Options

Replies

• theislander010
    Options
    37 :(
  • anna_louise90
    anna_louise90 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Down from 38 to 20! Talking to a professional has really helped me over the past 6 months. The hardest thing has been letting go of obsessively eating the 'right' foods with the ever increasing need to attain the perfect diet, as any small slip ups has resulted in feelings of failure, which then fuelled the desire to binge. My other triggers are anxiety and guilt, so finding a way to deal with these without resorting to food was essential. I agree with what the others have said, progress and not perfection. 'Perfect' is the enemy of good.
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    ^Congrats! Mine is 19. I am back on the wagon for a while (1 month+) so I think that's the reason. I am hoping I can sustain it and get lower score come maintenance.
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    10 (down from 24 a year ago)

Your score was 10 out of a possible 46.
    Scores in the 0 - 17 range indicate little or no Binge eating behavior.

We can do this !!!

Although the number is low, I am still a binge eater.

My urges come in waves. I have learnt that I have to do everything I can to stay in control when the urges hit. It might be a few days, weeks or even longer but they will pass and then I have a period without any urges for a while (could even be months). However if I binge then the urges will continue and may last weeks, months or longer. Generally they don't go away until I manage to control them.

• loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Your score was 32 out of a possible 46.
    Scores in the 27 - 46 range indicate severe Binge eating behavior.

Ugh.
  • abi111
    abi111 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i got 41. i have had therapy for BED and it helped a tad but not a lot as you can probably tell from the number.
  • Acacia2India
    Acacia2India Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    31, severe binge eating disorder. No surprise there. Thank you for posting it!
  • sothgo
    sothgo Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I scored a 28, not really a surprise for me unfortunately
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Make goals each day...but not for the whole day - maybe 1 to 3 hours at at time. Try really hard to meet your goals of eating healthy amounts of healthy foods and do Not beat yourself up when/if you don't meet your goals. The effort itself is a victory.. be honest with yourself but also be gentle with yourself.
    krenlw wrote: »
    I scored a 39, severe Binge eating behavior. Now what do I do? :'(

• mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I got a 23. Had I taken this in the past, I am sure it would have been higher...still a stuggle but I'm working on it daily
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I scored 11 and I'm really pleased with that. In Jan I did a similar test and was only a few points away from the maximum score.
  • TheWeightOfFood
    TheWeightOfFood Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    33. Severe. Hmm.
  • Icecream808
    Icecream808 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    New to MFP. My score is 24 out of a possible 46.
    Scores in the 18 - 26 range indicate moderate Binge eating behavior.
  • clguarino
    clguarino Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I scored a 36. I was first diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder in October. I had a plan and was doing well until I started cheating with sweets (my trigger) this Spring. I am having a hard time reining in my eating again. I haven't binged yet, but I feel like I am quickly losing control. I have to get back on track. I'm hoping this app helps.
  • FatStephanie15
    FatStephanie15 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I scored a 14. Very pleased. I have not binged in a long time. I'm still afraid of food however. I used to binge and starve a few times per month. I'm just more afraid of dying because much of my intestines were removed last year after a car accident.
  • Conspiracy19
    Conspiracy19 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    27 :( not so good.
  • SuzieBWorkin
    SuzieBWorkin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    No surprise on my score of 28. I despise cognitive behavioral therapy, but it looks like where I am headed.
  • shlptsmom
    shlptsmom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My score was 33. Thank you for your post. I am hopeful that I'll have success, too.