Carbs, Fat, Protein Macros in mfp - what % do you use as goal? (1 year post op RNY)

Options
SisterScaleback
SisterScaleback Posts: 2 Member
edited June 2015 in Social Groups
I have heard so many various macro levels for WLS when it comes to carbs, fats, and proteins. I have tried various settings but currently I am at 30% Carbs, 45% Protein, 25% Fat. My weight loss is slowing to 1 lb a week on average. I work out weight lifting at the gym these past few months 3-4 days per week so I need carbs to burn but I'm afraid the carbs are slowing my loss...or building muscle is. Anyone out there have a suggestion for what to set the custom macros at? (p.s my dietician won't give numbers...says only to focus on protein 80-100 grams per day but I get in everyday and am still slowing or stalling)

Replies

• Dannadl
    Dannadl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    If find my fitness pal a little hard to work with in this area. But, here's what I do...I shoot for 80-120g of protein, no more than 50 net grams of carbs, 20-30g of fiber, no more than 25 g of non-naturally occurring, added sugars. And around 800-1200 calories a day depending on the day. I'm 3 years post op. Trying to lose the last 40-50lbs. I exercise strenuously 6 days a week for 45 min-2hours including running. So I shoot high on my protein. Because I was stalled and talked to the dietitian at my surgeon's office that's why I'm on no more than 50 net carbs a day (carb grams minus fiber grams).
  • ssbeadlady
    ssbeadlady Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I tried to make changes to my diary setting goals but they wouldn't save. Is this a feature we have to pay for under the premium feature that was recently added to the website? If not how do I make the changes?
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I am at 40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fat.
  • Warhawk79
    Warhawk79 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I just aim to get in at least 80 grams of protein a day and keep my calories at 1300 to 1400. I follow MFP's recommended calorie goal to lose 2 pounds a week. I don't really worry about carbs and fat if I am getting in enough protein and staying at a calorie deficit. I also walk most days. It works for me. I am 16 months out from RNY, I have lost 170 pounds and I am 15 pounds away from a healthy BMI. I lose 2 or more pounds a week.
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I do 40/30/30. Honestly if you are lifting and losing 1lb a week at a year out, I think you are doing great.