Evens out, right?

Options
AMPie73
AMPie73 Posts: 23 Member
Ate 1/3 of a large movie popcorn earlier but just did an intense cardio workout. Really hoping it'll even it out a little, lol. Kinda regretting the popcorn anyway since I felt kinda queasy after eating it.

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Yup. Popcorn's not a bad fuel for an intense workout. Carbs cause problems in excess, especially in the context of excess calories. But they're actually useful for some things in moderation. :)
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Carbs are good fuel if you burn them up !

I add carbs for spikes in activity. Significant spikes like a leg workout day or 5K jog.

Maybe 50 more

It is just a thing. Don't let it freak you out.

Keep on with lots of good days and don't beat yourself up!
  • AMPie73
    Options
    Thanks for the support! Working at trying to keep net carbs below 50 but still haven't quite got it down yet. One day started time.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Ummm, google the calories in a large theatre popcorn (1/3) and also in your intense cardio workout and see if they are anywhere near equal. Weightloss in the kitchen, fitness in the gym. That said, what's done is done and now you are on track again, right? ;)
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    AMPie73 wrote: »
    Thanks for the support! Working at trying to keep net carbs below 50 but still haven't quite got it down yet. One day started time.

I keep seeing net carbs

I don't subtract out fiber. I need to do that.

It may be that I am actually lower net carb than I think.

• AMPie73
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Ummm, google the calories in a large theatre popcorn (1/3) and also in your intense cardio workout and see if they are anywhere near equal. Weightloss in the kitchen, fitness in the gym. That said, what's done is done and now you are on track again, right? ;)

Yes indeed! Back on track.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    Popcorn makes my tummy hurt.
  • AMPie73
    Options
    I've noticed that too the last few times I've had it. I think next time I go to movies I will skip the popcorn and smuggle in some nuts instead.
  • KeithF6250
    KeithF6250 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Weightloss in the kitchen, fitness in the gym.
    I love that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H5uWRjFsGc

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Yeah, we get knocked down, but we get up again, lol! Love that song @KeithF6250 - reminds me of an MuchMusic gig I was at when they were taping at a ski area. Good times!