my numbers are great and my A1c (which is an average for the past 3 months) reached normal levels pretty quickly after I started LCHF. But my fasting numbers were still too high and I didn't know what else to do to correct it. Lo and behold, since starting ZC I've had a value below 100 most days, and that means NORMAL VALUES! I'm very, very happy with this!

Regarding weight, things are not going so well. In these 19 days I have lost 1.5kg (~3.3lbs). Given that I have a lot to lose and have been consistently eating at a larger deficit than usual, I was expecting more. But I keep telling myself that I have already lost 20% of my original weight and that my body is just adjusting and gaining momentum for more, lol.

If it was not for constipation this would be the easiest woe ever. But I'm waiting and hoping that that too will sort itself.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Nope. Can't stick to one thing. I've changed my thing from the dog walking (don't worry, they'll still get walks) to no dairy. I started on the 6th, but I don't care. It's just until the end of June. Maybe longer, depending on how serious I am. I told my wife this. She knew. Yesterday she bought me burgers with blue-cheese in them. She hates blue cheese burgers. She got them because she loves me and knows that I love blue cheese burgers. She thought that blue cheese wouldn't matter because I don't have a lot of problems with it. *sigh* I do love her. But I feel bad. I don't think I'm going to eat the burgers, and she'll be upset that I didn't want them.
  • aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm now 9 days without any raw cacoa or unsweetened chocolate-containing items...and I haven't strangled anyone, yet. That's a good sign, right? :smiley: I think it has cut down on my carb craving, too. It seems easier to hit my target. Even though I love bitter, unsweetened chocolate, I think there's some brain-connect issue where my brain goes "hey, you know what would go well with this? Sugar."

I don't know if I'll be able to keep it up after June ends though. I may cut it back to a once a week treat.
  • pedidiva
    pedidiva Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    SQueee. Got my blood work back. Triglycerides and cholesterol are done to normal levels. Liver enzymes are in normal range. Good bye fatty liver disease. All while on a LC HF plan.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    No scales and I'm not tempted!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,057 Member
    Options
    I posted this yesterday on the June 1 one, but weighed myself again today.

Just meat June for me. Weight loss is my goal along with feeling good !

June 1 - 96.8 / 212.96 lbs
    June 8 - 93.9 / 206.58 lbs
    June 9 - 93.8 / 206.36 lbs

So far, so good ! I have noticed that I feel fuller just eating meat, eggs, butter, and a bit of cheese for flavour only, and a wee bit of coconut oil in my coffee. I'll see if I keep that, not sure yet. Yesterday, I had egg muffins with bacon, ham and cheese for breakfast, and slabs of roast beef with butter and drippings for supper and I ate it all with my hands....that made it more enjoyable.

Today my power was out this am, so it was bring raw egg to work day for me and add it to my BPC at work. I was lucky I had one egg muffin leftover in the fridge as well.

I am really enjoying it. I have noticed such a change from my regular LCHF routine. I have no hunger, it's really kind of amazing. I can eat until I am full and then I am fine for hours. It takes some of the stress of meal planning out of the equation as well. All I have to do is keep cooking meat...
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I quit my re-carbing after a week, when all the benefits of ZC started to disappear. Still eating a few things rather than throw them out, but aiming back at ZC.

Oh, and I've gained three pounds since adding carbs back in.
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    My walking is going great. Around 15k steps daily and I find myself planning my day around walks to get lunch/get to work etc to keep my totals high. Am loving eating all the extra calories! I'm also fitter - I can tell when I climb stairs and escalators without getting out of puff!
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    Nope. Can't stick to one thing. I've changed my thing from the dog walking (don't worry, they'll still get walks) to no dairy. I started on the 6th, but I don't care. It's just until the end of June. Maybe longer, depending on how serious I am. I told my wife this. She knew. Yesterday she bought me burgers with blue-cheese in them. She hates blue cheese burgers. She got them because she loves me and knows that I love blue cheese burgers. She thought that blue cheese wouldn't matter because I don't have a lot of problems with it. *sigh* I do love her. But I feel bad. I don't think I'm going to eat the burgers, and she'll be upset that I didn't want them.

Freeze them? Have them in July. ;)

Stretching! Every day. One the days when I haven't done a full stretch routine I've still done some smaller ones throughout the day so I'm counting that. :) I've been feeling really great. Lots of energy and I've been more active. Helping out at the school, doing those cleaning jobs around the house that really suck so I only do them when they start to look really disgusting. :smiley: I cleaned down the entire kitchen today. All the tiles behind the stove that get splattered, the cupboard doors etc. It looks great.

• cottagegirl71
    cottagegirl71 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Well - my daily exercise thing hasn't happened but since I am only on day 16 of eating keto I am trying to focus on doing that consistently for the whole month. 4.4lbs lost in 15 days and I love how I feel! July will be my back to exercise month because I am tired of the jiggle when I wiggle :wink:
  • leahawilson
    leahawilson Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    No scale. A very hard habit to break. Hopefully I will be pleased come July. It was getting depressing.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I missed this thread. My Just One goal was not to weigh myself, and I have not weighed. :) I also joined the 30-Day HIIT Challenge from MFP and haven't missed a day yet, which is impressive considering I'm going it alone and I haven't exercised in years. Literally years.
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    My steps are going insane. 19k yesterday! I can't stop walking! It better show on the darn scale on Tuesday!
  • loridebacker
    loridebacker Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi I'd like to join in!! I did start on the 9th so on track with that! For the month of June my one is to stick to 20-30 net carbs, with a recarb 1 day a week. So far so good!:)
  • pedidiva
    pedidiva Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Still doing well with my back exercises!
  • me_ona_diet
    me_ona_diet Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Haven't quite been keeping up with mine - exercise 3 times per week. I've worked out once so far. But I'll keep at it.
  • Couchpotato39
    Couchpotato39 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I just started LCHF on June 1. So far, I have lost 13.8 lbs, am beginning to have more energy, feel better, and am generally sleeping better at night. This month I am focusing on diet and I plan to add in exercise in July. My goal is to keep my carb levels at 25 for this month and to log every day on MFP.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    My Just One is getting in a strength training workout at least 1x per week. I did my 1x this morning. Deadlifts and some accessory exercises. After this weekend I should be less busy, and hope to be able to increase the 1x to 2 or 3 a week back to a regular schedule.

I lost some fat off my arms so now the muscle is a bit more visible and it seems like my bi and triceps are large and my forearms are tiny. lol.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    My thing is adding arm muscle while not adding fat.

It is a discipline I'm monitoring closely. It is tempting to over eat to grow. But I am seeing slight gains in muscle mass weight on daily weigh ins over a 3 week span.

I know it is some muscle mass all over with doing deadlifts, but it is a good test of self control and breaking old habits.

I need it as part of learning how to maintain after reaching goal.
This discussion has been closed.