Motivation, Support and Accountability Thread, June 15th - 21st

Options
2»

Replies

• matfatcowboy
    matfatcowboy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Today has been great, walked again (with the wife!) And my eating was on point. Next up... bodyweight excersizes included the dreaded and feared burpees
  • Summershowalter
    Summershowalter Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    For my check in so far I have logged this week but not as well at the start of the week, but that's getting better. Rome wasn't built in a day....and since I'm pretty much starting over I'm counting going walking with the hubby and out 2 dogs as my new thing....I discovered I still hate it and the lottle dog hates me now for draging him alomg so time to dust the cobwebs off the old bike and start cycling again. I will say that today my eating was on point and no soda today so that's better too. Let's see if I can keep this streak up tomorrow when I'm not home all day. #stillhatewalking #mustloseweight
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    @nassi1984 You can always find support here! Keep logging!

@Summer I used to walk with my mom's dog who would sit down and refuse to move so I would end up carrying her back, sometimes for over a mile. Find an exercise you love...

Got a good workout in today despite the cold making it hard to breathe. Then I fell asleep on the couch and slept through a beautiful afternoon and evening. I'm going to try the gym again tomorrow.

I haven't tried anything new yet; may not get it in this week. :/
  • nassi1984
    nassi1984 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Two good days, feeling positive! If I could just get my house clean too.... lol

Summer - I find walking really boring too so I go on my own and take an MP3 player to distract me!

Jltheis7 - Thanks :)
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Doing really well this week! I have over 10k steps 3 days runni g and am already halfway there today and it's 10:45am! I've completed c25k w1d2 and yesterday a 3 miler with Leslie Sansone without stopping or letting up. It feels great to finally be building up some stamina!

Water... is going okay. I'm not counting ounces and with all the exercise I'm definitely drinking a good amount.

Tomorrow will be tough - husband plays baseball in Chicago so it's a 3 hour drive each way plus a long game to sit through. I have my food planned and will take along a ton of water. I plan on walking during the game... or at the very least standing to watch. I can feel my feet puffing up already! LOL!

Have a great weekend!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Friday, finally has arrived, i am a zombie today, i took my kids to the fair yesterday and i ate french fries 3 bites if pizza and 3 deep fried oreos (seriously i cant explain this) and a few mini donuts. i also drank 2l of water, walked around for hours and relaxed which i dont do enough of. I am going to try and log my food lol!

Anyways this weekend is going to be very busy for me, tomorrow is my weigh in and then next week is the last week of school for the kids yay!! :)

I have been meeting my goals even started some strength training.

Time to go back to work
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    HLaR - I had a friend that had to deal with that with her daughter, it is not easy, I wish you luck!

I only made it to the gym once again, UGH.....crap keeps popping up later in the week....yesterday I was SO sick, I just could not make it. And tomorrow I have to run all my errands for the whole weekend now because I have to work on Sunday....I never work on Sunday but we are short staffed so I didn't want to leave me boss stuck.

Next week I am working a TON extra, so I am gonna try and get there twice.....that is the most I will be able to do, but I am really gonna push for that second time!

Well, I am off to work stupid late shift.....see you all soon!
  • nassi1984
    Options
    Hiya :)
    Couldn't resist the scales this morning, have lost 7lb since my last weigh in couple of weeks ago :}

Had a few drinks with my other half last night, decided a mountain of Krispy Kreme dougnuts would be a GREAT idea... but husband asked me if I really wanted to ruin a good run, and popped out and got us chocolate that I had enough cals left for instead.

Off for a walk around a town near us today, and visiting the his grandparents.. who will feed our children as much cake as they can get away with whilst we're there *sigh* I know that's what grandparents are for but it still bugs me how OTT they go with junk food for the kids whilst simultaneously telling us we need to lose weight..

Anyway, have a great weekend every one :D
  • matfatcowboy
    Options
    Had a good week, but holy moly I blew my eating today. Did burpees on Thursday and discovered I'm worse at them than I remember, but that's why I track it. To show the progress I will have.
    on to next week.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Love the growth mindset of this group! I was stuck with some negative thoughts and logged in here. You guys always jolt me out of my old unhealthy thoughts...thank you!

For my something different, I downloaded a new HIIT playlist. It made my old workout new again. So fun, I am replaying it while doing housework...and sweating or as a friend calls it, making the fat cry.

Nassi, congrats on the loss. Keep at it and you can be in the dress you want to be in in that wedding.

HLaR79, mat, Mimi, remember a life worth living is one that has balance so enjoy the fair food, walk, drink water, and get back on track.
  • nassi1984
    Options
    Ooooh dear hahaha!

We had a meal out today, and bowling, and more junk food, and arcade games... and all in all FAR too many calories but I had a great fun day treating the hubby for Fathers Day :)

Tomorrow is back to normal, and with an upcoming craft fair and very little stock there's a good chance I'll be too busy to snack anyway, which is a bonus!

Jtheis7 - I'm going to sort out a good playlist to do cleaning to, sounds like a good idea!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I stayed on track for friday, stumbled saturday due to other crap and have had a good day today :)

I am asking my husband to start walking with me, i hope it will motivate me some more!

I need to exercise i must move more
  • Summershowalter
    Summershowalter Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    So I did ok this week. I walked and managed to challenge my husband to a minute challenge workout. That is where you set a list of 10 exercises and see how many you can do in a minute. We had a good laugh and I kicked his butt and now I'm sore. Today (sunday) I did ok till dinner in which I ate 2 days worth of calories in 1 meal. Did you know that eating out is terrible for you? It is....well it could have been my choices too. Anyway tomorrow its back on the Wagon with better choices. :)
  • matfatcowboy
    Options
    Italian, a suggestion for an upcoming mini goal, what recipes do yiu like to make for a mid day lunch/quick midweek dinner?
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion Mat, we can use that this week!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    So, I did really great last week hitting my stated goals - I have this board to thank for that!

I logged 72k steps (30.6 miles) last week, surpassing my 10k per day goal with a rest day yesterday. YAY ME!

We went out of town Saturday with a 3 hour car ride each way and a lot of sitting. I remembered to pump the water on Friday, and even with all the sitting, heat and humidity, I didn't swell up too badly. Some, but manageable and it's all gone this morning (Mobday).

I did manage to do "some" arm exercises 4 days this week, exceeding my goal by a day. I definitely could have made a bigger effort and done more when I did.

Now, when I weighed in yesterday, I said a quick hallelujah, because even still retaining some fluid, I was down 6, almost 7 pounds this week! On the heels of 5# last week! Amazing!!! I haven't had losses like this since the first few weeks... and that was over 5 months ago!

THANK YOU for keeping me accountable and encouraged!