How much have you lost and how long did it take?

Options
faw1001
faw1001 Posts: 131 Member
Hi
I am curious how much each of you has lost on Low Carb and how long it took?
I have lost 15kg in 7 months :smiley:

Replies

• tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have lost 15kg since March 6th on low carb. But it's slowing down. this month only 2kg :(
  • mdallas6
    mdallas6 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I lost 40lbs within 6 months when I started. Now I am at 78 lbs but its been a year long process from that point on so a year and a half!
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    35# in about 4 months. Very effective at reducing hunger.
  • SnowFlinga
    SnowFlinga Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Technically I'm actually doing keto. I've lost 35 lbs. in 12 weeks using my simplified version of the keto diet (and doing very little exercise). Ping me if you're interested.
  • Amanda0984
    Amanda0984 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Trust me, I've done the lot. Weight watchers. Slimming world. 5:2. You name it. Nothing has kept the weight off other than going low carb, high fat. Back in Jan 2014 I was 176lbs for my 5'9 frame. Within 4 months I was 150lbs. Went on a holiday, ate well, in a new relationship crept up by 3-5lbs then came another holiday and Christmas. Come January 18th this year I was 166lbs again. Read a book called "the plan" and 20 days later I was back to 154lbs. Basically a series of food tests. That's when I noticed my body reacting to bread. Took it a step further and got myself a spiralizer to have vegetable "pasta" instead of starchy pasta. Cooked all my meals from scratch. Watched my sugar intake and loved cooking using butter and olive and coconut oil. Using all the full fat products and occasionally having things like sweet potato. Et voilà!! 145lbs! Aim was 140-145 so I'm right on track. Lowest weight in about 7 years and all because I've listened to my body and revolutionised how and what I eat. I'm fuller for longer. Snack regularly. Have more energy and clothes are starting to be my friends again.
  • Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50 kgs (110 lbs) since January the start of this year. My starting weight was 169 kgs(372 lbs) currently sitting at 117kgs (257 lbs). So thats taken me about 6 months. Things have started to slow down a bit since I moved and had surgery recently, but it's still on a downwards trend. Hoping to reach 100 kg mark by end of this year and so far that goal is well within my grasp!
  • htecky76
    htecky76 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    SnowFlinga wrote: »
    Technically I'm actually doing keto. I've lost 35 lbs. in 12 weeks using my simplified version of the keto diet (and doing very little exercise). Ping me if you're interested.

I do not know how to friend anybody or do anything on here as I am new to this site, but I'm wondering if you can help me please. I am on day 5 of this keto diet and everyday when I fill in my diary my saturated fats are too high my cholesterol is too high and other things are off. I'm not falling in where I'm supposed to and I don't know why. I set my macros to 5% carbs 20% protein and 75% fats with a calorie intake of 1360. I've only h ad breakfast and lunch and my cholesterol is at -41g and my saturated fat is at 5g. My vitamin C and vitamin A are both super high (guessing from supplements) yet my sodium and potassium are both very low. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm staying good with my macros though.
  • mongoosealamode
    mongoosealamode Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    26lbs in 4 months :)h7c9klz9nf9s.jpg
  • mamdore
    mamdore Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Htecky… you can ALTER your macros to be KETO mode in MFP..it is set up for a SAD diet so most people re doing low fat, low calorie…which is NOT LCHF...so you have to change your calories, fats, carbs, etc..and then you won't be seeing warnings from MFP, etc.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Been on keto for just over a year now (it was a year on 09/01/2015), have successfully eliminated 115 pounds. sorry, I don't know what the kilograms for that is. Have roughly 40 - 50 more pounds to go.
  • umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    htecky76 wrote: »
    SnowFlinga wrote: »

I do not know how to friend anybody or do anything on here as I am new to this site, but I'm wondering if you can help me please. I am on day 5 of this keto diet and everyday when I fill in my diary my saturated fats are too high my cholesterol is too high and other things are off. I'm not falling in where I'm supposed to and I don't know why. I set my macros to 5% carbs 20% protein and 75% fats with a calorie intake of 1360. I've only h ad breakfast and lunch and my cholesterol is at -41g and my saturated fat is at 5g. My vitamin C and vitamin A are both super high (guessing from supplements) yet my sodium and potassium are both very low. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm staying good with my macros though.

Ignore cholesterol and saturated fat limits, they are based on stupid invalidated science and no longer relevant for normal healthy folks.
  • jrussell313
    jrussell313 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't use percentages for your macros, use grams. Start with 50 grams of carbs, 100 grams of protein, and the rest in fat. Then work your way down on carbs and protein until ketosis sets in.
  • PowerSteph
    PowerSteph Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is my second round of Ketosis Diet. I reached goal weight last year and then sled of the path when my daughter 2 started staying up all night because of a rash. Now I'm back! I lost 16lbs the last time and it took about 3 months. I do have to be strict on calorie count though! I love pasta so it's hard but I feel so much better when I'm in Ketosis!
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Don't use percentages for your macros, use grams. Start with 50 grams of carbs, 100 grams of protein, and the rest in fat. Then work your way down on carbs and protein until ketosis sets in.

These are the same numbers I am using for my goals. The 50g fat / 100g protein / XXXg make up fat mantra is easy to remember. I find that on days when I DO get close to this I have eaten plenty of fatty meat and controlled the carbs. On these good days my fat intake is somewhere between 65%-70% of total calories. Also I find that I have heaps of energy on these "fatty" days and I seem to need less sleep.
  • maggielapelosa
    maggielapelosa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    9 lbs in 2 weeks. Ideal protein program. Lost 2 "off arm, 3 off thigh and 2 off stomach. Started at 142 now and 133.