CONFESSIONAL: was nearly out of the 250's, but then....

Options
Last night was my friend's birthday.

We golfed - walked the whole course, there were no carts left.

We got thirsty. And hungry.

We drank. And ate.

And then we went to Boston Pizza and drank more (at which point I threw my hands up in defeat and proclaimed: "give me a goffee with frangelico! Lots and LOTS of frangelico! Oh --- and whipped cream!"

I had another one of those. And a Burt Reynold's shot (butterripple liquer plus spiced rum). Then we go to the local bar/danceclub, and it's MGD for me.

After much dancing, we walk several blocks to the local pizza joint: chicken fingers for me sans garlic toast (but plus honey dill sauce) and perogies with sour cream and ketchup.

PROS: walked a lot golfing, used muscles I've not used much recently, got some fresh air, had fun, plenty of laughs with some great friends, then socialized, danced, stumbled home and enjoyed some foods and drinks that had been forbidden on my keto diet.

CONS: totally blew my keto diet. And blew the opportunity to break out of the 250's this weekend.

I was hovering at 250.4lb Friday morning....... and was so excited to be maybe, maybe if I was really REALLY good, see the 240's....

Scared to weigh myself now.

Not sure how hard of an impact those shots had on my ketosis.

*sigh*

Let's see what Friday morning brings......

Replies

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    You'll find out. Just get back on track. A quick way to get back in ketosis is by fasting. Maybe skip breakfastthe next day. Sounds like a good night tho!
  • Journey_258_thru
    Journey_258_thru Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks @totaloblivia Back on track & keto'ing on.
  • gemberly
    gemberly Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I lost a few pounds more than expected this last week, and I was feeling so hungry all weekend, so I pretty much stayed keto but had a brownie on saturday, got up this AM and I'm 4 lbs heavier, but I'm ready to get back to it. You will too.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Most anything you will see immediately is water weight gain from the water required to process all those carbs. As others said, key is to get back with it. You're body has already done the adapting thing before, so it will be easier this time. And a day or couple days like that can actually boost your metabolism (though for folks like me with real underlying issues, I so don't recommend it!)... So just look at it as a step. Think of how much worse you would have felt if you'd never started this path in the first place!
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you got rid of a ton of stress. Why not stay off the scale for a week and avoid more stress. Stick with the program and don't let the scale run your life. You got this!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Fvaisey wrote: »
    Sounds like you got rid of a ton of stress. Why not stay off the scale for a week and avoid more stress. Stick with the program and don't let the scale run your life. You got this!

I love this suggestion! To me, stress and guilt are worse for the waistline than any carb or calorie!!
  • SnowFlinga
    SnowFlinga Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Obviously social situations makes any kind of diet you're trying to stick to difficult. However, what this also should show you is that we actually have to be careful of how physical activity actually impacts our appetite. Grandma was correct when she said "work up an appetite". It's hard for some people to comprehend that lots of exercise can often times run up against actually trying to be successful with a diet. Any exercise will drive up your caloric requirements for the day, but it's very hard to calculate how much additional food you'll be able to eat based on the exercise you do. There's quite a bit of guess work and experimentation required to figure out how to correctly incorporate an exercise regimen into your dieting goals. First and foremost, what matters is what you're putting into your mouth. Don't fall into the trap of letting exercise become an excuse to eat the wrong things.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    SnowFlinga wrote: »
    Obviously social situations makes any kind of diet you're trying to stick to difficult. However, what this also should show you is that we actually have to be careful of how physical activity actually impacts our appetite. Grandma was correct when she said "work up an appetite". It's hard for some people to comprehend that lots of exercise can often times run up against actually trying to be successful with a diet. Any exercise will drive up your caloric requirements for the day, but it's very hard to calculate how much additional food you'll be able to eat based on the exercise you do. There's quite a bit of guess work and experimentation required to figure out how to correctly incorporate an exercise regimen into your dieting goals. First and foremost, what matters is what you're putting into your mouth. Don't fall into the trap of letting exercise become an excuse to eat the wrong things.

So true! I over exercised (for me!) the other day and was ravenous afterwards...like could eat everything! Plus I had to have a nap!