How much weight have you lost?

Options
tina4kids
tina4kids Posts: 24 Member
I hit the 30 lb mark today!!! Most days I have less than 50 carbs, and have been doing low carb for 10 weeks. I have alot more to lose, and so far, low carb has been very easy for me!

Mind sharing your weight loss numbers and how many carbs/sugars you're having? Your success stories are so motivating !

Replies

• AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    At week 4 I'd lost 13 pounds. I'm now on a no weigh month so not sure what I've lost but this is honestly the FIRST time in my many many many diet attempts that I am not ravenous and super cranky so I love it.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! 50g is a good sustainable level, IMHO.

My carbs are all over the place but usually under 100g. I've lost about 30lbs, and I don't really want to lose any more. I've been in maintenance for a couple months, and I'm now at a "normal" BMI. I still eat low carb. I no longer track carbs or calories. I just like eating this way -- it's no longer a weight loss thing for me. :)
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    I started in September 2014 at 255. I'm now 187 or 68 pounds lighter.

I need to be clear that until April I didn't count calories in, although all my running + cycling tracked calories out. Most of the loss came about from a) increasing my activity level (I'm a distance runner now) and b) stopping reaching for the easy carb breakfast/lunch/snacks all the time.

Sure I moderated other aspects of my consumption too, and made a number of food choice changes, but the biggest change was reduction in carbs for two meals + snacks... that and the vastly increased activity level. But I can't say categorically that I lost weight because of dropping carb intake however much that might make sense on the surface. Probably I dropped my overall calorie intake due to reducing + replacing carbs.

I joined MFP 66 days ago to refine and make more formal my approach because I want to try to hit my goal weight by the day I started this plus one year... my birthday in September. Back then I had no idea that would be achievable earlier in the spring I realised that it was possible. I also started to realise that I could achieve more with my running than I ever would have believed possible last September when I started.

My interest more formally in lower carbs came as a by-product of my research into fat adaptation for endurance athletes / distance runners - that's the type of activity that most appeals to me. I try to run semi-fasted (before taking a meal in the morning or many hours after one) and have adopted other training techniques said to help encourage fat burning as fuel.

My next physical is just before my birthday. I expect my doctor will be somewhat shocked at the difference.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    It has been 126 lbs in 18 months.

I have been low to moderate carb the whole time. Doing cardio and some lifting keeps it fun.

I usually interact with friends at the gym and work on diet and exercise discussions.

It is nothing like internet arguing over low carb diets.
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've lost 88.5 lbs since November 2014. I started off following the SAD for the first 3 months then switched to LCHF. I try to exercise 5 times a week for 60 minutes, mixing cardio and strength training.
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    20lb in 3 months. 15 to go. Very pleased and I feel I look lighter than I am too.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    In 3 weeks, about 11 pounds. Carbs generally around 50 to 70. Also cut out a LOT of things I was reacting to, which helped immensely.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    tina4kids wrote: »
    I hit the 30 lb mark today!!! Most days I have less than 50 carbs, and have been doing low carb for 10 weeks. I have alot more to lose, and so far, low carb has been very easy for me!

Mind sharing your weight loss numbers and how many carbs/sugars you're having? Your success stories are so motivating !

Way to go! That's great success.

Ive lost 18 pounds. Ive been eating low-carb for about 3 months, and keto coming up 2 weeks. I now eat 1200 calories & 15-20g carbs a day.

• wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Sorry, this isn't going to encourage anybody. I've lost 12 lbs (14-15 on a good day) in 5 months.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Wheatlessgirl, why wouldnt that encourage anyone? Losing 12 pounds and keeping them off is very encouraging.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    9 pounds in 5 weeks. I eat anywhere between 40-75 grams of carbs per day..
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    <50 Carbs Have lost 27lbs in 22 weeks.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    22.4-23.4 lb (bouncing around 1 lb) in just under 6 weeks.16.6-17.6 lb to go.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Sorry, this isn't going to encourage anybody. I've lost 12 lbs (14-15 on a good day) in 5 months.

WRONG...

Wheatlessgirl, why wouldnt that encourage anyone? Losing 12 pounds and keeping them off is very encouraging.

I completely second this!! ^^ People looking for drastic results may not find that encouraging, but those of us in for life for whatever reason will find this so empowering!!!

How many times have we all run the gamut of gain, lose, gain more back, lose, gain, lose, lose, gain all back????? I LOST count!!! So in my book, even keeping off a pound or an inch for any length of time is the BIGGEST WIN OF ALL.
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

WRONG...

I completely second this!! ^^ People looking for drastic results may not find that encouraging, but those of us in for life for whatever reason will find this so empowering!!!

How many times have we all run the gamut of gain, lose, gain more back, lose, gain, lose, lose, gain all back????? I LOST count!!! So in my book, even keeping off a pound or an inch for any length of time is the BIGGEST WIN OF ALL.

Coconutty and Knit---thank you, so kind. Most, if not all, have lost waaay more than I have in the same amount of time, esp since I've been <20 and lately ZC. I feel a bit sheepish about saying I've only lost 12. But I'm glad I have and hope more will eventually go.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

WRONG...

Coconutty and Knit---thank you, so kind. Most, if not all, have lost waaay more than I have in the same amount of time, esp since I've been <20 and lately ZC. I feel a bit sheepish about saying I've only lost 12. But I'm glad I have and hope more will eventually go.

I'm at 5 months, too, and around 20 pounds total (there was an upswing of water immediately before I started this WOE, so I don't really think it should count, so it's closer to 15 "real" pounds, FYI). My body is doing what it needs to, and I'm keeping to plan. I feel better than I ever have as an adult, so for now, unless I start feeling crappy or things go horrible wrong, I'm keeping to this WOE even if I never lose another inch or pound. I don't even have a fight against menopause to point a finger at. This is just how my body wants to take it, and I'm listening.
  • teachingmama28
    teachingmama28 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    In 2012 I lost 45lbs in 5months. Since then I have had my third child and I was up 15 pounds again. I started VLC again and I am down 8lbs in 3 weeks. Hoping to get down another 12 lbs before summer break is over. Great job everyone!
  • Astharteea
    Astharteea Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I lost total of 27 lbs in 5 months but I did eat a French fry here and there. I drank some cocktails, got a small Dq blizzard, had some cherries... Overall, I keep my carbs under 30 grams and sugar is 0 g 95% of the time. Lately I also started to fast.
  • MissMaggieElizabeth
    MissMaggieElizabeth Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have lost 37.8 pounds since December. The last 18 pounds since April when I went really low carb of under 5g a day. Feels slow to me but it is staying off and I am rarely have cravings. If I am hungry I will grab a chicken leg. I do not track my foods other then carbs. I can do that in my head as I usually eat the same things. I can count to five. LOL I do not have time to fuss with all the macros and logging. This is a way of eating for my life and I do not want to spend time with recording stuff forever. If my loss stops I will/might re-visit logging.