Starting (again) 1st June, anyone fancy joining?

Options

Replies

• Audra135
    Audra135 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Clo747 wrote: »
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has let life get in the way of actually finishing this program! Best intentions and all that. I've restarted yesterday in addition to taking on the 5 mile challenge! I'm not as sore as I thought I'd be, but man my fitness took a plummet during my "break". Oh, well. Onwards and upwards!
    What is the 5 mile challenge?
  • Clo747
    Clo747 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    @Audra135 Its just a challenge to hit 10,000 steps or 5 miles everyday (or in my case, every week day; weekends are MINE)! Just a little extra effort to be less sedentary. :)
  • missingone
    missingone Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ok I was searching for Body Revolution group to help keep me accountable. Can you guys please help hold me to staying on schedule? I love Body Revolution, but I have the HARDEST time staying on schedule. I normally only get 2-3 days in a week. I'm glad to see that some of you are substituting other cardio in too instead of the cardio DVD. :) My schedule for this week needs to be:

Monday 06/08 - Phase 1 Workout 2
    Tuesday 06/09 - Cardio 1
    Wednesday 06/10 - Phase 1 Workout 3
    Thursday 06/11 - Phase 1 Workout 4
    Friday 06/12 - Cardio 1
    Saturday 06/13 - Rest
  • missingone
    Options
    Clo747 wrote: »
    @Audra135 Its just a challenge to hit 10,000 steps or 5 miles everyday (or in my case, every week day; weekends are MINE)! Just a little extra effort to be less sedentary. :)

@Clo747 That's awesome. It's amazing how much the steps/miles help keep you going every day!
  • Zilla100
    Zilla100 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Here I go again, third round, never did finish Phase three the first or second times. Started again June 1. :)
  • missingone
    Options
    How is everyone's week going so far?

I did Phase 1 Workout 3 for the first time today, and LOVED IT. I'm staying on schedule so far this week!
  • Clo747
    Options
    Ooh, you're very good! I remember HATING 3 with a fiery passion! Lol! But plank ups are not my friend... Well done! Skipped cardio for a power walk, but back on it tomorrow. My last 1 & 2 before moving on next week. Nervous!
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    This morning I did workout 1 for the LAST time! (At least for this cycle.) I've been really proud of my dedication this time around. I know it's only been a week and a half-ish. But I am usually bored by now. Sooo YAY for keeping it up - How's everyone else doing?
  • jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I just started on Monday and did Day 2 of phase 1 workout 1 today; so far I am really loving this program. I did not get the cardio in yesterday (late breakfast and if I don't get my exercise in early in the morning it doesn't seem to happen later in the day). I like the variety and I like that it is a challenge but it builds up, I know future weeks are going to get much harder
  • tubway
    tubway Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I started last Thursday (6/4) again. However, this time I am using the 21 Day Fix nutrition plan but with Body Revolution workouts. I don't know about anybody else but I found myself eating the same recipes on Jillian's eating plan, usually the ones that were the easy to make with the fewest ingredients where I didn't have to go buy a bunch of random stuff that I never use. Plus, some of the recipes she paired together as meals served different amounts of people or I couldn't really get a handle on how much an actual serving was. So, anyway, I am doing a hybrid 21DF/BR because I like Jillian's workouts but not the meal plan so much. Anybody else trying this?
  • BigBigBertha
    BigBigBertha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, glad to see you are all still going strong!

Just completed workout 4 for the second time, and have to say that I actually don't mind workouts 3 and 4! Makes me feel more positive about the dreaded 5 and 6...

I am going to be facing my first BR scheduling challenge this weekend as am off to stay with family for 4 days. In the past stuff like this has spelled the end for BR... Going to try really hard to stay on track!
  • Zilla100
    Zilla100 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I usually do my own thing as far as meals and cardio. With the meal plan, Jillian's objective was to make many of the recipes equal a few servings (except for breakfast) so that you could cook on one day of the week and split these bigger recipes into your meals over a couple of days. The booklet tells you how many servings it makes, so I would just divide my that number to get one serving.
  • Clo747
    Options
    Into weeks 3 & 4 come Monday. Gonna miss my modified pushups... :'(
  • ainsliejane
    ainsliejane Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have just restarted too, on day 4. OMG I don't remember being this sore the first time round lol
  • Clo747
    Options
    Good luck to everyone doing their workout tomorrow!
  • missingone
    Options
    @Clo747 , @engodwin, @jenstanley13 - I wish I could "like" everyone's comments! I hope we all can stay on track this week and keep on trucking. :smiley:

@tubway I have not tried that, but it sounds like a really good work-around! I've heard great things about the 21-day fix. I have not tried any of Jillian's recipes, because most of them had too many weird ingredients and even though I live in a bigger city, I truly do not think our local grocery stores carry many of those ingredients. Living in the midwest, I don't consider her meal plan to be accessible for the "typical" person. :neutral:
  • missingone
    Options
    Does anyone else have trouble doing the moves in Phase 1, Workouts 3 & 4 where you lay on the ground on your side and do either crunches or leg lifts in that position? I just can't get the hang of it--my hip digs into the ground and it's so uncomfortable.
  • Clo747
    Options
    @missingone I think you're meant to be slightly more on your booty than your hips when doing that move. Unless, of course, I'm just doing it wrong!
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    OK I'm counting down the workouts left for cardio 1 - if I have to see that stupid "I'm shaking girl" for much longer... UGH and the "running man" - seriously hate those things! LOL Hope everyone else is still on track!
  • Clo747
    Options
    engodwin wrote: »
    OK I'm counting down the workouts left for cardio 1 - if I have to see that stupid "I'm shaking girl" for much longer... UGH and the "running man" - seriously hate those things! LOL Hope everyone else is still on track!
    Lol! I think running man rears up again in another workout as a cardio interval... Can't recall which, though! I get by by watching David fail spectacularly at the kickouts. What is he doing?! Lol