Fall '15 babies

Replies

• poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Welcome Brittney

@Summer8it glad the test wasn't too terrible. Hope the results come quickly and are for no diabetes! !

@katiebrew I'm 26 weeks today and starting to feel better, but I swear 23-25 weeks I was so fatigued. I felt barely functional at some points. The afternoon is the worst!

@helenmelon29 sounds like they have a great plan in place! I wish I had been able to do a vbac last time... but know now it was the best decision. And now that it's not an option. There isn't any thinking about it on my part!

Last week I was up 27 lbs at 25 weeks, so monday I went back to a 2000 calorie goal and logging. I'm down 2 lbs, which I'm happy to see. So, now at 26 weeks I'm up 25 lbs. Much higher than I'd like, but feeling confident about logging again and hopefully I can keep the gain to my goal of 35 lbs total!

@KristenE83, I feel sort of the same way. I'm trying to eat well, trying to exercise... i know I can't be nuts about the numbers, so I'm pretty relaxed about it. But, I found I was being too relaxed. Eating more and stuff I knew I didn't need. So a bit more aware from here on out! I keep reminding myself that I'll gain what I gain... and I just have to keep in mind that whatever I gain I've got to loose later... so... trying to keep it to 35 lbs total!

We are due for a fantastic weather weekend! I'm looking forward to some outside time
  • RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    Hi ladies! How is everybody? Been off for a bit due to busy work projects, but the boss is out of town so I can play catch up now. :)

Welcome Brittany!

Hope the diabetes tests come back ok. Even if they don't, at least it's manageable. :)

I've gained 10 lbs in 21 weeks through tracking and eating better than I did my first pregnancy. I had an emergency C-section with the first child. I don't remember the recovery being that bad. I didn't even take my pain meds after the 2-3 day. Hopefully that will be the case with this one. The doc said VBAC have a god success rate (10,000 babies delivered and only 1 died), but for me he would recommend another C-section. I'm ok with that.

Been so tired lately. Glad others are too!
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    It's weird, but my energy levels popped up after I hit the third trimester mark. I still get tired, but it's better than it was before.

That said, I am really ready for today to be over. Work has been ridiculously stressful, and to top it off, I woke up to no water in the house. We're on a well, and the pump motor for our filtration system is shot. We're waiting for a repairman now. Good thing I stocked up on seltzer recently, it's all I've been able to drink today!
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Hi ladies! Welcome to everyone new. =)

I'm 19 weeks+3 days (going in for my next appointment on Wednesday). Weight has shot up a bit, so I'm trying to just deal with my hunger a little more and try to be more accurate with my logging since I seem to get a bit lazy towards dinner time. I have finally had boy predictions from family members, but I'm still convinced it's a girl. I'm sure I'll be wrong!

In addition to being tired nonstop, we will be traveling to Japan on June 30th to visit family. I'll be exactly 22 weeks when we're traveling, so I am VERY anxious! So getting a handle on my eating and starting to exercise in the meantime should make me feel a little bit better overall and I'm just trying to get focused on being as healthy as I can be for an awful 10 hour flight. :p

Anyone have experience flying while pregnant?
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Hi all

Sarieth- when I was pregnant last time I went to Paris at 25 weeks. Flight was only 1.5 hour though. I had no probs and felt great. I was going to stay with my best friend for long weekend. I'm sure you be ok esp if u can get up and walk up and down a bit and drink plenty water.

All ok here. Jumped up couple of pounds in last few days and feel bloated. Have eaten loads crap tho. So today I'm keeping it healthy. Going to do DVD and focus on arms and walk dogs.

Have a good day
  • brittk2013
    brittk2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Good morning! What's everyone got on tap for this week? I'm enjoying some turkey sausage and strawberries this morning and trying to decide what I'm going to eat for the rest of this week. Also hoping to meet my step goal every day.
  • poke987
    Our carpets are getting cleaned Wednesday morning, first thing... so I've divided the rooms I need to go thru in half; lll do two today and two tomorrow... in addition to my usual monday morning weekend recovery projects, ill be doing housework the bulk of the day. I have 2 horses to massage this afternoon... thinking that will be enough movement for me today! Will just need to be careful and not go way over my calorie goal. My hope is to maintain until my next apt (which would be 3 weeks between them) by being diligent in logging and sticking to my calorie goal! I'm a week into logging again and feeling pretty confident! Hubby took the boys to see the new jurassic park movie last night. I really wanted the fried foods our dinner theater serves, but convinced myself to stay home and go for a jog/walk and then I had a little ice cream as my treat. I hit my 10,000 steps daily, pretty much without fail... but I also am trying to add some other intentional movement in there too, atleast 4 days a week.

I havn't flown preggers. I'm no help there! Hubby has to haul a horse to Tennessee, from here in maine in july. I'm trying to decide if I want to go or not... it's about 13 hrs pretty much non stop (gas up and back on the road) so I'm leaning towards staying home with the 2 littlest boys and sending him and the 2 older kiddos to do the job and maybe explore and adventure for a few days! We have some other camping trips and family outings planned for the summer, so I'll have plenty of time for fun... all closer to home!
  • poke987
    Our carpets are getting cleaned Wednesday morning, first thing... so I've divided the rooms I need to go thru in half; lll do two today and two tomorrow... in addition to my usual monday morning weekend recovery projects, ill be doing housework the bulk of the day. I have 2 horses to massage this afternoon... thinking that will be enough movement for me today! Will just need to be careful and not go way over my calorie goal. My hope is to maintain until my next apt (which would be 3 weeks between them) by being diligent in logging and sticking to my calorie goal! I'm a week into logging again and feeling pretty confident! Hubby took the boys to see the new jurassic park movie last night. I really wanted the fried foods our dinner theater serves, but convinced myself to stay home and go for a jog/walk and then I had a little ice cream as my treat. I hit my 10,000 steps daily, pretty much without fail... but I also am trying to add some other intentional movement in there too, atleast 4 days a week.

I havn't flown preggers. I'm no help there! Hubby has to haul a horse to Tennessee, from here in maine in july. I'm trying to decide if I want to go or not... it's about 13 hrs pretty much non stop (gas up and back on the road) so I'm leaning towards staying home with the 2 littlest boys and sending him and the 2 older kiddos to do the job and maybe explore and adventure for a few days! We have some other camping trips and family outings planned for the summer, so I'll have plenty of time for fun... all closer to home!
  • RosieRaz
    Finally got the bill for the "mother 35+" testing...after $1300 in adjustments, $630 covered by insurance, Out of pocket is $450. Ouch. Still not the $1000 someone mentioned on here a while back, but wasn't really expecting that cost. Oh the joys of various baby related bills appearing in the mail.
  • summer8it
    Sarieth, I flew at 27 weeks pregnant last time, but it was a short flight, less than 2 hours, nothing like a long haul to Japan! My only problem was that there were high winds and turbulence, and I wasn't able to get out of my seat for the last hour, and OOOH did I have to pee! But I also did a 14-hour-straight road trip last month, which I think in a way is harder. We only made 3 pit stops for gas, so those were my only chances to stretch or walk or go to the bathroom. It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it might be. Bring yourself some extra snacks and anything you think might help you be more comfortable in your airplane seat.

My latest issue is that I've decided that I want to switch to a different OB within the same practice I'm already using. There's nothing really wrong with my doctor, except he's a man, and I'm realizing that I would be much more comfortable having a woman attend my delivery. My first pregnancy ended in a second trimester miscarriage and I had an extremely traumatic time in the hospital doing an induced delivery, which was overseen by a male OB because my own (female) OB was out of the country on vacation. My current OB just reminds me too much of the doctor that f***** up that delivery so badly. Since I'm planning to do a drug-free hypnobirth, it's crucial that I feel confident and calm, and whenever I think of having my current OB in charge, it stresses me out.

My husband thinks I should call my OB now and explain that I want to switch to one of his partners. I'm just kinda dreading that awkward conversation, and afraid my chart will get marked with some code that means "annoying, bitchy patient."
  • summer8it
    Well, I did it: I fired my OB.

Only problem is that I did it BEFORE I found out that their practice doesn't allow pregnant women to switch providers within the practice. So now I have to find a completely new doctor in a different practice. But it's going to be OK -- I have leads on doctors at two different practices that I think will be a much better fit for the kind of natural birth I want to have. One is a very crunchy-sounding OB, the other is a practice with certified nurse midwives who do all the deliveries unless a problem occurs that requires the assistance of a doctor.

I did, however, spend a good half hour freaking out after talking to my now-ex-doctor. But it's done!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    @RosieRaz ouch! I hope that's the worst of the bills for you :(

I've never flown before in my life (it's on my bucket list though) so I'm no help. Sorry!

@summer8it I think it's good you're getting a doctor that you feel comfortable with. That is soooooo key! Let me know how the hypnobirth goes. I have all the materials at home, I just have to practice them. I'm sort of nervous about the whole hypnosis thing though so I'm not sure that it will work if I'm not totally relaxed using it. Have you tried it before ?
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Oh, and I had my followup ultrasound today. The ultrasound technicians aren't supposed to give us any medical information, but the technician told me that the placenta has moved well out of the way! So happy to hear that! Now I'm just waiting to hear it officially from my midwife and we're set. I will ask how far away it is though and what the chances are of needing a c-section. Hopefully they are slim to none though.

This week I'm hoping to tackle our severely overgrown garden out back. There will likely be lots of heavy labour involved so I'd like to get that done now before I'm too great with child ;)
  • helenmelon29
    Hi all, start of another week!

Poke- sounds like a busy day. I wouldn't be sure about the long drive either. If u went would u take the little kids too? As prob long trip for them? I know Isaac would be hard work travelling for hours.

Summer- I really wouldn't worry re changing doctors. You need to do whatever is best and what u feel most comfortable with. When u give birth here u don't have a doctor/ consultant present, it's midwife led (unless any probs arise). So last time I never saw a doctor or consultant until I went in the operating theatre for c section. This time I have had a consultant appointment but I will still be midwife led.

I went to my second pilates class yesterday, was a bit harder and enjoyed it. Feel better for doing something more than just walking, its not that cheap though but think worth the money.

I have my 28 week appointment next week and get blood re taken etc so hopefully all be ok. Last time I was low on iron at this point so we will see.

Best get on.
    Helen

• RosieRaz
    Summer - Good luck changing doctors. I changed doctors from the last pregnancy to this one. I just didn't get a good signals during the last birth. This doctor should be good. Both are male. I really don't have a preference on the gender of the doctor. After the first kid, all modesty/privacy is out the window anyway. :blush: I do think it's weird that they wouldn't let you see a doctor within the same practice. One would think they would want the money no matter which doctor you saw. Chances are, one of them would have covered your birth if the other was unavailable anyway. That just doesn't make much sense.

Suzanne - Glad your placenta moved. Fun birth goodness right there. lol. (I'm just giggling to myself - don't think I've ever said, or typed, "glad your placenta moved". Oh the fun pregnancy conversations!)

I have the 21 week ultrasound tomorrow. Kinda annoyed they didn't combine it with the doctor appointment, so I have to go back in two weeks to see the doctor. (Don't they realize how valuable PTO is?) But I do get to see pics of the little one and that's always good. I was able to feel him from the outside of my tummy for the first time over the weekend. I asked my husband if he wanted to feel it and he was "Eh. I'll have plenty of time to touch him when he's here." Apparently it's not as big of a deal for others.

• summer8it
    Suzanne, glad to hear you got good results from your ultrasound! I was so worked up about needing to find a new OB practice yesterday that I didn't mention that my 3 hour glucose test results came back as normal. This is a good thing, especially considering that on my way home from my 1 hour glucose test, I went to Trader Joe's and discovered their Cocoa Cookie Butter. It's better than Nutella.

I did hypnobirthing with my son's birth, and it was great. It wasn't pain-free (particularly crowning) but the discomfort was totally manageable. The best thing was that I felt totally calm and confident, utterly certain that my body knew what to do to birth my baby. I was so calm that when I walked into the hospital -- after transition, at 8cm dilated -- the nurses at the maternity ward desk didn't believe I was really in labor!

For that birth, I'd done actual Hypnobirthing classes with an instructor, which turned out to be private classes because no one else signed up for the session! I also had some tapes, which I listened to every night before bed. (Actual cassette tapes, which I listened to on a mini boom-box. It was 2002.) I'd never really felt like I was "under hypnosis," either while practicing or during labor, but the tapes were really relaxing, and the affirmations did their job of sticking in my subconscious. I highly recommend hypnobirthing!

This time around, I downloaded a bunch of tracks from Google Play and have been listening to them since about 16 weeks. The funny thing was that I couldn't find ANY recordings with an American voice, only British and Australian. One of the British therapists reminds me very much of the mousy little nurse on "Call the Midwife," so I pretend she's talking to me.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    @RosieRaz haha! Yes pregnancy conversations are actually pretty hilarious when you think about it! :)

@summer8it yay for good glucose results! I bet that's a huge weight off your shoulders! Enjoy your "better than nutella" treat! :)

I have listened to my hypnobirthing tracts and I do find them very relaxing and not like how I would expect hypnosis to feel like. They are actually almost like how a yoga instructor would talk to you, if that makes any sense? Like just relax and connect to baby and your body, be calm, etc. I guess I should start on them now. Last time I didn't start until 36 weeks and I didn't really invest myself into it so obviously they didn't work.

I hope everyone's appointments and ultrasounds go well! :)

I'm still up right now because restless leg syndrome is the WORST!
  • helenmelon29
    Morning

Summer - glad your test went ok. I only like nutella on a spoon! (not on toast or anything) lol. Wow your birth of your son sounds like went exactly to plan. Im hoping for it to be straight forward this time.

Suzanne - glad placenta has moved up. I missed that in the last read though.

Nothing here to report, we have had an expensive month with having kitchen /utility painted and Isaac's big boy room. Plus bought some patio furniture and now just bought Isaac school uniform.
    Ive started to add a little pack of baby nappies and wipes to my shop every other week or so. and will buy a couple of pink things as everything we have is white. Then the only thing I wasnt to buy is a baby carrier. Im looking at the egrobaby 360, not sure if thats in US too? Any advice on them welcome.

Im up 15lb at the mo but feel massive as think its gone on right round my body, where last time it was all bump. Im 27 weeks so not complaining.

I have a weeding to go 1 August so just got a nice maxi dress to try which think I will feel comfy in. Ordered another dress too but will have to see what I think when it comes. Anyone else got any summer weddings?

• JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    I've got a summer wedding the beginning of July. I think I will be around 24-25 weeks by then and I plan on going the maxi route as well. I have a nice dress that I could wear, but it's the wrong season (fabric is thick) and I wore it to a the brides brother's wedding the year before last. Maybe I will go shopping for a new dress though... my maxi isn't maternity and I really don't want to stretch it out. Buying a maternity dress for a one day event just seems like a waste of money to me though.
  • KristenE83
    KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
    Hey Ladies! Haven't checked in in a few days. So, something changed this weekend.... the babies must have grown and are going nuts. I feel so much pressure (like they don't fit!) and they won't stop moving! It's actually driving me crazy lol (I'm generally not a fan of pregnancy... just the baby part) Has anyone else hit that mark yet?