first week on keto

Options
mytworeason
mytworeason Posts: 5 Member
Hey guys ! I am brand new to this lifestyle and would really love to meet new people who are following the same amazing path.
My sticks (although I'm told are inaccurate after the initial few weeks ) have indicated ketosis since day 4 and have been consistent. What a beautiful euphoric feeling this gives one..I am beyond words excited for this journey!
Please add me so we can give && get support..xx Christina

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I don't use my diary much, but I accepted your friend request. Feel free to holler with any questions in particular. Also, if you aren't on this group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group they are more active and support all levels of low carb, including keto! Look forward to getting to know you.
  • mytworeason
    mytworeason Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I really appreciate it a lot
  • mommy2boysaz
    mommy2boysaz Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have done low carb, low carb high fat, and/or keto off and on for the past year or so. (More off than on, unfortunately.) But I am on day 3 with my carbs under 20 and so far so good! I feel so much better when I eat this way. I just need to make it a lifestyle instead of something I try to do "sometimes". Best wishes to you!
  • GoddessG
    GoddessG Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 17 and it's so easy. Never think about food any more unless I start to feel hunger. I keep boiled eggs in the refrigerator in case i'm really hungry NOW (which doesn't happen any more). A teaspoon or two of Smuckers 100% peanuts peanut butter is a quick snack if I am not going to be eating dinner for more than an hour.

Don't let it bother you if you see things turn less purple in the future. This can be because of several things. 1) buying the wrong keto-styx. My last back were from Amazon. They have an expiration date and were not nearly as exciting as the ones bought form the local drug stgore. 2) Drinking a lot of water can reduce the percent of ketones in the urine. Don't worry - ketosis is ketosis.

I do love having confirmation that I'm losing weight even when I'm in a mini-plateau (like now - 3 days at same weight even though I know the scales should be down)
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am too consider it a lifestyle and not some trendy diet, when people ask if I'm still on a diet I tell them there is no such thing as diet :)
    You can friend me anytime and good luck!