Fall '15 babies

Replies

• JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Lol I was sitting on the floor the other day and when I stood up I realized that baby must have been pushing right up into my ribs.... so sore! I'm done with pregnancy now. Haha, I want to get back to losing weight.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    I agree that buying dressing for wedding bit of a waste but I really want to feel nice, so prob worth it.

I feel like baby up by my ribs, mainly in afternoons when at work, must be the way I sit after lunch.

We struggling with names. My OH fav I like but not 100%, we have another but again not 100%! I wasn't sure with Isaac and that had to grow on me. (OH picked that one too so maybe he knows best as love it now!)
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Everyone, please think positive thoughts for me that I'll be accepted as a patient at the OB practice I want to use! I had two good possibilities for new OBs, one a solo practitioner and the other a larger practice with doctors and midwives. Today I found out the solo doctor won't take me on -- she won't take transfers after 20 weeks, plus she'll be out of the country on my due date. The other practice wanted to look at my medical records before accepting me, so I faxed over a records release request to my old doctor today. I had NO IDEA this was going to be such a challenge!

Suzanne, I wouldn't worry too much about stretching out your dress. I still haven't bought any maternity clothes, and I've been wearing cotton dresses that stretch over my bump but look normal after I take them off.

My baby is still lying transverse, and I'm waiting for baby to flip head-down! If it hasn't moved by next week, I'm going to start doing inversions per the Spinning Babies website.
  • KristenE83
    KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
    Sending good OB vibes your way, Summer!!!!!! Hopefully you will be accepted and more comfortable with this new one. Crossing my fingers for you!

So glad I'm not alone, Helen and Suzanne!!!! I love these boys but calm down Bro's! Lol
    After my complaining I'm feeling a bit more grateful for these little wiggle worms. I just found out my friends 5 day old baby has a rare liver complication/disease. I'm praying she pulls through. I feel so sad for my friend, and can't imagine how she's handling this. Counting my blessings for sure!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    I'm sending some positive OB thoughts and baby turning thoughts your way too Summer! :) Two weeks ago I had an ultrasound and baby was head down. This past week he is feet down and I didn't even feel the flip. I was only 21 weeks though. :)

Kristen, that's so sad about your friends baby. :( it's one of those things that you never expect to happen to you even though it to am totally could. Sometimes I take my blessings for granted.
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Hello all!

@Summer8it I'm hopeful they will accept you! I wouldn't have imagined it would be hard either!! But, I agree that feeling comfortable is so important! ! With my first pregnancy I was using the midwives part of the practice. When we lost the baby and had to have a D&C the Dr from the practice who took over my case was fantastic. I felt so supported and she made it as ok as the while thing could have been I think. I immediately went to the Drs when we got pregnant again. No question after that experience where I wanted to be!

I did hypnobirthing with my first, and didn't feel the "hypnosis" part per se, just calm and relaxed despite the discomfort and supreme confidence that my body knew what it was doing, I just had to work on staying relaxed and letting nature take course. Obviously I didn't deliver the way I wanted... but found the whole thing very helpful none the less! Bill and I went to classes with an instructor and I did the listening at home on my own.

We don't have any weddings, but I wore a regular dress (empire waist, but a zipper too!) to a graduation but that was a few weeks back already. I have 2 cotton dresses that I'm wearing now, that aren't maternity. I sometimes wear one with leggings like a top! If we had some important event I'd probably buy something, but since it's a low key summer I'll make do!

@helenmelon29 we still don't talk names. It's too hard!

I feel this little one mostly down low, real real low! Like I wonder if an arm or leg will poke out some days! Sheeze.

I'm glad to hear the placenta moved @JustAnotherGirlSuzanne

I've got to go in and do my 1hr this week. Just not sure which day. They gave me the lab slip and drink and told me the dates between when I need to do it. I'm hopeful I can plan it into an outing as the hospital is a 45 min drive and it needs to be done at that lab.

Waiting on the call from my hay guy. We will put up 500 bales or so, and I suspect it will be this weekend. Havnt decided how many bales I'll actually touch, but my plan is to throw as many as I can! We shall see. With my second son we were getting it the beginning of the week that he was born. I got put on straight driver duty, this time I think I'm ok to make myself somewhat useful! I like "doing" things... proving to myself and the world that I'm making a baby, not disabled! My sister in law used the pregnancy card to get out of everything it seemed. Maybe I was being judgmental, but it seemed like she used it as an excuse all the time. Drove me nuts

Ok. Better get back to working, plenty to do around here
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Quick update from me - had my 20 week appointment and baby was normal from head to toe. I was fairly convinced it was a girl, and I was WRONG! We're having a little boy. =)
  • summer8it
    Sarieth, how exciting! I adore being the mother of a boy.

Just take my advice and make sure you use an easily-washable paint on the nursery wall that will be next to the changing table. :)
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    I hope your test goes well, @poke987!

And yay for a boy @sarieth05 ! Me too! :)
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    @summer8it - :D I will take your sage advice to heart. I've already had friends tell me that I'll need to become more crafty at avoiding pee streams.

@JustAnotherGirlSuzanne - yay for boys! I was so convinced it was a girl, I was a little shocked but I got over that pretty quickly when I went to a store and started checking out cute little boy clothes. It has begun!
  • summer8it
    Could we start a roll call here, so we can keep track of who is here and when we're due? I'll start, and then each person could copy the roll call part into their own message so that eventually we'll have a list of all of us who are participating on this thread.

summer8it (Summer), due 1 Sep, baby's gender unknown. Also have one son, age 12.
  • katiebrew
    katiebrew Posts: 103 Member

katiebrew (Katie), due Sept 22 (with C-Section scheduled for Sept 16) with a baby girl :). Also have one son, age 22 months.

• JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne (Suzanne), sue October 23 with a baby boy. I also have a 12 month old.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne

summer8it (Summer), due 1 Sep, baby's gender unknown. Also have one son, age son, age 12.

katiebrew (Katie), due Sept 22 (with C-Section scheduled for Sept 16) with a baby girl :). Also have one son, age 22 months.

JustAnotherGirlSuzanne (Suzanne), due October 23 with a baby boy. I also have a 12 month old.

• JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    I think thats what you meant for us to do?

I'm sorry about the grammar and messed up wording... I'm not sure what's up with my autocorrect... or maybe it's just baby brain. Either way, I'm going to sleep, lol. Maybe the next person can correct that. Also, my 12 mo old is a girl, if that matters.
  • nwright612
    nwright612 Posts: 974 Member
    summer8it (Summer), due 1 Sep, baby's gender unknown. Also have one son, age 12.
    NWright612 (Natalie), due October 27.

We just found out a few weeks ago that we're having a girl. I just hit the six month mark, and it still seems wierd to my husband and I, especially since I've gained a whopping total of about 7 pounds, and still have virtually no baby bump. The doctor says everything's normal, I guess it's nothing to worry about. and I won't complain either; it makes working a lot easier. :)
  • helenmelon29

Roll Call:

NWright612 (Natalie), due October 27

JustAnotherGirlSuzanne (Suzanne), due October 23 with a baby boy. I also have a 12 month old girl.

Helenmelon29 (Helen), due 17 September with baby girl. Also have son, nearly 3 years old.
  • helenmelon29
    Hello all

Summer - did you get sorted with your doctor?

Poke - how did your glucose test go?

Sarieth - congrats on a baby boy.

I have my 28 week appointment today so guess that Im in the 3rd trimester now. Feeling good at the mo. My back can be a little achy but not too bad. Im getting a bigger bump but not really noticing it at the mo - doesnt get in the way yet. Im up 17lb now as jumped a few pounds this week, but think I have put on weight in general rather than just on my bump.

We now have more or less sorted our son new room so once we have moved him and he is settled I am going to sort the baby stuff as all dumped in the smallest bedroom in the attic. I have also ordered my son's birthday presents and few bits for xmas while they are on offer and we have a little spare money (This is not like me as dont normally start anything re Xmas until December). He is farm mad so gone for some more farm toys.

Is anyone buying their other children a present from the baby when its born? I know a few people who have so just wondered if anyone was? I think we prob will.

We don't need to buy anything else for the baby (except toiletries which Im just added to my shopping each week or so.

Right best get on, hope you all ok.

Hope this reads ok as typed very quickly!
    Helen. 28 weeks. Up 17lb
  • summer8it
    Good morning, all!

I got a call yesterday afternoon from the OB practice I wanted to use, saying that they can take me on as a patient. However, the nurse who called sounded so down, I thought from her tone of voice they were rejecting me, and I couldn't quite tell if she said "can" or "can't" until she asked if I wanted to schedule my first appointment! She was probably just tired, it was quarter to five when she called, and I was probably one of the last items on her to-do list. :wink: I've got a one hour appointment with a midwife booked for Monday. I'm very relieved to know I have medical care lined up! I love the idea of delivering with a midwife, and if I do need a doctor to intervene, the doctors in this practice are the top-rated OBs in the city.

I'm 30 weeks now -- I hit the 7 month mark tomorrow -- and I'm down half a pound since last week's weigh-in, putting me at 23.5 lbs gained so far. It's definitely not just baby, though. I measured my thighs this morning, and they're up 2 inches from pre-pregnancy size, ugh. That cellulite I saw in the mirror was not a figment of my imagination....

Helen, I hadn't thought about getting my son a present for when the baby's born, but I have been on a bit of a kick of buying things for him recently. It's all been practical stuff, though, like new underwear and a new lunch box. Do they make "I'm the big brother" shirts in size Adult Small?

• RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    Rose, due Oct 23 (C-Section Oct 16), boy. Also have one son, age 2.