Carb Friendly Spirits

Options
luvmyleo
luvmyleo Posts: 94 Member
Any good ideas for some carb friendly drinks? Going on vacation soon, and my favorite go to is not carb friendly (pina coloda or rum w/ pineapple juice). I am not going to be eating totally keto- will be having some local cuisine- but I don't want to drink my carbs if I can avoid it.

Replies

• fortunebc
    fortunebc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If you like margaritas try:

1.5 oz tequila,
    Half can diet sprite
    Half packet of sugar free Margaritaville packets to go

I found these packets in my regular grocery store where they sell crystal light, but I'm told crystal light makes a margarita flavor as well. I would just take some with you and order tequila with sprite or 7 up then mix in half a packet. Ive tried this and it's pretty good . Cheers!
  • fortunebc
    fortunebc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I fogot to say 0 carbs!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Grey Goose Martini - 4oz. Olives stuffed with Bleu Cheese. Warning, this used to be my drink of choice. However, since I've been losing weight and eating lo-cal, Just one is enough. I mix it with soda water and ice to stretch it out for the evening.
  • Artemis68
    Artemis68 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Nesfruta, it's like Mio only made by Nestea...in coconut and pineapple flavour. Mix it with club soda or maybe sprite and rum. Tastes like a piña colada.
  • Artemis68
    Artemis68 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Oh, and tequila and fresca.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I love red wine and good craft beer - hoppy IPA's. I haven't been, and won't be, giving either up. Beer tends to be a summer time drink (at home, any time in a pub) for me.

<motto>I run for beer</motto>
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    luvmyleo wrote: »
    Any good ideas for some carb friendly drinks? Going on vacation soon, and my favorite go to is not carb friendly (pina coloda or rum w/ pineapple juice). I am not going to be eating totally keto- will be having some local cuisine- but I don't want to drink my carbs if I can avoid it.

Oh my! We have the same favorite drinks! The only trouble I have with Keto is that I miss my cocktails!
    I've tried several different things that are just ok so far, as compared to the favs. Ocean Spray makes diet juice drinks that have 2g carbs per 8oz in flavors like cranberry lime, blueberry, cranberry lemonade and cran-pomegranate. I like them with vodka. I think they would be even better with some diet sprite too but haven't tried that yet.
    I really need to figure out the piña colada though. Just having the coconut and pineapple flavor without the creamy, milkiness... I don't know if that would do it for me. I've been wanting to experiment with adding hwc with the right flavors... Isn't there some kind of creamy, raw canned coconut thing? I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I remember seeing something in a Keto recipe once that had some kind of substance like that in it.
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    How about spiced rum and diet coke for that holiday flavour?
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Vodka and soda with a twist of lemon/lime.

Or just do shots. :wink:
  • luvmyleo
    Options
    Great ideas! Thanks all :)
  • luvmyleo
    Options

Oh my! We have the same favorite drinks! The only trouble I have with Keto is that I miss my cocktails!
    I've tried several different things that are just ok so far, as compared to the favs. Ocean Spray makes diet juice drinks that have 2g carbs per 8oz in flavors like cranberry lime, blueberry, cranberry lemonade and cran-pomegranate. I like them with vodka. I think they would be even better with some diet sprite too but haven't tried that yet.
    I really need to figure out the piña colada though. Just having the coconut and pineapple flavor without the creamy, milkiness... I don't know if that would do it for me. I've been wanting to experiment with adding hwc with the right flavors... Isn't there some kind of creamy, raw canned coconut thing? I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I remember seeing something in a Keto recipe once that had some kind of substance like that in it.

Yes that is what I am thinking too- I love the creamy! I will be taking my ninja blender with us to the condo- so at least I will be able to control what goes in the drink (instead of buying them at a tiki bar). I am thinking maybe cream of coconut? I have never used it- I need to just head to the grocery store and compare labels.
  • Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    If you're making your own drinks....
    - Sugarfree pina colada drink mix (can find it in the water flavor section of grocery store), cream/coconut cream, water, ice, rum. Maybe a few coconut slices on top?
    -Other drink mixers: diet sodas, power aid zero, diet teas, sugar free drink mixes (Crystal Light)
    - I think I read somewhere that clear liquors have less carb than colored ones
    - sugar free jello shots? For a more tropical feel, in college we would half and orange, pull in insides out, and pour the jello shot mixture in. That way it was more like eating an orange than taking a shot, and there was a bit of real orange left behind as a nice after taste.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    ztqotmelkns1.jpg

It's not piña colada but it is tropical and the best drink I've made so far.
    I bought some coconut milk I found, and I may experiment with adding it to this later tonight. Will let you know if I can achieve the right flavor and smoothness.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Ok. So I blended these ingredients with ice and it makes a pretty good piña colada for a first try.
    0fz204gihn8e.jpg

I didn't measure them out very well... I used a shot glass to add the ingredients. So maybe 1.5 shots of coconut milk to 1.5 shots of rum to 3 shots or tropical juice and sweetener to taste.
    It's pretty good. My husband said they were "ok". And even my 12 year old son liked them... (Minus the rum of course)
    So I think this was a great first try for a low carb piña colada. 4g per glass.
  • luvmyleo
    Options
    Sweet! I will try this! Thank you! Where did you get your coconut sweetener? I need a better sweetener because I am not digging Stevia.
  • golfgirl99
    golfgirl99 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Vodka and lemon juice with a splash of simple syrup
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Sweet! I will try this! Thank you! Where did you get your coconut sweetener? I need a better sweetener because I am not digging Stevia.

I ordered it from Amazon. I like to add a couple drops to my coconut flavor La Croix soda too