What's your favorite clean eating snack??

Replies

• lovesdivine
    lovesdivine Posts: 10 Member
    Lately its been 1/2 ounce marcona almonds and 3 or 4 calamata olives. This is at night when I get a little hungry before bed. It used to be an apple with a little natural peanut butter. During the day, if I need a snack, a yogurt or a banana or a baby bel cheese is perfect.
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Besides almonds/nuts, what are other crunchy/salty snacks that you enjoy? I am looking for some new ideas to keep me on track.

Right now my snacks are , cucumbers, peppers with guacamole, fruit (cherries, apples, strawberries) and kind bars/nuts.
  • Furbuster
    Furbuster Posts: 254 Member
    I sometimes make crisps (chips) in the oven, using a mandolin they come out really crispy. Melba toast too is nice with stuff to dip in :)
  • dinamatthews68
    dinamatthews68 Posts: 1 Member
    Zucchini chips oven baked
  • getup25
    getup25 Posts: 119 Member
    Zucchini chips oven baked

How do you make these? I have 4 zucchini plants just starting to produce.
  • pattygarcia744
    pattygarcia744 Posts: 2 Member
    greek yogurt with granola, boiled eggs, kale fruit salad (kale, honey, lime, dried mango, cranberries), homemade sweet potato chips or kale chips, greek yogurt with pb2, protein pancakes (1/2 scoop protein, 1tsp olive oil, 2 egg whites, 1/3c grinded oats (I use a coffee grinderto grind my oats) 1 tsp on cinnamon, 20-30g of banana and 20g strabberries Mix them all up add 1/4c slowly if its to much don't add it all....mix till pancake mix consistency. No need for extra oil as oil was added in already....put in a pan cover and let cook on low heat until golden brown flip over till golden brown as well. cook enough to where inside is fully cooked. hopefully I didn't forget anything..you can always add or take out according to your macro intake goals...additional stuff you can add walnuts, cashews, sugarfree chocolates...ect...
  • StellaMA20
    StellaMA20 Posts: 31 Member
    dried figs that are still a little plump, dates, rice cakes, green olives, a bit of aged cheddar cheese, kefir....and all kinds of fruits...
  • New_Normal
    New_Normal Posts: 3 Member
    I created a snack I call the Greek Flaxflower that I love!!

1/2 cup, nonfat, plan Greek yogurt
    1 tbs organic ground chia flax blend
    1 tsp organic whole flax seeds
    Mix above ingredients together (5-7 drops pure vanilla extract optional)
    1 medium navel orange peeled and sectioned arranged around yogurt mixture. Use each section to scoop and eat!!

163 calories, filling and high protein!! :p
  • queenztaino
    queenztaino Posts: 13 Member
    edited June 2015
    I've been enjoying hummus & carrots as of late - it's very filling & delicious. I also do Greek yogurt & nuts or fruit & a stick of cheese.
  • thisnursewillbehot
    thisnursewillbehot Posts: 45 Member
    I have turned several of my patients onto hummus and away from "dips." Many give me that 'look' when I first mention it, but during my next visit they all are excited to tell me how surprised they were that they like it, how much more filling it is, how it helps them (ahem) 'go', etc.
    Yep. Love me some hummus.
  • irisgal345
    irisgal345 Posts: 96 Member
    Homemade chipotle hummus and cucumber slices
  • lovesdivine
    I am excited to try hummus on zucchini slices! I just bought some fresh zucchini....
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    baby carrots and homemade ranch dressing with greek yogurt
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Loves what kind of nursing do you do? I was a home health nurse for many yearas
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Strawberries and black grapes, but you have to eat one of each in the same bite. Just lovely, especially in this weather. :smiley:
  • lovesdivine
    DreamOn145 wrote: »
    Loves what kind of nursing do you do? I was a home health nurse for many yearas

Me? I'm not a nurse. Did I say something to make it sound as if I were?
  • happygeri
    happygeri Posts: 6 Member
    Apples, cored and cut across so they look like rings. Then cover the apple rings with almond butter ( I get the one from whole foods, no added cane sugar. Trader joe's is also good). Then I sprinkle almond, walnuts or pecan pieces. Sometimes I add coconut flakes. An apple will make many pieces to snack the entire day. :)
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    I've been eating oatmeal with raspberries and blueberries for a snack. Pretty low cal as well and keeps me full for a while! My go to faves are: cucumber, tomatoes with sprinkle of salt, more berries, or boiled eggs.
  • ndvoice
    ndvoice Posts: 161 Member
    Apple or banana w/ almond butter, walnuts, or a mixed green salad w/ braggs vinegar. Sometimes I freeze the banana & process it with the almond butter for an evening dessert.
  • terrencefitness
    terrencefitness Posts: 1 Member
    I love Yoplait Greek Yogurt :smile: