48 days in. Weight lifting and progress.

Options
AngInCanada
AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
I'm 48 days into my keto journey. I've had a few blips where I've overindulged and only ONE binge eating episode. I used to binge eat every single freeking day. Seriously. I'm so happy and proud of myself. I had a couple weeks where I felt off (dizzy and exhausted) but it seems to be resolved now that I've added in a multivitamin, vitamin d, b12, magnesium, tumeric, and adding lo salt for the potassium.

Anyways, when I started and told people I kept being told that I'll lose so much muscle, I won't be able to keep weight lifting, blah blah blah. But I've kept lifting and doing Les Mills Pump (from beachbody). I've been able to up my weights by at least 5 pound plates on each of the workouts and can now do the 5 minute squat tracks with two 10 pound plates and I started out struggling with 5 pound plates. Anyways, just thought I'd share some pictures.

The purple dress, in the beginning picture, barely fit. It was so stretched out. That picture is just a few days before i started. I tucked it away knowing some day I'd be able to fit in it comfortably. Today I tried it on and it is too big! I had to cinch the back up a whole bunch. I'm surprised the difference in my face too. :) Good problems!

zb63kdijk5fs.jpg

s9ikaz77i8nm.jpg

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Great accomplishments! Might be worth having that fabulous dress altered to fit now. :)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    *Like*
  • JustMe2C
    JustMe2C Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • 35in90
    35in90 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    All that in only 48 days? That's amazing! You look wonderful.
    I've been thinking about getting the Body Pump DVDs since they don't offer classes where I live. Do you enjoy them?
  • AngInCanada
    Options
    35in90 wrote: »
    All that in only 48 days? That's amazing! You look wonderful.
    I've been thinking about getting the Body Pump DVDs since they don't offer classes where I live. Do you enjoy them?

Loooooove the pump program. :)
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, your arms look fantastic! Great dress before/after, too.
  • AngInCanada
    Options
    Oh my gosh, your arms look fantastic! Great dress before/after, too.

Yes definitely a lot less "floppiness" underneath now
  • Sk8Kate
    Sk8Kate Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    You are doing so good, way to go. Glad to hear your dizziness/exhaustion has resolved itself. Definitely getting my potassium & magnesium levels checked when I go for lab work next week.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    :) Doing great !
  • dessiepenn
    dessiepenn Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • cdpits
    cdpits Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Fantastic !!
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Great job, eh!
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Great work! You're inspiring me to get off my bum and start throwing some weights around again.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Yay You!!

Nice progress!

I bet that motivates you for the next 48!

You got this figured out. Just stick with what is working!