Jump into June - Let's Lose Just 1% of our body weight this month!

Options

Replies

• seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    my post was deleted - arghh!
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    oh no... !!!! I know how much that sucks..... wahhhhhhhhh (and it sucks for us to have missed it too!!)
  • milove1029
    milove1029 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the entertaining dialogue! I love every bit of it. Especially, the cartoon Susan, never give up!

Great selfie Snoozie lol

Patrice, Praying for your son to have success in his surgery.

Snoozie, I went back and logged for yesterday today and then I completed today. I am trying to make sure I am staying under. I seem to be under 1200 today I don't believe that I must have missed logging something. No exercising this week,I am taking a break from tennis having a lot of pain in my right arm near the elbow. smh
  • seehe
    Options
    Happy Monday ladies ! How's everyone doing towards their 1% goal?

I reached my 1% goal earlier in the month. This was actually a good thing as it gave me an opportunity to practice consistency. I seem to be making a habit of losing a bit and then putting that and a bit more right back on. I have been managing to keep it off , but knew Father's Day dinner would put me up, IPOM because I practiced portion control at dinner last night with only 1 glass of wine, half my entree, and two bites from my husband's dessert lol.
    I wish to thank you all for your motivation, inspiration and support <3

~Susan
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I've been on a roller coaster.... right now at 184... want to get back to 182...:)
  • Snooozie
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Susan - like you I've hit my 1%, but trying to make sure it's still there on June 30th LOL! have a tough week with lunches and dinners with friends but aiming for proteins and veggies as much as possible! well done you on the awesome checks and balances with portion control and just a couple of bites with hubby - will keep that in mind as incentive for me this week!!

just back from a painful massage therapy - yes I know its supposed to hurt but lord love a duck I squealed like a pig a few times, specially on the calves..! gonna have to do more stretching after my walkies I guess.

Patrice... hpe everything went well with your sons surgery, and OWR that you and mr OWR are having a blast with the grandbaby; don't run out of nanny juice tho (wine)!

Carol - u can do it!

Gail - assuming you're still on vacay; cant wait to hear all about it and see some pics!

milove good on ya for listening to your body; nothing wrong with letting things heal in fact its imperative as we.. ya know.. add days LOL...
  • seehe
    edited June 2015
    Options
    One week left- we can do this ladies!

440y9e3224ce.jpeg
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Hi, Girls, I am back!! ,but I am Plumb worn out!! I will update it all as soon as possible... nite nite
  • seehe
    Options
    Welcome back Gail!!! Can't wait to hear all about it :)
  • Snooozie
    Options
    susan LOVE tht 1% sign... love it!!! gonna re post it for the next 7 days as a reminder!!

Gail!! welcome home; we missed ya !! cant wait either to hear the deets and perhaps some pics?

off to meet an old friend for lunch and see his pics from his retirement present to himself; a month in Australia bali and somewhere else.... I shall try not to be jealous LOL... catch up later!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Hi, girls!! I missed ya!! Did a quick read through , then got too tired...So I will have to finish them later. WE had so much fun, saw so many places that I never thought I would see...I am trying to get pics on my computer, but I am technically challenged, so I may have to wait for help. We left Ms on 6/8 traveled through 10 states....I recommend no one ever try this at home...HAHaha...It is no fun unpacking at night and repacking every morning..to drive on to another state. Will send updates on trip later . I did manage to lose weight...I am so estatic! I know it was because of walking and driving so many hours.... SO NO SNACKING!!! Lesson learned!
    t113047.gif
  • Snooozie
    Options
    gail!!! you LOST weight?? omg HUGE CONGRATS!! that may be a first in history, woman!! So happy for ya!!! I find I usually need a few days vacation AFTER a vacation to recover and sounds like you were on the go 24/7 so we can wait for pics and details!! 10 states.. omg!! get some R&R and fill us in when you can - welcome home!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    thanks, but it wasn't a normal vacation...it was more of a travel-cation....we were in the truck moving more than anything ,so only breakfast and a small dinner when we got to the next state... not even one margarita!! My idea of a vaca is "where are we going to eat that's good and different?!?! But not this time ,we were tired and with 3 other couples we just ate quick somewhere..
  • Snooozie
    Options
    lol Gail - I agree with your version! throw in "not have to do a darn thing for anyone else" too LOL
  • OldWomanRuns
    OldWomanRuns Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Not even one margarita!?? What? After all that traveling an ice cold margarita - make it a skinny one - would have been the ticket!

Well, after those days of chasing the little man - wow! can he move! Grandma is tuckered out. Late flight back in Monday night didn't get home until midnight and back up and in the office by 6:00 a.m. And then I have to admit, I allowed my emotions to tank on Tuesday. That always happens whether the kids come home and leave or we go there and leave. I HATE the leaving thing! My heart hurts, my arms are empty and my eyeballs leak. I've learned to just let it happen, ride that rollercoaster of emotions and then get it into gear.

I'm going to have to kick it big time to get back to the 1% I had lost at the beginning of June - had actually done 2% --- buuuutttttt, well, haven't done great the last week. So, going to tamp down the emotions and get on to the next activity. Kids all coming in and giving a surprise baby shower on July 4 for our son and his wife..... Here we go!!
  • milove1029
    milove1029 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing great! Yayy for losing weight Gail even if it wasn't a normal vacation, a loss is a loss. BTW I sipped on my wine while my grands were in the pool on my me made 4 days vacation fri sat sun and mon! lol I told the bartender to just fill my wine sippe cup and I had a relaxed time. Back to calorie count and moving around. lol
  • Snooozie
    Options
    made a much better lunch choice today; thinly sliced Muskoka beef on greens with roasted red peppes, onions and cucumbers with a Vidalia onion dressing... and it was not onlly scrumptious, but I didn't use my entire days calories on one meal again LOL! :D
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Snoozie, High five on the great choice! Sounds fantastic! I just bought some of that dressing a few weeks ago...off brand. haven't tried it yet.
  • Snooozie
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Just less than a week to the end of our month long "lose 1%" goal, and saw this in the hello healthy blog - thought it might be a helpful reminder for us heading into the weekend! :)

If there is one fact in my profession that every client knows, but doesn’t “know,” it’s this: You’re not perfect.

You’re going to struggle. You’re going to have bad days. You’re going to eat more than you planned on eating, and you’re going to feel like doing nothing sometimes. It’s not a matter of “if.” It’s “when.” And after helping more than 1,000 people lose weight, I can tell you “when” is usually Friday.

Friday is the most common day when people get a case of the “screw its.” When perfect is no longer an option, they just throw the play book completely out the window. But these swings in consistency are death to long-term weight loss because they rob us of momentum. So I started trying to come up with a better plan and, luckily for all my clients, I’m a huge Civil War history nerd.

One of the great generals (and characters) in the Civil War was Stonewall Jackson. A tactical genius, Jackson appreciated that the most important factor in war (and the war that’s weight loss) is momentum. So he was moving forward, even when he was moving backward. One of his contemporaries summarized Jackson:

“He was never more to be feared than when he was retreating, and where others thought only of strong defensive positions, he looked persistently for the opportunity to attack.”

Stonewall Jackson never told his troops to “run away.” Before he ever went into battle, he picked a spot on the map to retreat to that was also a great attack position. That was his “Fallback Plan.” So after reading a biography of Stonewall, I developed “Fallback Plan Friday.”

Your Fallback Plan is your line in the sand—something you are 100% confident you can do, no matter what. It can be a nutrition habit like eating protein at every meal or an easy, 15- to 20-minute workout that moves you toward your goal but requires as much thought as brushing your teeth.

A good Fallback Plan needs to be simple AND easy, but it has to be “bang for your buck.” Start by writing down your favorite way to train or eat. Do you like barbell complexes? Salads? Kettlebell swings and goblet squats? Tae Bo? Anything is fine.

Let me repeat that: Any exercise or nutrition habit you love is fine!!

Now write down the bare minimum that you can do of that exercise or nutrition habit and still feel like you’re making progress. Is it one salad at lunch? Is is drinking one less non-water drink? Doing 20 push-ups?

And yes, I want you to underestimate here. I mean really low-ball it. The whole goal is do something that’s possible and enjoyable so you feel more ready to get back at it tomorrow.

Don’t think, “I’ve done 1,200 swings in a workout before,” and then think you can do 1,000 every day. Ask yourself, “When the sun comes up on Saturday morning and I’ve got a slight hangover from too much red wine the night before, what’s the workout that’s going to make me feel better?” That’s your Fallback Plan.

Some examples:

•eat a vegetable at every meal
    •a 20-minute jog or bike ride
    •replace one caloric drink with water
    •a long walk
    •split your dinner out into two meals
    •3-5 sun salutations
    •or even just the warm-up from your regular workout

The key to this Fallback Plan is that you aren’t retreating. You are still in enemy territory, regrouping for your next attack. If you feel like you can do more, do a little more. If you feel like you can do a lot more, do a lot more! But, if after going hard for a few workouts you don’t feel like you can do anything, you can still do something.

Be like Stonewall Jackson and make your Fallback Plan.

seehe wrote: »
    One week left- we can do this ladies!

440y9e3224ce.jpeg

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    awesome read , Suzanne!