Sweet cravings

Options
2»

Replies

• bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Lindt's 85% dark chocolate. Only 4g of carbs per 20g (or 2 pieces), which is usually enough to satisfy me.

Ok... sometimes I have 4 pieces. :blush:
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Now my carbs are set at 50, but usually I stay around 30. I allow myself one vanilla ice cream cone from McDonalds daily for 23 carbs.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Now my carbs are set at 50, but usually I stay around 30. I allow myself one vanilla ice cream cone from McDonalds daily for 23 carbs.

That's what you have to do, find what works for you.

With the hormonal influence, I have started considering cutting out dairy for a test...
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

With the hormonal influence, I have started considering cutting out dairy for a test...

Me too! Although before i eliminate dairy i want to allow a bit more time on primal keto, incase that levels things out on its own.

I love cream, butter, cheese & cream cheese, so it would be a big deal to give them up

• KnitOrMiss
    Options

Me too! Although before i eliminate dairy i want to allow a bit more time on primal keto, incase that levels things out on its own.

I love cream, butter, cheese & cream cheese, so it would be a big deal to give them up

Ditto. They area a mainstay in my success on this WOE, but if they are damaging my hormones and things internally while helping the outside, I really want to know what I'm up against.
  • FaithMathias
    FaithMathias Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    down one pound today. over my carb intake from one ice cream yogurt at Sams, today. Glad to have lost one pound thus far. I am so under my calories today but I have not had much desire to eat today just really tied. Still have my major sugar crave but today I realize my craving is not as bad as before.
  • horizonsmom
    horizonsmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I find the Atkins treats very satisfying
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

Ditto. They area a mainstay in my success on this WOE, but if they are damaging my hormones and things internally while helping the outside, I really want to know what I'm up against.

I cut out dairy awhile back(was cico at the time) and cutting it our made my hormones worse! Doctor said that bc is designed to work in people who eat dairy and so the levels can get skewed when you don't. food for thought
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options

I cut out dairy awhile back(was cico at the time) and cutting it our made my hormones worse! Doctor said that bc is designed to work in people who eat dairy and so the levels can get skewed when you don't. food for thought

So bc in this instance means birth control, correct? Because I do take BCP... SMH I can't win. Maybe that is why it isn't stalling me as much as some... I wonder if BCP become less effective when quitting dairy. That could be scary as all get out.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

So bc in this instance means birth control, correct? Because I do take BCP... SMH I can't win. Maybe that is why it isn't stalling me as much as some... I wonder if BCP become less effective when quitting dairy. That could be scary as all get out.

Yes, I was on the pill at the time, so definitely that one. I don't know about less effective, but I'd be extra vigilant for signs of ovulation if I were to quit dairy. I was also told that while on depo I borderline had to eat dairy, both for the calcium and for some kind of regulation of the time release mechanism. Could all be anecdotal experience through the grapevine style quakery, but not really something I want to test!

I also noticed an extreme difference in my hormones when I only drank raw, organic, from my own goats milk vs commercial cows milk. I found the difference, some chemical used to homogenize it, but it only seems to matter for milk not cheese or cream.
  • KnitOrMiss
    edited June 2015
    Options

Yes, I was on the pill at the time, so definitely that one. I don't know about less effective, but I'd be extra vigilant for signs of ovulation if I were to quit dairy. I was also told that while on depo I borderline had to eat dairy, both for the calcium and for some kind of regulation of the time release mechanism. Could all be anecdotal experience through the grapevine style quakery, but not really something I want to test!

I also noticed an extreme difference in my hormones when I only drank raw, organic, from my own goats milk vs commercial cows milk. I found the difference, some chemical used to homogenize it, but it only seems to matter for milk not cheese or cream.

That's just all interesting. I pretty much quit all regular milk years ago. I do hard cheese and heavy cream daily. I use butter most days. I do cream cheese and sour cream irregularly, but I don't exclude them. I don't think anyone ever asked me about it. Now I'm going to have to go do some research... Which I hate, because of course, it's hormonal, so there is no one consistent answer...and even fewer studies...

Here's a few I've been sent...have yet to read them all...

http://www.dvo.com/newsletter/weekly/2012/03-16-267/is-dairy-healthy.html
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mark-hyman/dairy-free-dairy-6-reason_b_558876.html
    http://drhyman.com/blog/2013/07/05/got-proof-lack-of-evidence-for-milks-benefits/
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    OMG...If I cut out dairy I would lose 75% of my daily calories.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    OMG...If I cut out dairy I would lose 75% of my daily calories.

Aaaaand this is why I'm staying at a higher level of carbs for now. No dairy = crazy on VLC.