Taste buds changing. What is something you no longer like?

Options

Replies

• Sk8Kate
    Sk8Kate Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I don't have to add Splenda to my BPC anymore & last nite added scoop of protein powder to my tea (was way under protein numbers) and could almost not drink it, it tasted way too sweet. Maybe the cookie/cake cravings will go away too?
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Supermarket cakes that my colleagues buy for birthdays are something I have no interest in now. They taste like chemicals.

This. Shop-bought cakes, cookies, doughnuts, candy etc taste really artificial and not pleasant at all. Not that ive eaten much of any of these lately but my little boy keeps wanting me to take a bite of whatever rubbish hes determined to keep on consuming and i have to surreptitiously spit it out into the bin when hes not looking - just that little taste in my mouth before i spit it out is enough to make me grimace.

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Chips and salsa used to be my go to snack. Like by the bag and practically gallon.

Chips now taste like dust, cardboard, and paste - but greasy in a that oil needs to be changed way.
    Salsa tastes like straight vinegar unless combined with sour cream or dumped by the teaspoon instead of 1/4 cup on a taco salad.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Thaeda wrote: »
    Three days ago I woke up and said blah coffee. Just the thought of coffee made me queezy. I haven't had one since. It's strange.

If this happens to me I will cry. :'( I LOVE coffee!! <3

Omg, me too. I will not let it happen lol

So far everything still tastes awesome to me. That's fine, because the way other foods make me feel is enough for me to back off the majority of the time
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I was just saying to my coworkers that I'm not really digging coffee so much right now and how I don't know what to do with myself without coffee. Just like giving up cigarettes. What do I do on my breaks without coffee and cigarettes? :)
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Dunkin' Donuts. They don't taste good to me anymore and they give me instant heartburn. That was a few months ago, though.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I overindulged for my mother's birthday dinner and had some sweet potato. With just butter and straight cinnamon on them, I felt like I was eating candied yams.

Now when I smell things I used to crave, I feel like I'm in an industrial facility. I smell nickel, and alcohol, and other chemicals. I take that as a good thing.

Now when I miss stuff I only tell myself it wouldn't even taste as good as I remember it. It's easy to avoid all the old comfort foods that way.

Pass the steak, please!
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Regular pop now makes me sick from all the sugar. Even when I was in between low carb, I would always drink sugar free drinks, specifically Diet Mt Dew. Ever since I first started low carb years ago, sugar free drinks has been the standard for me whether I was doing LC or not.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Thaeda wrote: »
    Three days ago I woke up and said blah coffee. Just the thought of coffee made me queezy. I haven't had one since. It's strange.

If this happens to me I will cry. :'( I LOVE coffee!! <3

If this happens to me I will assume I am pregnant, and then cry!
  • Katieusa68
    Katieusa68 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sweet tea. I have been known to drink a gallon a day on occasion in the past. It tastes really horrible now.
  • Crawfie16
    Crawfie16 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ice cream too sweet. Cant believe I dont enjoy ice cream, which I had for dessert with guests. Yuck.
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Well...I used to eat more donuts. now I don't even want one.
    y771c4c91yju.jpg
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I've had a block of white choc in the fridge since before xmas 2014. It somehow never fits into my day. Tried 1 square the other day. Yuck. Haven't tested my old fav pakistani mangoes. Maybe they're too sweet as well. My mum served some pistachio cupcakes and canned fruit during Memorial Day. Nope, tasted sickly sweet. I used to enjoy canned fruits!
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I like salt more.

I enjoy making my own pizza. Beef jerky.

Sweet is less of a draw.

I have to measure out snacks of mixed nuts. It is too easy to eat too many and mess up my calorie intake.

Dang Mr. Peanut fit blocking me....
  • AreteAndWhimsy
    AreteAndWhimsy Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I used to be a juice fiend, but now I can hardly even drink fruit based herbal teas at the recommended strength because they're just so sweet. I suspect that I'd be able to actually eat fruit with no problems, and I miss it, but juice doesn't even sound good any more.
  • jumanajane
    jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Not exactly a change in tastes that's new but after my first but if Atkins years ago I tried 'ordinary' chocolate and it was disgusting!! Only 70%plus had sny good taste. Bit difficult as we now have a chocolate business, lol.
    Last week was on holiday in Malaysia and I noticed walking through shopping Malls how I really noticed very sweet SMELLS! !! Quite overpowering too! Never noticed that before!
  • lowcarber87
    lowcarber87 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I no longer like mushrooms! Maybe I over did it for a while but I gag at the thought now.

had a mchicken the other day - first takeaway meal this year - and I was so disappointed it was not as amazing as I thought it would be! Not wasting my cheat meal on that again!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure because I haven't yet eaten a lot of things I used to like. I'm imagining that anything "sweet" before would taste too sickeningly sweet now. Since things like sunflower seeds and not really ripe berries and even celery seem like they have a sweet taste to me.
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Katieusa68 wrote: »
    Sweet tea. I have been known to drink a gallon a day on occasion in the past. It tastes really horrible now.

Same here. There is no sweetener that tastes like sugar in tea and unsweetened tea is not the same. I could easily drink a pot, now I rarely drink a cup.
  • FaithMathias
    FaithMathias Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have been on LC for four days and I notice my food those taste different. I get a bad after taste if I drink or eat anything sweet. The LC still seem to be a challenge for me but hey its only day 4.