DittoDan's Blood Work Results 6-18-2015

Options
DittoDan
DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
edited June 2015 in Social Groups
If you remember last time I posted the blood work numbers, they had improved, but my lipids were still off. That was three months ago and when I was 20 lbs heavier. So, this morning I went to my family doc and reviewed the numbers. My doc was so happy, he was happy about the numbers and that I had lost more weight. He kept saying I am looking good. Even the P.A. (nice looking) lady couldn't believe how I looked. Of course all this made my day. My doc shook my hand and congratulated me in parting.

So, below are the numbers. Please note that there are three numbers on three different dates. The %'s are calculated from the pre-keto date to now (not from the middle date).

I only take Metformin & magnesium citrate. That's a far cry from what I used to take:

How I got Off of Diabetic Prescriptions Drugs Since I Started Keto

The lipids are slowly falling in range. I suspect the numbers will improve as I lose the final 35 lbs.

You'll have to interpret the Lipids, as I am no expert.

For those that are new and don't know me, I've lost 90 lbs since Aug 31st, 2014 on a Keto diet and I water fast regularly. Here's the numbers: (red is no good, green is good.) (I accidently copied the calcium result twice)

7dh62qocsw0d.png
xd78l2hzyp4w.png
4l3bg2zyuub8.png
b1ztmz8k92oi.png

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan
It's Ketogenic or Bariatric! How I Found the Ketogenic Diet
Blog #10 Keto: Abbreviations, Acronyms & Terminology Used on the LCD & Keto Discussion Groups
Blog #13 DittoDan's Milestone's, First's And Good Changes Since Starting the Ketogenic Diet
DittoDan's Keto Blogs
Blog #11 Really Good Keto Websites
Low Carb Discussion Group on MFP (LCD)
Ketogenic Diet Discussion Group on MFP

Replies

• AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Amazing amazing results! Hard work. Good job!
  • DrawnToScale
    DrawnToScale Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You're inspiring Dan! I was just learning more about intermittent fasting, as you practice. Sounds like there's a LOT more benefit than just the loss of caloies - it really helps to reduce insulin resistance, which in turn helps reduce obesity. I think I'm going to give it a try. This guy Dr Jason Fung is very interesting: https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/caloric-reduction-vs-fasting-part-9/

• ihatetodietalways
    ihatetodietalways Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Looking good, two things. I would supplement with vit D, and take in more salt. I am not sure why HDL didn't gi up.
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My HDL has been super stubborn too. The drop in Trigs and the continued awesomeness of the A1C makes me really happy to see, congrats!

As much as I've worked to get off meds and figure out what I don't need to take, Vitamin D is one thing I continue to take without questioning it or worrying about it, seems like a lesser deal than many of the other things, to me at least.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Great job! You really have taken control of your health! I bet your doctor wishes he had more patients like you!
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! You're an inspiration Dan!

::flowerforyou::
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Good for you, Dan! kcko!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Really well done!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Those are some great results, congratulations!
  • inspirationstation
    inspirationstation Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • DittoDan
    Options
    Great job! You really have taken control of your health! I bet your doctor wishes he had more patients like you!

Thank you Sunny,

Yeah, but both my family doc and endo want me to come every 3 months. The day my sugars fall below 6 (they're at 6.3/6.5 now) ~ I'm going to tell them ~ I'm done with the the 3 month visit thing. (loss of income for docs)

It costs me $30 to show them how well I am doing. 4X a year, that's $120 (not to mention what it costs my insurance company ~ I think a routine visit is $170ish and all that blood testing, IDK how much that is).

I'd rather go eat steak and prime rib.... with the money I'll save in co-pays....

• DittoDan
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Looking good, two things. I would supplement with vit D, and take in more salt. I am not sure why HDL didn't gi up.

Thank you... My doc said the same thing (on vit D).

On the Vitamin D, I used to take a prescription D, but I think I read the Rx is D3 (not sure). I think I read bad thigs about it and I should take D2, which is over the counter. Since I am low calcium (not sure why, the week before I ate cups and cups of bone broth and I eat sugar free jello...both have good calcium) so maybe I can buy a multi calcium D2 vitamin, any recommendations?

Thank you...

P.S. I eat so much salt (I lick it every day all day long because I love it so much):

Lets Talk Salt

~ that something else is wrong with my body or the test is wrong. I suspect the latter.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Yay You!

Nice to see hard work and dedication pay off like that

Congrats and well done!
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Excellent, Dan the Man! Your commitment and perseverance are reaping great results!
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Looking great Dan! And no surgery!!!!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    Dan, I think it's the Vitamin D3 that is the good one. I take a liquid vitamin D3 in the winter only. It's suspended in oil and has a graduated dropper. I take 5,000 I.U daily in the winter. In the summer I am soaking up the rays.....
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    Dan, I think it's the Vitamin D3 that is the good one. I take a liquid vitamin D3 in the winter only. It's suspended in oil and has a graduated dropper. I take 5,000 I.U daily in the winter. In the summer I am soaking up the rays.....

Yes, D3 is the OTC. I take 5000 I.U. daily. I was taking more, but I started getting headaches and found out it can do that. Also, I strongly recommend the drops in oil There is one the brand I use carries I will be getting next time that has K2 in it, which helps with D3 and calcium absorption (into the bones, etc.), which is also found in grassfed butter - I think it is @GaleHawkins has more info on why this works...

DittoDan wrote: »

Thank you... My doc said the same thing (on vit D).

On the Vitamin D, I used to take a prescription D, but I think I read the Rx is D3 (not sure). I think I read bad thigs about it and I should take D2, which is over the counter. Since I am low calcium (not sure why, the week before I ate cups and cups of bone broth and I eat sugar free jello...both have good calcium) so maybe I can buy a multi calcium D2 vitamin, any recommendations?

Thank you...

P.S. I eat so much salt (I lick it every day all day long because I love it so much):

Lets Talk Salt

~ that something else is wrong with my body or the test is wrong. I suspect the latter.

• Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »

Thank you Sunny,

Yeah, but both my family doc and endo want me to come every 3 months. The day my sugars fall below 6 (they're at 6.3/6.5 now) ~ I'm going to tell them ~ I'm done with the the 3 month visit thing. (loss of income for docs)

It costs me $30 to show them how well I am doing. 4X a year, that's $120 (not to mention what it costs my insurance company ~ I think a routine visit is $170ish and all that blood testing, IDK how much that is).

I'd rather go eat steak and prime rib.... with the money I'll save in co-pays....

"Rather eat steak and prime rib with that money"

I like the way you think!
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Well the fact is you took control and aside from getting your numbers checked, the doctors have no more influence on how well you're doing, right? No meds, you are autonomous as far as your diet goes.. But as long as you keep going back they probably pat themselves on the back about how *they* turned your life around. Anyway, great work, to you!