Replies

• dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I weigh my red and is like 3.2-4iah
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Same here....about 4 oz. Which is the weight I also use if I want a piece of chicken but not cut up.
  • Wgngrl
    Wgngrl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok. Good to know. It is 6 fluid ounces but less in solid weight
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Fluid ounces and solid ounces are definitely two different things. That's why I think a lot of people who are just winging it with the information online about the size of the containers and such are possibly not getting the right 21 Day Fix food plan experience. We have 2 sets of measuring cups--one for liquid and another for dry--just for cooking. We also have about three sets of measuring spoons. Not that we actually need those because a spoon is a spoon is a spoon but we seem to have accumulated a few spoons along the way. But the measuring cups? That's a necessity. One of the "joys" of working with a man who used to manage a deli kitchen.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    We have liquid and dry measuring cups at our place, too. :smile: I want to say that I remember either american or uk cups being different from canadian ones, as well.
  • KingsGirl4
    KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification. Yes I was loggin 6 oz instead of 4 oz which made a HUGE difference! I'm still debating if I want to try this plan because I don't like the 2 hour windows. I may widen it to 2.5 hours instead. I'll be starting tomorrow if i do it.

Also, do we have to drink the coconut oil? I'd rather just put it in my food.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @KingsGirl4 Autumn says you can drizzle it on your food.
  • KingsGirl4
    Options
    @SatiaRenee perfect thanks! so I guess we will be doing it together. I start tomorrow. Do you have an open diary?
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @KingsGirl4 I start Thursday and I normally don't log my food but I can and will for the 3DQF.
  • KingsGirl4
    Options
    So today is day 1 for me and I have to say I love the meals! They are delicious!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @KingsGirl4 You may be the first person I've ever heard say that the meals for the 3 Day Quick Fix are delicious. There are ways to make them taste better but I have never heard anyone say they are delicious. LOL!

I'm starting today. I'll be tracking my food here on MFP. Steaming some sweet potatoes even as I type this. Woohoo!
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I might do a 3DQF during the week next week - the only time I did it was on the weekend and that was horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KingsGirl4
    Options
    yah it's weird. I think ever since my "lifestyle change" where I have been eating clean for months now, everything just tastes so good to me. I was shocked that I hardly added any spices or seasonings to my food yesterday and everything was so tasty!

My oatmeal just had cinnamon and coconut oil (I love coconut!) and my fish just had lime juice. For the last meal, I just dry-pan fried the turkey with chopped green beans and little pepper. The sweetness from the green beans complimented the turkey well.

Well I'm on day 2 now!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    I had a weird experience a couple of weeks ago where I ate something that used to taste good to me found it disgusting. Okay. I know. You're probably thinking, "Yeah, that happens. Those 'other' foods just don't taste as good as they used to taste."

I was eating an apple. A fresh, juicy apple. And everything about it made me want to just stop eating and throw it away. I had to force myself to finish it. My husband thought it was perhaps the type of apple so he bought a different kind. Same thing happened. I finished it but not with any enthusiasm whatsoever.

Has anyone else experienced this, finding a healthy food you used to love tastes disgusting now that you're eating healthier?

Day One

Down 1.4 lbs.

Went out yesterday so I had to pack two of my meals and eat on the go. I was literally eating one of the meals standing in a parking lot. And I had to throw away the whiting I cooked because the texture was horrible, completely unpalatable. I ended up giving it to the dogs.

Otherwise, it was a good day and I ate everything I should. Day 2 today and I have my granddaughter here so I hope she doesn't mind my stopping every 2 hours to cook and eat.

• SatiaRenee
    Options
    Day 2 and I am down another 1.2 so a total of 2.6 and today is my third and final day.

• germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @SatiaRenee first off..great results..happy for you...I'm sure that gives you an extra smile when thinking of your trip :) ..I hope I can have similar results. In your pic are you making 2 whole eggs or 8 eggwhites?
    Today is my 1st day trying 3 day quick fix and I've failed horribly on breakfast. Coffee (black) is aweful..normally have sugar and creamer..eggwhites (4- can't see wasting 8 eggyolks) were palletable since I tossed them with herbs from the garden...but...I've soaked them with 1 TABLESPOON of coconut oil!!!! What was I thinking??? It's one teaspoon (as I now know/re read in plan)...and steel cut oatmeal only with cinnamon? Can't do it...I had to toss half of it out... is there anything I can sub for this?
    I really need help with breakfast if I am to be able to make this work. So I guess my basic questions are:
    1) 2 whole eggs vs 8 eggwhites?
    2) substitute for oatmeal ?

If anyone has any extra advise besides the basic questions i appreciate it!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @germany03 I do 1 whole egg with 2 egg whites (or 1/3 liquid egg whites if you buy the containers). For the oatmeal, I strongly recommend ginger and vanilla. Soooooo goood! I do it to taste and I like it extra spicy so I can't give you exact measurements. I use fresh but I have used ground ginger. (I keep fresh, peeled ginger in the freezer.) A bit of vanilla extract and it's definitely palatable.

If you still can't get past the Steelcut Oats but you think you can handle regular oatmeal (not instant, obviously) with just cinnamon then I would say you can just swap the steelcut for the regular. Or, you could just do sweet potatoes with your eggs (like hash browns but not fried, obviously).
  • germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips @SatiaRenee . Finished the first day and really don't like it. I feel like I'm bloated and weigh more. I've never drank that much water before in my life and it's way to much food. I could not do 2 of the meals. I know the program says that it's not easy but I really did not enjoy any of it sofar. I hope I have some results on the scale tomorrow...even though I don't see how that's possible with all the food I ate today.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @germany03 I know it seems impossible. How can you eat So Much Food and still lose weight? It's so counterintuitive. But the numbers speak for themselves and this week I lost 3.6 lbs, most of that from 3DQF.
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I was the same way when I did it @germany03 the first day I only got five of the meals in. The next two days I managed to get them all in, it was a lot of food tho! I lost 4lbs tho so it definitely works. You can do it.:)

Great tips @SatiaRenee I was definitely not a fan of the steel cut oats, I'll have to try adding vanilla next time. Great loss btw, congrats!