How many lbs you had to lose to change pants size?

Options
Astharteea
Astharteea Posts: 105 Member
edited June 2015 in Social Groups
Im asking because I have to lose 25 lbs to drop a size. So I'm wondering how it works for you guys.

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I think it's usually around ten to fifteen for me. It seemed to change a lot faster this time than it has in the past not doing low carb
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    That's about where I am, but I think the pants that are almost too big for me now were probably too small when I was at my heaviest, I just squeezed into them. I figure the next size change will happen more quickly :)

When I lost weight in the past, I would change a size every probably 10-15 lbs. I wasn't able to afford a new wardrobe every size so I'd skip every-other size and used a belt.
  • Astharteea
    Options
    What size were you at 205 lbs? (14)
    At 180 lbs?(12)
    160 lbs?(10)
    140 lbs? (8)
    120 lbs? (6)
    115 lbs ?(4)
    110 ? (2)
    108 ? (0 )
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    170 - 180 was a 12 but ya know, really tight
    160 - 170 10s
    150 - 160 current 8s
    140 - 150 6s I can get them on now but not comfortably

Oh I'm 5'5.5" that probably matters
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    umm... I think about 5lbs

Sizing is fickle, I compared two pairs of pants only one size different and the difference in the waist was only about an inch
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,057 Member
    Options
    I am 203 pounds and am now wearing size 14-16, which astounds me. (I have an hour glass figure with more sand in the bottom, so wear a bigger size for pants.) I remember buying some of these clothes when I was about 180 pounds. I think I am more compact eating this way. When I was 10 lbs heavier 2.5 months ago, I was wearing size 18 at 213 lbs. This last 10 pounds has really surprised me in the way I am wearing my clothes. People don't believe me when I say I want to lose an additional 50 pounds. ( But usually the people who tell me this could stand to lose an equal amount themselves lol.) I am super thrilled to be out of the "plus sizes".

Here are my sizes:
    244 lbs - size 22 or 2XL
    230 - 20
    215 - 18
    203 - 14-16
    ??? - 14
    ??? - 12
    ??? - 10
    ??? - 8
    150 - who knows ? I'll let you know when I get there. But by then I'll have a more developed exercise routine perhaps.
  • Astharteea
    Options
    @Kitnthecat My lbs and sizes are in the past 10 years, that's when I was 108 lbs and size 0 :) So those are all sizes I went through and I want to do it all over again. But I see @auntstephie321 , you and I kind of change size to the ( approximately) same amount of lbs. I'm only 5.4 in height. I usually start feeling better looking when I get down to size 8 and down. Frigging food!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    @Astharteea I'm about the same, one my size eight shorts zipped up was when I started feeling thin, ten more lbs and I'll feel like a super model lol. I'm at the point where I can clearly see my collar bones, that when I know I'm getting close
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    When I started tracking and aiming to lose a little over a month ago I was at 164 and a comfortable size 12. Now I'm 153 and can wear my 10's from last year that were too tight a few weeks ago. So I guess I had to lose 10 lbs.
  • Astharteea
    Options
    @auntstephie321 awesome cat you have! Also, it feels so good to see bones :)) and feel your abdomen moving with your hips when you walk. Can't wait to get there again.
    @Sunny_Bunny_ so at 143 lbs you'll be an even sexier size 8! You are so close and probably very happy.
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I started last October at 153 lbs and wearing a loose size 12. Sometimes squeezed into a 10 that was a little stretched out.
    I am currently 136 lbs and wearing a size 8 pair of Levi 515 jeans quite comfortably.
    What's funny is that a few weeks ago, I dug out my "skinny clothes" from the closet and was all excited that I'd finally get to wear those "cool pants" again that used to hug my curves...
    And they practically fell off! :(
    A blessing, and a curse. Guess I need a new pair of "cool pants"!
    Also lost a cup and band size in my bra, apparently. Darn it! Why'd you have to go and drop the weight from THERE?

I'm 5'4" and have an hourglass figure. I have monster thighs and tend to look like I weigh a LOT less than I do - mostly because I know how to dress and drape what I have. Feels pretty good, though, to not have to drape and disguise nearly as much! :smiley:

Sizes are listed in US Women's sizes which, as we all know, VARY GREATLY. In high school, I was 105 lbs and wore anything from a size 0 to a size 11/12, depending on the brand and style!

Congratulations to everybody on their progress!

-T.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Ha! I know this one for sure. I have every size in labeled boxes. I'm 5'1. and it's exactly 10lbs per size in pants and skirts. I've done this before. I was 100 lbs in 1998. My wedding dress was a size 2. (Age 38) I did diet and exercise like a fiend to get that low. Post baby I look my best at 120lbs. (size 6) Most of my good suits and clothes are a 10, (140lbs) I look Ok and still proportional at that weight. At 160++ I look and feel chunky and lumpy. I do wear my clothing on the loose side, I feel uncomfortable and self conscious in tight clothes.

180-18 (Women's US)
    170 -16
    160 -14
    150 -12
    140 -10
    130-8
    120-6
    110-4
    100-2
  • Astharteea
    Options
    @Teneko You are right. Sizes do vary and also people change sizes differently and also wear different sizes at different weights. It just seems that most of us are close in numbers.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    What's your height? That will make a difference... at 135 I take a size 4 (Canada, a US 2) because I am 5'8". I also have some 2's (Canada) but they don't fit properly (a bit of muffin top) until I am at 132 lbs. I take an XS in most clothes except for some of my blouses with narrow shoulders and a couple of my pencil skirts (sz S). I wore a size 12 at my heaviest (165lbs).
  • FaithMathias
    FaithMathias Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It depends on size and height. At 280 I wear and 18 but at 250 a 16.
  • dalansteiner
    dalansteiner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    At 245 I wore a size 40. At 216 I wear a size 36 (and they are a bit loose even fresh out of the dryer). My final goal is 183. I cannot bring myself to say it out loud, but maybe I will be down to a size 32!
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm 5' 2 1/2" and was wearing size 26 when I weighed 240 and size 4 when I got down to 125. I currently weigh 155 and wear size 10. I have very short legs and most of my excess weight is in my thighs and rear. Definite pear shape.
  • Astharteea
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @slimzandra I am surprised to see 180 size 18. I would have thought 14 at the most. Size 10 at 140 lbs sounds more likely. And I know what you mean about being 160 lbs. I think that's when people started asking me if I'm pregnant :))))) Ahahhah. Actually start feeling fat when I get over 126. My face starts to change first, I get the round cheeks and all. At 135 lbs I already feel ugly and unmotivated. Imagine at 208. You think your life is over :))
    I'm confused with the European size, I seem not to be able to convert it @dalansteiner .
    @canadjineh I am 5'3 1/2 and at 135 lbs I think I was already a size 8 in Old Navy's jeans :))

P.S. The sizes I gave earlier were approximate, give or take a little in lbs or size.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    As a guy, I think it is a bit different? Maybe?

I went fro 44 to 32

I re army pants lower on my hips, not all pulled up. So my pant waist size is really a function of leaning out where my thighs insert into my hips and then adding back booty muscle. Doing squats and deadlifts are the body recomposiition exercises. And diet, of course.

I don't know that I will get smaller than 32, but hopefully less body fat under the front pockets and more muscle behind the back pockets!
  • Soon2BeMrsSherriff
    Soon2BeMrsSherriff Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Mine definitely depends on the brand. I can be a 10 in some and an 8 and others, and right now I am 169lbs. I do like my jeans a little on the higher side as well big don't like where it sits on my hips because I have wider hips. I like where they sit just below my belly button. Pants are definitely tricky and I have to try every one on because they all fit differently.