How many lbs you had to lose to change pants size?

Options

Replies

• SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    There is more difference between the higher sizes than the lower ones. It can take 20+lbs to go between an 18 and a 16 for example and less than 10lb to go from a 10 to an 8. That's in my experience.

If you think about it the additional mass all over the body required to put on an inch at the waist when you are size 18 is a lot more than the mass needed to put on an inch at the waist at a size 8.
  • azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have lost 10 pounds and really don't see much difference in my clothes yet. I am kind of assuming that I was probably more squished into them than I thought. I am hoping another 5 lbs will show me a difference though.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 at 142lb and bounce between sizes 8 and 6, depending on the brand.
    In 4 months it went down from 160+lb and size 10-12
  • emmaps55
    emmaps55 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 185 -- I went from a size 18W at 210 in March to a size16 regular at 185 today. Very hourglass figure and I used to carry most of my weight in hips and thighs. But now that I'm post-menopause, I've found that I can wear pants that I barely could wear at 160 15 years ago....but all my old shirts are way tight on top -- my weight definitely seems to have shifted north!

What's also interesting is that the women's sizes now have way too much fabric around the outer thighs -- so none of last year's pants work for me any more... the regular sizes are cut more straight, and now I go more straight down.

I've gone into a frenzy of new clothes buying this past month -- need to stop! Bought a pair of skin-tight pants yesterday that I'm hoping I'll be able to wear this winter....but I'm figuring it's going to take another 20 lbs for them to fit well.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    emmaps55 wrote: »
    I'm 5'2" and 185 -- I went from a size 18W at 210 in March to a size16 regular at 185 today. Very hourglass figure and I used to carry most of my weight in hips and thighs. But now that I'm post-menopause, I've found that I can wear pants that I barely could wear at 160 15 years ago....but all my old shirts are way tight on top -- my weight definitely seems to have shifted north!

What's also interesting is that the women's sizes now have way too much fabric around the outer thighs -- so none of last year's pants work for me any more... the regular sizes are cut more straight, and now I go more straight down.

I've gone into a frenzy of new clothes buying this past month -- need to stop! Bought a pair of skin-tight pants yesterday that I'm hoping I'll be able to wear this winter....but I'm figuring it's going to take another 20 lbs for them to fit well.

I have all new clothes. 44 to 33-34 depending on brand made it necessary

I'm just on a budget! Even new shoes!

• kinrsa
    kinrsa Posts: 111 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and it took 15lb for me to go from a 12 to a 10. I'm waiting patiently for my size 8 jeans from 7 For All Mankind to fit again.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I had to lose heaps and heaps. Not sure in pounds bt at least 20kg. Now it takes less to lose a size in jeans.

I'm down about 32kg/70lbs and can still wear my stretchy workout pants that I wore at my heaviest.

I was 149cm/4'11" and 115kg/253lbs. Now I am 82.8kg and I went from an NZ/UK size 26 to a 16-18 depending on the brand.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I get a laugh from the guys that 'still can wear their size 34 pants' and boast about it... But it's 34 SLUNG LOW under that huge pot belly that actually makes their real waist a 46, lol. They just have no butt to take up any room underneath the tummy roll, so if they wear the correct waist size, the seat of their pants are WAAAAYYY baggy.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Astharteea wrote: »
    @auntstephie321 awesome cat you have! Also, it feels so good to see bones :)) and feel your abdomen moving with your hips when you walk. Can't wait to get there again.
    @Sunny_Bunny_ so at 143 lbs you'll be an even sexier size 8! You are so close and probably very happy.

Woo hoo! I am very happy!
    I found your statement very motivating!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    @auntstephie321 awesome cat you have! Also, it feels so good to see bones :)) and feel your abdomen moving with your hips when you walk. Can't wait to get there again.
    @Sunny_Bunny_ so at 143 lbs you'll be an even sexier size 8! You are so close and probably very happy.

Woo hoo! I am very happy!
    I found your statement very motivating!
  • professionalHobbyist
    Options
    I just got back from shopping

Found some awesome deals on 70% off pants! Yay Me!

When I wore 38 those were never on sale, they were gone.

Now there are bunches of 33 waist pants. And on sale they are $5 and change!!

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    YeeeHaw, professionalhobbyist! It feels so good when you get the new stuff on sale. My DH is 33/34 depending on winter (off work season) weight and I can get his stuff cheap. I can also find the designer clothes in small sizes very inexpensively at the local resale/thrift shop for me. So awesome, but I do find it hard to edit our wardrobes, lol.
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    25 pounds or so took me from a 38 to a 36. It felt like a big deal add I was traumatized when I had to but 38's.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty short at 5'1" and carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs, so I really only pay attention to pants size. I've lost around 30 lbs and went from size 22 to size 16 pants. Truthfully, though, the 22s may have been a bit looser on me than 16s are right now.
  • Astharteea
    Astharteea Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    @professionalHobbyist feels so right to see guys excited about SALES! :) Whats your goal? 34?
    @Fvaisey I understand your trauma. When I had to squish in size 14 I thought it was the end of the world. Right then and there I decided that I have to get serious about my eating habits.
    @Mami1976D, I also seem to change sizes slower....I think I'm a very loose 12 right now. I suspect, also hope, that in another 10 lbs to be a size 10. Fingers crossed.
    @DittoDan your progress is amazing to me, sizes and all. Well done!
  • AreteAndWhimsy
    AreteAndWhimsy Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and very, very heavily muscled.

320-290=24
    290-260=22 (this is where I am currently)
    260-230=20
    230-200=18
    I can't remember accurately past that. I think I wore relaxed thigh men's jeans for a number of years in my teens, so further numbers don't correlate.
  • professionalHobbyist
    Options
    @professionalHobbyist feels so right to see guys excited about SALES! :) Whats your goal? 34?
    @Fvaisey I understand your trauma. When I had to squish in size 14 I thought it was the end of the world. Right then and there I decided that I have to get serious about my eating habits.
    @Mami1976D, I also seem to change sizes slower....I think I'm a very loose 12 right now. I suspect, also hope, that in another 10 lbs to be a size 10. Fingers crossed.
    @DittoDan your progress is amazing to me, sizes and all. Well done!

I think I will end up a 32 waist in dress pants. I am a 33 in my profile pic and there is almost enough room to pull those pants down if not wearing a belt! 34 pants just look bad according to my female coworkers. Saggy butt pants are evidently not cool.

But that is probably more of just adding some booty and doing squats.

A sale is a good thing! I have an office job so buying an entire new wardrobe is $$$. It is great and all that. But it also is a time to be determined and commit. Buying a new wardrobe means I'm determined not to gain it back. The old clothes are gone. Salvation Army was happy to see me.

And there is no going back!!

• Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    It takes me about 20lbs to drop a size. I think height and how you carry your weight makes a difference.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    It takes me about 10 pounds, for jeans. For dress pants/exercise pants it's more like 15-20. & I'm still wearing the pants that I wore 26 pounds ago because I'm too cheap and I hate shopping. They're cooler loose anyway and it's hot here.