Energy to burn!

Options
shedthesweater
shedthesweater Posts: 279 Member
Where is this amazing energy coming from? NS foods? Shakes? Wow! Went to the gym, had an amazing workout, then came home, cleaned the whole back patio, washed it down, washed rugs, then cleaned the backdoor, Hello! when was the last time you washed your doors and knobs in house inside and out Me RARELY! until now Crazy! I still have energy left, has this happened to YOU?

Replies

• Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Well, not to that extent, no. It would have to be a monumental moment for me to clean the knobs. LOL!!

Seriously, I know what you mean on a lesser extent, L.

Just last night I noticed that I was shining the kitchen, washing dishes, straightening the great room ... all about an hour before bed. I just stopped and smiled. Before I started NS and added exercise this would have NEVER happened. I would be camped out on the couch for several hours before bed. Exhausted .. absolutely zero motivation, energy, desire.

I know that it has changed drastically for me.
  • shedthesweater
    Options
    Well, not to that extent, no. It would have to be a monumental moment for me to clean the knobs. LOL!!

Seriously, I know what you mean on a lesser extent, L.

Just last night I noticed that I was shining the kitchen, washing dishes, straightening the great room ... all about an hour before bed. I just stopped and smiled. Before I started NS and added exercise this would have NEVER happened. I would be camped out on the couch for several hours before bed. Exhausted .. absolutely zero motivation, energy, desire.

I know that it has changed drastically for me.

So you have the energy too. Crazy! and great feeling for sure! Love it!
  • chwomack53
    chwomack53 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I mow the lawn weekly. Last year 4 times all year. I have tons of energy. Having reached a level of maturity to which wisdom is great, I'm probably not going to wash my door knobs. Golf Clubs yes, door knob no. One of the first things I noticed near the beginning was a new found energy. The skinner I get the more energy I have.
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    chwomack53 wrote: »
    Having reached a level of maturity to which wisdom is great, I'm probably not going to wash my door knobs. Golf Clubs yes, door knob no.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! That's my take on it, too, Charlie. LOL!!!!!!!!

• evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I used to take a daily b12 supplement for energy before NS.....now I only take milk thistle for liver cleansing and d3 for the magnesium....energy level is higher than when I was supplementing.....no more 10 pills a day....I thought it was the increased veg.....
  • mgravenhorst
    mgravenhorst Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Some days I have more energy than others, but definitely more energy since losing weight and being on NS. I haven't reached the point of washing door knobs yet. Always lots to do around here both indoors and out-of-doors, so I just keep moving when I can. With all this rain and dampness my knees have been protesting a lot. Still, I have never let that stop me. I'm thinking about sucking it up and doing a lot of filing today. It rained again this morning. I have a load of laundry in the washer. I'll get busy once I put things in the dryer. I only own two bras (others don't fit anymore) and both are dirty so I'm not getting dressed until later. I know, I know, TMI!
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    I have a load of laundry in the washer. I'll get busy once I put things in the dryer. I only own two bras (others don't fit anymore) and both are dirty so I'm not getting dressed until later. I know, I know, TMI!

HAHAHA. Had to giggle. Me, too, no refined dressing for me either. The Summer is mine to own and do what I want to do. I'm lucky I know. But, being semi-retired, I can pick and choose. :)

• dottieketostrong
    dottieketostrong Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I just took a hand vac and vacuumed and scrubbed every baseboard in the house. Then I cleaned all the windows. I took all the food out of the pantry and washed all the shelves. I swept and mopped all the rooms with hardwood. I scrubbed walls and doors. Something is definitely going on!
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Mercy me, dottie. What energy, gal.
  • PeggyS925
    PeggyS925 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm worn out just reading about all of you guys and your ambitious antics! I need to try and find my inner beast and follow suit!
  • shedthesweater
    Options
    Having reached a level of maturity to which wisdom is great, I'm probably not going to wash my door knobs. Golf Clubs yes, door knob no.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! That's my take on it, too, Charlie. LOL!!!!!!!!

I hear ya Charlie, I have never washed them, but it does make sense now HA!

• shedthesweater
    Options
    PeggyS925 wrote: »
    I'm worn out just reading about all of you guys and your ambitious antics! I need to try and find my inner beast and follow suit!

You can do it! I really feel my workouts add to this energy!
  • shedthesweater
    Options
    Mercy me, dottie. What energy, gal.

I know! crazy, some days I am wiped out, and then a crazy woman other days.

• shedthesweater
    Options
    I just took a hand vac and vacuumed and scrubbed every baseboard in the house. Then I cleaned all the windows. I took all the food out of the pantry and washed all the shelves. I swept and mopped all the rooms with hardwood. I scrubbed walls and doors. Something is definitely going on!

Oh my gosh! that's awesome! I want to come to you home now. Great job with the energy for sure!

• shedthesweater
    Options
    Some days I have more energy than others, but definitely more energy since losing weight and being on NS. I haven't reached the point of washing door knobs yet. Always lots to do around here both indoors and out-of-doors, so I just keep moving when I can. With all this rain and dampness my knees have been protesting a lot. Still, I have never let that stop me. I'm thinking about sucking it up and doing a lot of filing today. It rained again this morning. I have a load of laundry in the washer. I'll get busy once I put things in the dryer. I only own two bras (others don't fit anymore) and both are dirty so I'm not getting dressed until later. I know, I know, TMI!

Every bit of housework is a workout to me. You're doing a great job! Keep it up. I hope your knees feel better. Enjoy your weekend!
  • shedthesweater
    Options
    I mow the lawn weekly. Last year 4 times all year. I have tons of energy. Having reached a level of maturity to which wisdom is great, I'm probably not going to wash my door knobs. Golf Clubs yes, door knob no. One of the first things I noticed near the beginning was a new found energy. The skinner I get the more energy I have.

I agree! with you Charlie, the more weight I take off, the more energy I have. Love it!
  • RoCla
    RoCla Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    PeggyS925 wrote: »

I know the feeling! However, I did rearrange my sewing room and have been doing a lot of embroidery.
  • chwomack53
    chwomack53 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    At the end of my do list (don't have a honey so no honey do's) 1 hr 45 min Lawn Mowing (push mower) Walmart run. Lunch, 2 hrs Gardening General. 2 hrs Washing Vehicles. Dinner. Now I rest.
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    You were very energetic, Charlie. You should rest. :)
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    At the end of my do list (don't have a honey so no honey do's) 1 hr 45 min Lawn Mowing (push mower) Walmart run. Lunch, 2 hrs Gardening General. 2 hrs Washing Vehicles. Dinner. Now I rest.
    I have my own list too! We r busy bees!