How many carbs a day do you all eat?? Anyone eat fruits yet?

Options
2»

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    toadqueen wrote: »
    @KnitOrMiss what is LCHFMP? I can figure out low-carb, high fat, but am lost for the rest. I range between 7-17 carbs a day depending on my peanut butter snacks ala @Fvaisey. I had my genes tested and was recommended for a ketogenic diet. It is my preference anyway so I am thrilled to be back at it.

Psst, Toadqueen.. LCHFMP is low carb, high fat, medium protein.

Yes, or Moderate Protein. If I leave out protein off my dietary description, some folks think I don't eat ANY or are convinced I'm being Macro-ist.
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for the clarification - that's my WOE too.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    LOL, I'm also LCHFMP, trying 100 net or below, most days I'm around 60 ish. I eat whatever fruit is at hand but not often. Mostly berries, sometimes an apple or grapefruit, but yes the occasional whole small greenish banana, or fresh pineapple. If I go strictly keto, I've found my body rebels and I get ill and lose energy, and when I was trying to lose weight I stalled badly w/o drops in inches or pounds for about a month. Just bumped the carbs up a little and BAM! better function allround and started losing again. Just what worked for me, we are all different beings with different needs though. This way works best for maintenance for me.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I'm at 10 or less. They are from hwc mostly, but some eggs and cheese too. Tried some cherries and blueberries and did okay with the cherries, butt won't be eating them regularly. Haven't had any other fruit since March.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Bouncing between 20-25 net. I love my berries :)
    I'm planning to up to 30 and then 50 within next six month. Will try Paleo and see how it goes.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    This thread is 4 years old! How'd you find it, Dan?

LOL! That is so funny......I don't know.... It was just there, and I replied to it...

Dan the Man from Michigan

• Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    My carb levels are averaging around 50-75 I think. I do eat fruit, mostly berries and those sometimes though I did pack a very small amount of frozen fruit today. The carb count is 6.5 net. I was keeping around 20 carbs but, honestly, I didn't feel as good and I didn't notice my weight dropping significantly. I'm not sure if there was a nutrient I was missing, but I feel more "even" with a slightly higher carb count and a greater variety of food. Everyone's different. You may need to play around with the numbers to find where you work best.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    toadqueen wrote: »
    @KnitOrMiss what is LCHFMP? I can figure out low-carb, high fat, but am lost for the rest. I range between 7-17 carbs a day depending on my peanut butter snacks ala @Fvaisey. I had my genes tested and was recommended for a ketogenic diet. It is my preference anyway so I am thrilled to be back at it.

Psst, Toadqueen.. LCHFMP is low carb, high fat, medium protein.

Yes, or Moderate Protein. If I leave out protein off my dietary description, some folks think I don't eat ANY or are convinced I'm being Macro-ist.

LOL @ Macro-ist :)

• CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    50 or under per day. I've been eating berries. I'm not against fruit. But if I eat a banana it better damn be worth being 20-30 carbs (it's totally not)
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    ~ 100g a day, sometimes less, but often times more on running days (5, 6 or 7 days a week depending on what I'm up to). I don't go out of my way to eat more carbs, but burning 700 - 1,600 calories depending on run means more food intake in a balanced manner and as a result I get more carbs on those days. Carbs for me average ~35% of intake.

I eat fruit all the time but mostly berries (blueberries virtually daily), the occasional apple (2 - 4 times a week) or banana (2 - 4 times a week).
  • Astharteea
    Astharteea Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    1- 35 grams a day. I did have 2 peaches, 1 lbs of cherries and 1 lbs of strawberries, all in 3 different days and weeks. I'm also planing to have more cherries.