Motivation, Support and Accountability Thread, June 22nd - 28th

Options
Italian_Buju
Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
Hey everyone! How's it going? I had a pretty good week last week.....and I am looking for a good one this week too! I am working extra this week so I need to make sure I do not get overwhelmed and start to stress eat.....
Ironic that last week I was so excited that I only had to get up three more times to make lunches at 7am, and yet I have been up at 7 or before every morning, lol, and most of this week too!! Life, I tell ya!

This week my goals are:

1. Proper morning hydration
2. Post to this thread a few times
3. Log my food six days (But be mindful what I eat on my day off)
4. Get to the YMCA two times
5. Make my 10 thousand steps every day
6. Try and get some sun a few days this week (it helps my skin)
7. Go to bed by 10pm four nights this week
8. Manage my stress levels and try not to stress eat, be mindful of it

What are your goals this week??

Weekly Mini Goal

Tell us what recipes do you like to make for a mid day lunch/quick midweek dinner?

Replies

• Summershowalter
    Summershowalter Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    So last week I did ok with the exception of sunday nights dinner. That was aweful calorie wise. But bad choices reap bad results. So this week I am going to try harder. I've made a visual weight loss chart with rewards if I lose weight and consequences if I gain over a pound. With the exception of my black pants week because I could be doing everything right and gain 5 lbs in a week that week. So here are my goals this week....

1: DRINK WATER
    I put this in all.caps.because right jow it's a real struggle

2: stick to my calorie goals

3: exercise 2 times this week.

Mini goal:
    I like to make speghetti for us using speghetti squash in place of noodles and turkey or venison for the meat. It makes a really low cal meal or snack and it's tasty!
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Weekly Mini Goal

Salmon/Steelhead Trout (smaller fillets, or one big piece from Sams Club, with skin).

Pre-heat oven to 450. Place fish on a foil lined pan (skin down), dry the water & any scales off the fish, spray with Crisco Butter or Olive oil spray, and grind pepper and salt on top. Throw in the oven for ~15-20 minutes (depending on the size), and when it's flakey pull it out and eat it.

I normally microwave steam veggies while it's cooking.

Very easy meal to make; it doesn't require a lot of prep/hands-on time.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Last week I did great and I have this board to thank!

THANK YOU! I dropped 6# last week!

This weeks goals:

1. PUMP THE WATER! It's hot and humid here, and this will help my body NOT to hold onto extra fluid. Drink, drink drink!
    2. Walk 10k steps every day, with 1 rest day in the week.
    3. Complete the last 14.9 miles to get my 100 miles in June so I can unbox my reward shoes!
    4. Do some type of arm exercises 3x this week.

Here's hoping you have a fantabulous week!
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    This week's goals are
    (1) 30 minutes of exercise daily
    (2) gym Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
    (3) replace my Jawbone Up

My summer recipe for easy lunch/supper is a chicken salad (tuna or egg can be used instead of chicken)
    1/2 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
    1 teaspoon mayonnaise
    1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    1/4 cup chopped red onion
    1/2 cup chopped celery
    1/4 cup red pepper, chopped
    1 1/2 cups chopped chicken., cooked
    1 1/2 cup grapes, halved
    You can add a few chopped nuts if you like or some raisins.

Serve on lettuce or spinach. Perfect when it is hot and humid.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Today was a good day, i am on point with logging and getting stuff done!! This therpay im doing is kicking the crap out of my emotions some days i barely make it to work.

My goals this week, stick to the basics

1) log everything everyday
    2) drink lots of water
    3) keep up the moving and take my husband for walks

My quick lunch or fast dinner:

Chicken breasts stripped and cooked in 1 tbsp of olive oil and taco seasoning when the chicken is done then add peppers onions and cook for another 5 minutes. Then i top with a sprinkle of hard cheese and a tbsp of sour cream and salsa. can serve with tortillas or rice but i eat mine just like that
  • nassi1984
    nassi1984 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello :D

My goals this week are -

Keep logging everything I eat
    Drink more water!

Mini goal.. I'll have to think about that one..
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    HLaR79 wrote: »
    Today was a good day, i am on point with logging and getting stuff done!! This therpay im doing is kicking the crap out of my emotions some days i barely make it to work.

My goals this week, stick to the basics

1) log everything everyday
    2) drink lots of water
    3) keep up the moving and take my husband for walks

My quick lunch or fast dinner:

Chicken breasts stripped and cooked in 1 tbsp of olive oil and taco seasoning when the chicken is done then add peppers onions and cook for another 5 minutes. Then i top with a sprinkle of hard cheese and a tbsp of sour cream and salsa. can serve with tortillas or rice but i eat mine just like that

What do you mean by hard cheese?
  • ScrAgnX
    Options
    Weekly Mini Goal

100 Calorie "Rise and Shine Egg Muffins"

(700 calories of eggs) 10 Eggs, (240 calories of meat) ~14 strips Bacon or 7oz Grilled Chicken, (~60 calories veggies)Scallions and/or Jalapenos, and (200 calories of cheese) 56 oz Mexican shredded.

Cut/dice all the additions to make them small, beat into the eggs (I add a shot of milk to make them fluffier), then portion into 12 muffin cups. Cook at 350 for 20-25 minutes (until eggs are set).

Refrigerate in Ziploc bags and microwave 1 or 2 for midmorning breakfast.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Italian i like it with a nice flavourful old cheddar, grated but it could be any cheese, old, mild, mozza, marble, jack....
  • matfatcowboy
    matfatcowboy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm late this week,
    goals:
    1. Be active 5 days this week
    2. Drink 6 cups of water each day
    3. Log all my food
    4. Take a college test and pass it (not food related but tossing it in there anyway)

Mini goal:
    I have no idea, that's why I asked italian for this mini goal :), so I could steal ideas from yall.
  • nassi1984
    nassi1984 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good day today after 3 days of eating junk food that we STUPIDLY bought at the weekend!

I've logged everything and have a low calorie chicken chow mein planned for dinner, I deliberately added an extra 10 minutes walk onto the school run, and had to walk to school twice this afternoon for school clubs which is nearly 2.5 hours of walking altogether! I've also been drinking loads of water today and I feel much better for it :)

I thought of a mini goal recipe - Something I found in an old weightwatchers book a decade ago

Sort-of Mediterranean Couscous deliciousness

Mix together;
    5 calories of soy sauce - 1 tbsp
    0 calories of lemon juice - 1 tbsp
    7 calories of tomato puree - 1 tbsp

Stir it into:
    100 calories of couscous
    100 calories of cooked chicken breast
    100 calories of mixed salad vegetables, chopped

• Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone-- it's been busy at work so I haven't been around as much, doing well diet-wise :)

Goals this week-
    Continue with goal 2L/day regular water (not sparkling)
    Keep to eating plan even with looming work deadline, don't let the stress get the best of me!

My favorite quick-lunch is 3oz leftover chicken, 1/2 avocado, 1T coconut oil, splash of lime juice, seasoning to taste. Mix together like a chicken salad. Serve with a cup of veggies.
  • 300to1derland
    300to1derland Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Late to the party, but better late than never right?

Goals this week:

Keep up with the hydration (8 cups of water, minimum)
    Log everything!
    Exercise every day & give myself 1 rest day in the week

Mini Goal:

My favourite way to have lunch is to always include a protein in my salad, such as a hard boiled egg chopped up, a handful of sunflower seeds or a scoop of low-fat cottage cheese!
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Completed just 1 of my 3 goals; so now I have to figure out why I didn't do the others and change that. I've been enjoying gardening everyday in addition to my 30 minute workout. So far, I'm winning the battle against the weeds and the couch!
  • matfatcowboy
    Options
    My week is going pretty well keeping up with my goals so far and feeling good. Just need to push through the weekend and stay strong
  • farrar8217
    farrar8217 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Don't really know what happened today. I just couldn't get enough to eat. I way overdid it. I stayed hungry all day. At least I tracked everything. A little embarrassed about the almost 3700 calories today. Anyone have days like this? I guess there's always tomorrow. Trying to stay positive.
  • 300to1derland
    300to1derland Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is always another day - and yes, I've been there. Like a hungry, starving wolf - I've been there lol
  • ScrAgnX
    Options
    farrar8217 wrote: »
    I just couldn't get enough to eat. I stayed hungry all day.

Sometimes when I get to feeling this way, it's because I've eaten something tasty and I want more. If this is the case, brushing your teeth could help; because it's more clean feeling you don't crave did with that taste.

Other times, I may be thirsty/slightly dehydrated and drinking water sates the hunger.

Are you eating a balanced diet? If I don't get enough protein in hungry all day. Especially hungry if I skip protein rich breakfast for something heavy in carbs (donut instead of eggs, breakfast bar instead of protein shake, etc.).

And sometimes your body just wants/need the food. Two questions to ask yourself are: Have you been eating enough calories on a daily basis, and are you eating back a portion (even if it's a small portion) of your exercise calories? If your not eating enough, the cravings will be worse than losing slower at a "safe" rate.

The last was a problem for me before, and I had trouble keeping to a diet because I was always hungry. Now I realize I don't need a diet, but a paradigm shift. I target around 1000 calories per day below my BMR (telling MFP that I want to lose 2 lbs per week), and I try to eat all of those calories every day. When I exercise, I eat until I am no longer hungry (or I stop at the BMR+ exercise burn quantity).

Hope this helps, and if you need/want more thoughts or ideas, I will try to come up with other suggestions I've found helpful.
  • ScrAgnX
    Options
    Tomorrow is always another day - and yes, I've been there. Like a hungry, starving wolf - I've been there lol

This is something we must all struggle to remember. We can't move forward by dwelling in the past.
  • matfatcowboy
    Options
    I'm with you farrar, in my house we call them black hole days. I just try to recognize it as early as possible and then I ask myself am I hungry or just eating? It's rarely hunger for me. I have been known to drive to the library or somewhere disconnected from food on those days to get away from temptation.