Motivation, Support and Accountability Thread, June 8th - 14th

Options
Italian_Buju
Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
Hello everyone.....hope you are all doing well....

I noticed the thread dying in numbers last week, I hope that is not a bad sign....

I had a bad week, food wise, after my pet was put down, I have yet to control my night time eating...I am hoping tomorrow being Monday I can really get back on track....

This week my goals are:

1. Proper morning hydration
2. Post to this thread everyday
3. Log my food six days (But be mindful what I eat on my day off)
4. Get to the YMCA three times
5. Make my 10 thousand steps every day
6. Try and get some sun a few days this week (it helps my skin)
7. Go to bed by 10pm four nights this week
8. Manage my stress levels and try not to stress eat, be mindful of it

What are your goals this week??

Weekly Mini Goal

List three positive attributes about yourself.

Replies

• Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Thinking of you Italian, you'll be back on track soon for sure!

My goals:
    1: 30gm of protein for breakfast daily (this still isn't habit, but my day goes so much better when it happens!)
    2: No morning coffee. I'm gearing up to re-do the Paleo AIP, and I need to stop the coffee for it. No guilt if I have a cup later in the day, though, this is step one of three!
    3: Keep up my daily walking goal, have had a great couple weeks in that respect!
    4: Drink a liter of regular (not sparkling) water daily. I had so many swallowing problems this past year that I'm afraid of drinking plain water. I've choked more often on it than on any other liquid. But my muscles are working better now, MG is under better control, and I have to break this mental block I have on it.
  • zilannoj
    zilannoj Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Italian, I am so sorry for your loss.

Goals this week:
    • Walk to work everyday
    • Drink 100 oz. of water everyday
    • No eating out (this is more about spending than health, but hey, it works)

Three positive attributes:
    1. I am able to look at things objectively and understand different points of view.
    2. I can see the positive in anything.
    3. Though I'm a slow learner, once I master something, it's pretty much there forever.

I made potstickers from scratch. They were incredible, and the dough was so easy (just water, flour and a bit of salt). I also made chicken & shrimp fried rice. I'm at the point now where I can make just about anything from scratch, though I still haven't tried sushi yet.
  • craftscout
    craftscout Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Sushi is fun, but I don't do it often because it takes so long for a family of 4. I like making onigiri better; they're very fast with a mold.

Goals this week:
    1. Get back on track with strength training.
    2. Try to not eat out too often.
    3. Get 3200 calories burned a day (per Fitbit).
    4. Walk with my backpack and 5lbs of weight in it.
    5. Finish in the middle of the 5K GoRuck challenge this weekend. :)

Hmmmm, 3 positive things about me? Does being snarky count? ;) no? Okay, then let's say I have a good sense of humor. I am an awesome cook. And I know a little about a huge number of topics; I love trivia, data, and just learning in general.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    My goal this week is to walk before week, even if it just around the block.

I'll post about my positive attributes later; feeling grumpy and blah. This cold is hitting me hard.
  • Ginnaye2014
    Ginnaye2014 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This week my goals are:

1. eat enough protein in the morning
    2. Cut back on the carbs
    3. Work out two or more times before Sunday

Three great things about me:
    I care deeply about the people around me and try my best to help and protect them.
    I love to make people laugh.
    I don't let go until I'm done.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I didn't post goals yesterday i was thinking a lot about them. I have been stuck sitting at 318, (2 lbs from my first 10 lbs goal) for weeks now, i go up one down one, up one down one. I am eating obviously to maintain my weight. i dont think i can eat less at this point but i can eat healthier. So here goes

1) drink my water 8 cups a day. I can do this, i didnt go back to pop i just stopped drinking as much
    2) meet my protien goals every day...
    3) replace my cheap complex carbs
    4) exercise twice more this week (yesterday i mowed the lawn)
    5) stop giving in to my husband who has slipped back into buying us junk food

Three positive things about me:
    1) i am very compassionate person who wants everyone happy
    2) i have a strong work ethic and i know i am teaching that to my kids
    3) i dont take crap from other people to heart usually i think thats a strong survival skill
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    hello everyone, I got back from vacation a few days ago, I'm kind of starting all over again. I have been tracking all my food and making everything I eat. My husband and I are trying to save money so I am now meal planing for the week, I make a list of the food we just need for our meals and only buy what we need. so far I am doing great. but taking baby steps. I also got back into working out and I love how I feel when I work out.

my goals are to make every meal at home
    exercise 30 mins a day

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    Today was good

I got to the gym again ;)

I only got there once last week, as I would have went Thursday but spent my gym time at the vet

But I plan to go back this Thursday...

I spent a lot of time today convincing myself to go instead of just coming home, and I am glad I did!
  • shballa
    shballa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My goal last week was to get on the stationary bike or elliptical 3 times. I made it for 2 on the bike. So my goal this week will be to get on the elliptical at least once.
    3 positive things about me are: 1. I have a lot of patience and perseverance (read stubbornness), 2. I am fairly intelligent and good at figuring things out, 3. I am generally happy with my life.
  • matfatcowboy
    matfatcowboy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm back for round 3. I've learned that I don't do well when. I'm off of here. Like really not well. Like I have to start over. (Sigh). But I will continue, I will persevere.

Goals this week:
    Log everything I put in my pie hole. ALL OF IT!!
    Be active for 30 min 3x
    stay away from drive through the rest of the week.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    @teacherchana

Here is this weeks!!

Welcome back Mat! I missed you!!
  • matfatcowboy
    matfatcowboy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thanks italian, I didn't realize how much I missed being here. I feel more capable and accountable allready.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Just noticed that autocorrect changed work into week. While I'm tempted to say that is why I haven't made progress on this goal is because of that, it's not true. I just haven't wanted to get up early. But there is always the next day to try again...

So I thought about three attributes I have that help me live healthy. They are:
    1) I love food...yes, it is an attribute because I am not picky about food with few exceptions (tofu, cooked fruit, asparagus and seafood) so I don't have a hard time eating vegetables, whole grains, etc. Eating healthy is easy in that regard; it's the emotional part that is hard.
    2) I am a life- long learner; reading, doing research, investigating new ideas and applying all that to my life is exciting. It has been life changing at times. For example, reading The Hunger Fix and going gluten free totally changed what I thought I knew about headaches, acid reflux, and skin care. Or how teaching a unit on sustainable agriculture led to a renewed interest in an old gardening hobby, which has really helped with my meditation and increased my activity level.
    3) I am resilient. Falling off the wagon, slip ups, over indulgence, laziness, giving up, whatever you call it, it does not stop me.

My Jawbone Up is not working so I need to find the replacement policy. I am addicted to my step count and feel terribly anxious not knowing what it is. Not sure that is good or not....
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Doing well this week! The liter of non-sparkling water is still tough, but I picked up a water bottle with a straw and its cut down on the choking/ sputtering quite a bit. Step goal has been easy, and morning protein is becoming a habit. I miss the coffee first thing in the day but I'm surviving!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I have made good of my goals except the cheap carbs for healthy complex carbs! I am still not past my barrier, but i certainly am refocusing, i decided that in order to improve my overall health i needed to fix my emotions so i signed up to see a psychotherapist. It was intense but i think over all good. I am hoping it can help with some of my food addiction too.

Welcome back Mat!
    Sounds like a not so bad week for everyone!

• craftscout
    craftscout Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    craftscout wrote: »
    Goals this week:
    1. Get back on track with strength training.
    2. Try to not eat out too often.
    3. Get 3200 calories burned a day (per Fitbit).
    4. Walk with my backpack and 5lbs of weight in it.
    5. Finish in the middle of the 5K GoRuck challenge this weekend. :)

Hmmmmm, not so great last week on some of my goals:

1. Only once last week.
    2. Did okay. Ate out for lunch twice during the week, and then lunch and dinner yesterday because we were out of town for the GoRuck.
    3. 3168, 3365, 2825, 3604, 3222, 3303, and 4331
    4. Yep did that. Not every time, but a couple of times.
    5. Rocked this!! :)

It's hard getting my workouts (and everything else I need to do) done with my kids underfoot. :(
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    My week was not bad, just super busy so I didn't really get to check in :(